Is there anyone inspired by Moe Norman swing?

D

Deleted member 1147

Personally I don’t like the idea of making a swing based on a particular person.
i feel you should swing based on your own physical build and abilities.
I have a smooth rhythm more akin to Ernie Els, not by choice but from being 6 foot tall and lanky. I couldn’t choose this swing like Rory, Fitzpatrick or Woosie, as I can’t produce the fast rhythm, no matter how hard I hit at the ball.
So I would say don’t build a swing based on one person; learn to hit it, and build a swing from there ( and take note of all the swings of the best players, and you may see common features which will help you)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Personally I don’t like the idea of making a swing based on a particular person.
i feel you should swing based on your own physical build and abilities.
I have a smooth rhythm more akin to Ernie Els, not by choice but from being 6 foot tall and lanky. I couldn’t choose this swing like Rory, Fitzpatrick or Woosie, as I can’t produce the fast rhythm, no matter how hard I hit at the ball.
So I would say don’t build a swing based on one person; learn to hit it, and build a swing from there ( and take note of all the swings of the best players, and you may see common features which will help you)

A mongrel swing! Little bit of everything.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you want to find your own version of Moe's swing that's fine - but don't be influenced by what he said he was doing in the swing 'cos he got that wrong. Check out some of the slo mo (excuse pun) analyses on youtube.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
If you want to find your own version of Moe's swing that's fine - but don't be influenced by what he said he was doing in the swing 'cos he got that wrong. Check out some of the slo mo (excuse pun) analyses on youtube.

Glad it’s not just me that thought this. In the few videos I’ve seen, he says, “Do this, like this”, then does something completely different to what he’s saying.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just one example .... He said that he finished the swing with the club pointing at the target. What he hadn't realised was after his follow, he then brought the club back down to point at the target.