Ryder Cup 2023 - Italy

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Bobby Mac should be OK, I'm sure the commentators mentioned he hadn't played well or made the cut @ Crans so 100% under pressure on a course that doesn't suit him.

Aberg just awesome

Visit site
It will be a mistake in my opinion if Nicolai Hojgaard is picked ahead of Meronk. The latter has been good all year and is ready. Nicolai pulls too many wedges/9 irons under pressure.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Googles Aberg and Meronk 🤔🤣
I'm aware of Meronk because of the European Tour Fantasy League I've been playing against others on the forum. He had a good season and seemed to be up there in a lot of events.

Aberg on the other hand, has literally just turned up in the last month or so. I'm sure it's too late for him to get the nod. Paul, Meronk or the Hojgaards make more sense to me.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm aware of Meronk because of the European Tour Fantasy League I've been playing against others on the forum. He had a good season and seemed to be up there in a lot of events.

Aberg on the other hand, has literally just turned up in the last month or so. I'm sure it's too late for him to get the nod. Paul, Meronk or the Hojgaards make more sense to me.

Just had a quick read, world amateur no 1 at some point, US college player of the year and then a win at the weekend, that’s some cv already.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had a quick read, world amateur no 1 at some point, US college player of the year and then a win at the weekend, that’s some cv already.
Can't help but feel disheartened though that we're gambling on a lad who's been around for 5 minutes, whereas the biggest gamble on the US team was whether to pick double major-winner Justin Thomas. :cry:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can't help but feel disheartened though that we're gambling on a lad who's been around for 5 minutes, whereas the biggest gamble on the US team was whether to pick double major-winner Justin Thomas. :cry:

Very true, it seems the US team always picks from Champions League winners and we pick a portion of the team from EFL Division 1 😬

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Because there is nobody with a stronger claim. Its last man in. Will only be one match on the first 2 days anyway. May as well go with they guy who does look a real talent, is clearly in firm, and showed great poise yesterday. And, is almost matter of fact acceptance that he wasnt surprised at getting a win so early looked better to me than MacIntyres emotion when he thought he had won the Scottish. In golf, carrying no baggage, and almost not having found out yet how difficult pro golf is, could be an advantage for Aberg.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know what time today the team is being announced?

And by announced, I mean by Luke Donand and not some bloke on Twitter/down the pub/mate of yours/etc ;)

D

Deleted member 21445

The European Team Is

McIlroy
Rahm
Hovland
Hatton
Fleetwood
Fitzpatrick
Lowry
Rose
Straka
N Hojgaard
MacIntyre
Aberg
Not going to say I told you so but..............

I was told the team yesterday at 7.41pm , if I could have told you the source you would have known it was concrete info as he has been in the last 6 European Team Rooms..

D

Deleted member 15344

Disappointing for both Meronk and Paul who both played most of their golf on the ET gaining more points than Hojgaard