Is there anyone inspired by Moe Norman swing?

efdeel

Visit site
Some said that golf is lifetime game, I am agree.

That one of reason why I try to swing like Moe Norman, because I considered Moe has the most effective swing (debatable). (only for me: Moe has the best golf swing).

That is why I choose to learn Moe swing.

Maybe here anyone also swing like Moe? or at least have heard and know Moe's story and his swing.

Wolf

Visit site
Most people that are avid golfers will have heard of Moe Norman, seen his swing and how he played. Is it the most effective well that's a question open to debate because there are many other swing types out there that have yielded far greater results and rewards so that will only ever be a matter of personal opinion.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah I've seen Moe Norman's Swing. Technically I would say it's a Single Plane Swing and NOT a One Plane Swing.
His action is similar to that of Bryson DeChambeau, I think.
Personally it's not a Swing that naturally appeals to me as I'm a One Plane man.

efdeel

Visit site
Thanks for the reply,
yes...It seem that one plane or single plane have many definitions.

Yes, because of Bryson Dechambeau now less people questioned about why no one play single plane in PGA Tour.

I am as a total beginner:

Last edited:

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It doesn't appeal to me but I have huge respect for the man, he certainly is a legend in the game. Tiger woods said only two people owned their swings, Ben Hogan and Moe Norman. I certainly feel like if he wasnt such an extroverted character and had played on the PGA tour (even though they wanted to change him because he wasnt your typical golfer) I think he'd be a far more recognisable figure in today's game. The man is a legend and I think a huge amount can be learned from him regardless of how you think about swinging a club. Just remember: you put this dumb guy into that dumb guy, into that dumb guy into that dumb guy. Yes that was him explaining how to play golf 😂

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I occasionally play with someone who has a very Mo type swing and he rarely misses a fairway with it. I dont think he'd ever heard of Mo so just worked it out for himself but it certainly works for him.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is definitely a case for playing your own way.
The point is trying to enjoy the game for a life time and having a competitive game for a life time.
The amount of injuries and curtailed careers now seems to be greater. Unless that’s just better media coverage.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There is definitely a case for playing your own way.
The point is trying to enjoy the game for a life time and having a competitive game for a life time.
The amount of injuries and curtailed careers now seems to be greater. Unless that’s just better media coverage.

I agree. A lot of players on both the ET and PGA tours seem to be carrying injuries or playing on medical exemptions following surgery/injury

efdeel

Visit site
In other forum, some people switch to single plane golf swing because they have back injury or preven one.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks for the reply,
yes...It seem that one plane or single plane have many definitions.

Yes, because of Bryson Dechambeau now less people questioned about why no one play single plane in PGA Tour.

I am as a total beginner:

that video really demonstraights the one plane swing :ROFLMAO:(y)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I believe injuries, therefore curtailed careers, are greater because of the competitive nature of Professional Golf - and the rewards it can bring for success. The demands on the body of a professional golfer these days are immense!

As for Mo's swing...it was certainly unique, though when I watched BdC 'in the flesh' some years ago, 'Mo Norman-ish' immediately sprang to mind! I actually talked to him about it later and he mentioned that he had studied it and agreed with some, but not all, of Mo's approach.

FWIW. I believe it was actually Mo's outstanding short game that was his 'best weapon' as opposed to his straight driving. Definitely worthing reading about a true, if perhaps slightly flawed, character of the game. As a distinct 'loner' Mo spent a huge amount of time practicing, so that accounted for a lot of his accuracy. The stories about crossing the creek that couldn't be carried and Titleist's 'revere scholarship' are particularly favourites.

Last edited:

efdeel

Visit site
that video really demonstraights the one plane swing :ROFLMAO:(y)

:D I should make better video. For first time at range with the swing, I kind a shy...or I just wanna enjoy the swing, the impact and the ballflights. (sure...it is far from result of a golfer that can practice a lot at range and on course).

efdeel

Visit site
Never heard of him. So I have to ask - what aspect of the game he is a legend in...?

Must have missed something - which is not uncommon :)

I can't tell it is joke or real? But anyway, there are some of Moe Norman and his swing videos on youtube.

And at an interview, Tiger Wood said "that only two man has own his swing, Ben Hogan and Moe Norman". Yes, this interview are recorded at youtube too. And what a coinsidance your ID is swingsitlikeHogan.

Many world records he has made.
But my favorite is:
When some one ask, "Moe, when last time you hit out of fairway?"
Moe answered: "7 years ago."

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I can't tell it is joke or real? But anyway, there are some of Moe Norman and his swing videos on youtube.

And at an interview, Tiger Wood said "that only two man has own his swing, Ben Hogan and Moe Norman". Yes, this interview are recorded at youtube too. And what a coinsidance your ID is swingsitlikeHogan.

Many world records he has made.
But my favorite is:
When some one ask, "Moe, when last time you hit out of fairway?"
Moe answered: "7 years ago."

Wasn't joking - I have never heard of Moe Norman.

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cant remember where i read it, but there was a story about Moe Norman that i thought was incredible.

He's on the 18th green of the final round and had 3 putts to win the tournament. He sets up to putt, but turns 180 degrees and knocks it into the bunker to the gasps of the crowd. He then strolls into the bunker, knocks it stiff and holes the putt to win it anyway. Cant remember his exact words, but when asked about it after the event he pretty much shrugged and said he wanted to see if he could do it.

efdeel

Visit site
Cant remember where i read it, but there was a story about Moe Norman that i thought was incredible.

He's on the 18th green of the final round and had 3 putts to win the tournament. He sets up to putt, but turns 180 degrees and knocks it into the bunker to the gasps of the crowd. He then strolls into the bunker, knocks it stiff and holes the putt to win it anyway. Cant remember his exact words, but when asked about it after the event he pretty much shrugged and said he wanted to see if he could do it.

yes, I have read about it too somewhere. As I remember: Moe did it, because he heard that reporter said that the best bunker shot player are ....... (cant remember the name but not Moe). And Moe want to show his bunker shot...then the story above happend. He still win with 1 shot.