Rory, new coach? New caddie or what?

D

Deleted member 15344

But it didn’t start on 1st Jan and he won’t be 2nd after this. It’s like saying a team won the second half 2:0 yet they didn’t score in the first half when there opponents netted 5. McGinley isn’t objective when it comes to Rory as he is so 😍.

dont get me wrong, huge Rory fan, on a brighter note, has Mark Roe been benched or even better put out to Grass?

The point is despite all the doom and gloom and the demands for changes and the kicking Rory from the usual subjects he season so far since returning from injury is actually not that bad and there isn’t the need for major surgery and big changes

If Rory was struggling week in week out then you could point to something but he isn’t - he has had a very good season so far with only one player actually having a better season than him so far going by the rankings.

To me it’s just a case of overreacting to a poor tournament and it always happens with Rory - just as it happened when Spieth had his struggles and does again now

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Interesting stat that if the World Ranking points started on 1st Jan then Rory would be 2nd just behind DJ - guess the season is going well so far then for Rory

Typical Liverpool “fan” if the season started in .... we’d be top 😂😂😂

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The point is despite all the doom and gloom and the demands for changes and the kicking Rory from the usual subjects he season so far since returning from injury is actually not that bad and there isn’t the need for major surgery and big changes

If Rory was struggling week in week out then you could point to something but he isn’t - he has had a very good season so far with only one player actually having a better season than him so far going by the rankings.

To me it’s just a case of overreacting to a poor tournament and it always happens with Rory - just as it happened when Spieth had his struggles and does again now

Dress it up any way you want and I am sure you believe what you are trying to say but he is far from being the player you believe him to be, if you want thrills then watch Phil if you want to watch the best then look away when Rory is on. He is good but so are most of they players we see week in week out.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Butch sums it up as Phil holes a put The only one not coming back in this group is Rory, this sums it up in a nut shell. Most of the field are making ground yet Rory is losing it

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Phil no one is actually slating Rory,we are just pointing out that he’s not as good as we all expected he could be.
Don’t take it personal just because you like him.
Even on his day he’s no better than the DJ’s or Day’s on their Day 👍🏻👍🏻

D

Deleted member 15344

Butch sums it up as Phil holes a put The only one not coming back in this group is Rory, this sums it up in a nut shell. Most of the field are making ground yet Rory is losing it

How can most of the field be making ground when out of the 140 odd playing there is about 10 Under par ? And the cut line looking to go further out because people keep losing shots. Rory is 2 over today which is a lot better than a good deal amount of the field and includes two birdies in the last four holes.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How can most of the field be making ground when out of the 140 odd playing there is about 10 Under par ? And the cut line looking to go further out because people keep losing shots. Rory is 2 over today which is a lot better than a good deal amount of the field and includes two birdies in the last four holes.

Do you mean 150 plus players ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Do you mean 150 plus players ?
If that’s your only response Bomber it prob suggests your statement was nonsense- and another birdie from Rory - 3 Under the back 9 and just one over now for the round

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
rory just isn't good enough. almost bottom of the table after day 1!!!! terrible golf. never known such an up and down player

D

Deleted member 1418

rory just isn't good enough. almost bottom of the table after day 1!!!! terrible golf. never known such an up and down player

Yeah he's a joke. 4 major wins, countless tournament wins, world rankings show he's one of the best players in the world - he should pack it in!! 😉😂😂😂

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah he's a joke. 4 major wins, countless tournament wins, world rankings show he's one of the best players in the world - he should pack it in!! 😉😂😂😂

I'm a massive fan. but history is history. in the last 3 years rory is a different player. you cant drive the ball 360 and miss a green with a wedge in your hand. his putting is hard to watch.

i want rory back to former glory as i love watching his golf.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I think Butch Harmon in commentary has summed it up perfectly. He needs to stop playing "golf swing" and just play golf. Now he knows he hasn't a chance of making the cut he has relaxed and has just started playing golf, rather than trying to be so precise and machine-like. Result: 4 birdies and no dropped shots on the back 9.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Car crash golf.

Had to laugh at McGinley trying his best to blow smoke up his countryman's backside with his stats nonsense.

We all know Rory has the ability to win majors, not sure he has the mental ability or the desire anymore. His body language tells a story.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
He’s fast becoming one dimensional, anything other than long, soft and no wind he seems to struggle. His putting is poor and he has a heart the size of a pea.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What is with the Rory obsession on here

Rahm, Garcia, Spieth, Day, Bubba all missed the cut...maybe we need a thread on each, ask what is going on, is it mental, is it x part of their game