Rick Garg

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll be honest, the first time I met Rick I remember asking some of the NW lads "Do you think he's a genuine fella", the cynic that I am - they all said yes. Over the course of that H4H weekend and further times, he was to prove that he was a genuine fella, and much, much more. He was a true gentleman.

He had a natural enthusiasm for life and golf, and most of all something that very few people have - charisma. You knew that if he was at a meet, it wouldn't just be a game of golf, it would be a bet, banter, beers and burgers. I was lucky enough to have 3-4 games in his company and all were a pleasure. When I was first thinking of captains for the Trump trip, Rick was the first person I thought of for the southern lads. I knew that him coming would also bring another 10-12 people, as you couldn't help but get carried along in the whirlwind of enthusiasm that he brought with him.

In that first game, me and another guy didn't give him a free drop from what he was asking may have been a rabbit scrape - I said if the rabbit had a "club foot", and that foot was an 8 iron, then ok. He burst out laughing, took it in the right spirit and carried on, without any repercussions.

I only found out about what happened on Sunday night on the course, and after hearing the terrible news last night, I was absolutely gutted. Rick (and Richart)are the type of fellas who in no small measure have united the forum from north to south, through the H4H meet, and the forum is a better place for it, and genuinely, is like a well spread out family.

I'm sure he's asking St. Peter if Pearly gates get free relief, as we speak.

Condolences to Rick's family, and close friends. Rest well, fella.

What a lovely post!

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Didn't know the guy and never met but always portrayed himself as a fantastic bloke through this forum.

I'm sure he'll be sorely missed by a lot of forumers.

Thoughts go to his family & friends.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Terribly sad news.

I never met Rick, but it was obvious through here, what a genuinely nice chap he was.

We kept an eyes on each others twitter and I enjoyed his updates (mainly the paige ones).

It's abundantly obvious how much he will be missed and in time, I'm sure a Rick Garg memorial trophey can be played annually to continue his good work for H4H.

For those of you that had the pleasure of meeting him, cherish those memories dearly. And talk about him often!

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Absolutely shocked!!

Condolences to his family

I played with Rick a few times and we used to joke that he was the poshest Yorkshire lad on the planet.

The fairways will certainly be a duller place without him and his colourful outfits.

RIP top bloke

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Apologies to the mods for my initial reaction and the obfuscated use of a inappropriate word but I just wrote down what I was thinking. I had the absolute pleasure of Rick's company at Carton House for the XPS-1 launch. A nicer guy you couldn't wish to meet. This really is a huge shock and a huge loss.

Once again RIP Rick, you will be sorely missed by everyone who had the pleasure to meet you.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm absolutely shocked and saddened at this tragic news. Sincere thoughts go out to his wife,daughter, family and close friends.

I've met Rick a few times and remember vividly at one of my first forum meets at The Addington and was warmed to Rick as soon as I met him. He was as bright and colourful as his golf attire!

It must have been a good 5 years ago that I bought a club off him, (a Benross Trimass 4 wood), it's
my go to club which I will treasure forever.
Also remember what a cool guy Rick was, one time at the Cooden meet he was cursing as he had forgotten his sunglasses - I lent him mine and really glad I did as they looked much better on him than me!

I will also never forget Rick and will also cherish the memories..................

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sad, sad news. So many happy memories, but just not enough. Thoughts are with Jodie and Karen. Tough times.

Some times we take our friends for granted, assume they will always be there, and don't see them often enough.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Never met the man but always seemed a good guy on here and obviously well thought of on here.Always the good guys go too early.
hope his family are comforted by the respect and affection that R.G. was obviously held in.

Jimbo

D

Deleted member 1418

Still struggling to come to terms with the news - just in complete and utter shock. Played with him and Murph about 6 weeks ago in our 'Birthday Challenge' match and he was his usual irrepressible self!

Devastated for Karen and Jodie - he spent a good while that day talking with pride over Jodie's academic achievements. Thoughts and prayers go out to them both.

RIP my friend - will never forget the fun times we had on and off the course. Will always raise a glass to you on 15th June.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great post Pete.

Never played a round with Rick but had the absolute pleasure of 'one night in Aberbeen’.

All the posts before epitomise everything I felt upon meeting Rick, just a walking smile wanting the best for everyone with a huge passion for the game.

A true gent that will be sadly missed, but never, ever forgotten.

My condolences go out to his family.

RIP Rick

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great post Pete.

Never played a round with Rick but had the absolute pleasure of 'one night in Aberbeen’.

All the posts before epitomise everything I felt upon meeting Rick, just a walking smile wanting the best for everyone with a huge passion for the game.

A true gent that will be sadly missed, but never, ever forgotten.

My condolences go out to his family.

RIP Rick

Said to LiverpoolPhil on FB today, my Mrs met a few of you at Carnoustie but when I told her Rick had passed this morning she knew exactly who I meant despite the minimal time she was in his company. She was very shocked. That shows the impression he left on folk, a man absolute gem of a man.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Words just don't seem enough really, such sad News.
I had the pleasure of spending 18 holes with Rick on a couple of occasions and also at several meets. He always had time for everyone. Witty, kind, charismatic.
He just loved life and he lived it with a smile on his face.

Thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Absolutely gutting to hear of such tragic news.

One of the truest gentleman I have had the pleasure of meeting who will be sorely and deeply missed by anyone that has the pleasure of meeting him.

A sad day.

Rip it up the Rick, hopefully the golfing gods are with you now buddy.