S LIne Golf (efdeel) : My Swing Progress - Moe Norman Inspired Golf Swing

efdeel

Visit site
I will post here my journey to find my own swing (inspired by Moe Norman)

First, my eureka moment when I tried what Moe's said : "pulling hard left hand from the top of back swing" and "right hand doing nothing".

Not perfect but it was an open door for many improvements.

shorter video:

longer video:

Last edited:

efdeel

Visit site
Make some progress....

Sorry for bad camera angle (forget to bring my gopro, it was a camera phone on top of my bag, I was quite happy because I can hit many balls without shank, all at the club face, and the ball was not curved or minimum curve.

For super slow motion...in this video I realize how shaft flex bend at down swing....

efdeel

Visit site
Meanwhile, I only practice at home with softer ball (D.I.Y plastic balls)

Next range practice session, I will fix :

1. My lateral movement, or people can call it foot work ("or right foot lean" for some one familiar with Moe swing).
  2. Swing using the lag from the top of backswing, swing effortlessly. I am sure it will fix my un-balance at finish.

Self note on chipping/pithing:
Setup just like full swing, but with stiffer both hands.

my previous pitch shot practice video:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

To copy Norman don’t you need to get your right shoulder lower through impact?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Meanwhile, I only practice at home with softer ball (D.I.Y plastic balls)

Next range practice session, I will fix :

1. My lateral movement, or people can call it foot work ("or right foot lean" for some one familiar with Moe swing).
  2. Swing using the lag from the top of backswing, swing effortlessly. I am sure it will fix my un-balance at finish.

Self note on chipping/pithing:
Setup just like full swing, but with stiffer both hands.

my previous pitch shot practice video:

Life on the edge. One shank and it's a broken window. Haha

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I am all for someone looking to develop their game and follow a role model. However, in my humble opinion I think progress will be quicker and issues easier to fix to try and adopt a more conventional method. I am one who has issues in their own swing, mainly and over-swing and cupped wrists but I try to incorporate the moves and set up the teaching pro I use gets me to do. Usually as a result when my game dips (again) it is usually a fault in set up (poor posture) or taking the club outside the line and not turning properly and fully in the backswing.

efdeel

Visit site
To copy Norman don’t you need to get your right shoulder lower through impact?
I will update in the next range session, hope with better camera angle from back and front.

I am all for someone looking to develop their game and follow a role model. However, in my humble opinion I think progress will be quicker and issues easier to fix to try and adopt a more conventional method. I am one who has issues in their own swing, mainly and over-swing and cupped wrists but I try to incorporate the moves and set up the teaching pro I use gets me to do. Usually as a result when my game dips (again) it is usually a fault in set up (poor posture) or taking the club outside the line and not turning properly and fully in the backswing.
Yes, for convetional swing, get a good coach will be the most effective way.

Keep going but don’t forget to enjoy yourself!
I admire your enthusiasm. If you're pleased with how it's going and it's enjoyable, keep it up
Thank you Harpo and Jansen, let's we enjoy this beautiful game.

efdeel

Visit site
I think I break the code Moe Norman swing principle...

I tried it at home and back yard, ....sure next time I will try it at DRIVING RANGE.

1. Set up like Moe's
2. Why clubhead so far from the ball? to measure the bend of our body is at right angle to strike the ball.
3. Standing at inside of our feet (ready to rolling right ankle at down swing)
4. wiggle, practice to feel the club at impact, and feel how right hand snap the club, left hand remain straight and as trail.
5. swing and snap
6. finish right hand straight and extended (naturaly because of the snap).

Last edited:

efdeel

Visit site
I change some swing thoughts....practice at home....and went to course

...as Infrequent Golfer...Hacker Golfer...Usually Double Bogey Golfer, I am happy with the result. I think, I am on the right path.

Video was taken with tiny tripod, wasn't confident yet to bring huge tripod yet, and also can get same flight partners inconvenience.

Here is the vlog:
BREAK 100 - FULL COURSE Golf Vlog - Moe Norman Swing (Self Notes at the end of video)

Progress:

Break 100 consistently

No lost ball for couple rounds.

No bunker shot.

Need improvement:

Don't lift feet at impact dude !!!

Practice putting with vary green speed.

Wedge game (below 60 yards pitch shot)

efdeel

Visit site
Breaking The Code of MOE NORMAN Swing - Late Release: More club speed! More distance!

PART 2

1. Keep both feet on the ground at impact.
2. Late release! for more club head speed.

D

Deleted member 1147

I still feel you need to get the right shoulder under more, drive through it better, to be like Norman.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Keeping both your feet on the ground through the ball is going to result in you coming more over the top than you already are at the moment. It's a bad thing to do. I'd advise you if your serious about improving as a golfer to go and seek professional help ? Your on some whacky goose chase trying to be the next Moe Norman but you are who you are dont try and be someone else. Find your own swing

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Strike location on the view video at the end looks very high on the face. Middle but very high.

Could be your delivery or the ball jumping on the mat.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Keeping both your feet on the ground through the ball is going to result in you coming more over the top than you already are at the moment. It's a bad thing to do. I'd advise you if your serious about improving as a golfer to go and seek professional help ? Your on some whacky goose chase trying to be the next Moe Norman but you are who you are dont try and be someone else. Find your own swing

I agree.
One of the 5 laws in golf is the swing path, which has a direct influence on the ball.
If I was teaching you, your swingpath would be high on the list of things to discuss.
Another law in golf is swing speed and it looks like you are trying NOT to set your wrists on the backswing which will seriously reduce your swing speed.
Finally, your lack of weight transfer due to little footwork will affect your angle of attack (3rd law) which will give you serious problems when your in thick rough and can also lead to back injuries.

Golf is very difficult with good mechanics but without good basics it will be frustrating and near impossible to reach a good standard, which I presume you want to achieve

efdeel

Visit site
Thank you for the comments....

here is my latest swing, maybe it would be great if I go to range for next practice.

efdeel

Visit site
My target this year (2020) : become one of golfer that represent my classmates at yearly alumni golf tournament. Score 80s is more than enough (blue tee box).

Last edited: