Ryder Cup 2021

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I feel desperately sorry for the European rookies. Their first taste of Ryder Cup and they play in front of a totally partisan gallery with little or no European support.

They really must be wondering what all the fuss is about.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Fourballs I'd go for

Rahm/Hatton
McIlroy/Casey
Garcia/Lowry
Hovland/Weisberger

That's basically your top 4 players for average birdies per round paired with the next four highest.

You just have to hope they come off and shoot good rounds.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Fourballs I'd go for

Rahm/Hatton
McIlroy/Casey
Garcia/Lowry
Hovland/Weisberger

That's basically your top 4 players for average birdies per round paired with the next four highest.

You just have to hope they come off and shoot good rounds.

Hmm pairing Garcia with Rahm is a mistake. He needs to gamble by splitting them and hoping they both shoot good rounds for an extra point instead of a 'guaranteed' point. That's just no good at this point.

Springveldt

Visit site
McIlroy with Poulter again? That is a brave decision.
Brave is not the word I would have used.

He needed to split Rahm and Garcia as well as we are past the point of no return really. Need to try and grab 2 points between them rather than sticking them together and hoping for one. Rahm is so good you could just check anyone out there with him that is capable of making a couple of birdies.

Rory and Poulter together again looks like madness.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Brave is not the word I would have used.

He needed to split Rahm and Garcia as well as we are past the point of no return really. Need to try and grab 2 points between them rather than sticking them together and hoping for one. Rahm is so good you could just check anyone out there with him that is capable of making a couple of birdies.

Rory and Poulter together again looks like madness.

Agreed, I said the same above. Not saying these pairings cant/won't work, but statistically it makes no sense.

Just pair up your best 4 players for average birdies with the next four and hope they shoot low scores.

That doesn't involve Poulter,nor Fleetwood, although he played well yesterday, minus missed putts.

Highslice

Visit site
Thing is - shots like that and tap-in birdies aren’t even enough to win holes, so I can’t see how Europe get anywhere close to coming back, even if they play fantastically well from here on