Can't Stop Pulling the Ball

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Biggest cause of a pull is coming over the top trying to hit the ball too hard. Try to feel your right shoulder coming under your chin.

Yeah this is my pull. The left shoulder (that started high at address) drops too much and the right shoulder lifts, so I'm coming round far too 'square' and it usually happens when I'm trying too hard for extra distance etc

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Played a round today (only played on the course as a friend is moving to Australia and we had this booked in ages ago), and safe to say it didn't go well. Hooking left even more than before - I think my confidence is shattered. Need to go see a new pro and try and work through it! Thanks again for all the advice - I'll try some of the tips from this thread on the range!
Definitely see a Pro.
But why a new one? Faffing about with different Pros is counter-productive and costly imo. If it's simply a quick fix you are after, then your existing one can possibly even solve your problem with a 30 second conversation and a drill. Or a reassessment in another session. Too many folk, imo, think that a single lesson will solve their problem without causing 'consequential' issues. I've always budgeted for 3-5 lessons to solve/imbed any issues and consequences.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
A pull is a caused by a swingpath that goes left with a club face pointing the same way

Untitled.jpg

To hit the ball straight, you need to change the direction of the swingpath so that the red line points at the target
Aiming right is the easiest, cheapest and quickest way of achieving that.
Aim right and let the swing go where it wants to go.