Ryder Cup 2021

D

Deleted member 15344

Might as well give the trophy to the USA now then if reading the thread - it’s done and dusted ?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Might as well give the trophy to the USA now then if reading the thread - it’s done and dusted ?
I like a bit of tongue in cheek, and you know as well as I do that past years have often dispelled the myth that they can't play foursomes, and we always get stuffed at 4BBB.

Swango1980

Visit site
If Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was the European Ryder Cup captain, he'd just select the same 4 pairings for today's foursomes :)

At least Harrington will find it easier to give everyone a game before the singles, easy to drop people and mix pairings

D

Deleted member 15344

I like a bit of tongue in cheek, and you know as well as I do that past years have often dispelled the myth that they can't play foursomes, and we always get stuffed at 4BBB.

I think since 2006 we have been behind every time bar Medinah - 3-1 at Paris I think it was. Always seem to have a few have stinkers to start

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Would quite fancy Justin Rose & Alex Noren coming in this afternoon! The US have outplayed us at our apparent strength. They played really well. Glad I'm not stuck down the left on the the 17th. At least we have one point!

D

Deleted member 15344

Would quite fancy Justin Rose & Alex Noren coming in this afternoon! The US have outplayed us at our apparent strength. They played really well. Glad I'm not stuck down the left on the the 17th. At least we have one point!

The apparent strength at foursomes is a bit of myth when looking at the results over the last 6 or so Ryder cups

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
So it's the 2 short hitters and 2 older guys who drop out for Europe. Garcia will be a big miss, he played awesome this morning.

RichA

Visit site
Hopefully a quick one, without having to hit the Rules forum to display my ignorance and trigger a 6 page argument...
Why did Berger putt before Westwood? His putt looked much closer.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He should have rested JT not Jordan ?? And why rest Colin Morikawa?!

Also breaking up Xander / Cantalay seems dumb ??

Padraig throwing the dice. May as well. Guess Sergio has to be rested so fair enough. No issue with those pairings at all. On paper I reckon Stricker is making the errors here but let’s see if Europe are strong enough to capitalise

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
He should have rested JT not Jordan ?? And why rest Colin Morikawa?!

Also breaking up Xander / Cantalay seems dumb ??

Padraig throwing the dice. May as well. Guess Sergio has to be rested so fair enough. No issue with those pairings at all. On paper I reckon Stricker is making the errors here but let’s see if Europe are strong enough to capitalise
Speith missed a few putts he'd never miss, I don't think that's a bad drop, I'd have dropped both of them.

Good captaincy from Padraig giving everyone a game today, a mistake often made by others, Mark James the worst culprit.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Speith missed a few putts he'd never miss, I don't think that's a bad drop, I'd have dropped both of them.

Good captaincy from Padraig giving everyone a game today, a mistake often made by others, Mark James the worst culprit.

US doing the same i.e. everyone getting a game on Day 1.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don’t like the look of some of those football matches. Another 3 points to the USA. Hope I’m wrong but I only fancy Rahm & Hatton from that.