Help for Heroes Charity Golf Day - Blackmoor Golf Club Friday 8th October 2021

The Lion

Visit site
Hi everyone

Finally getting around to writing a long one after travelling a bit and doing random things to boot!

First, I'd like to thank @richart and Vicky for all their hard work in organising a great day out for such a worthy cause. I enjoyed it very much and was grateful to both of you for putting on a good show. Blackmoor was a great venue for it and a successful one too. It was especially moving hearing stories about how veterans' lives have been improved through the charity's hard work :cry:

Shout out to @Bdill93, @Blakey and Ian for being good company and putting up with your boy for four tortuous hours over Blackmoor's delightful, yet challenging terrain. I think we all played quite poorly, but it was still a fair day. Whenever we get to return, I'm sure those scores will improve with that banked local knowledge, all really hard-earned!

Kudos also to @PhilTheFragger, @Midnight and @PNWokingham for some enjoyable and informative conversations too - and thx for that pint P, my shout next time!

As restrictions ease (and hopefully stay that way), I'm very keen to host a forum day out up north sometime next year at North Wales in Llandudno; it may even be good to do a North Wales/North West trip if anything is interested. Will see what I can do.

Meantime, if any forumers are visiting the North West, you're very welcome at North Wales, plus for us to grab a pint or two. Feel free to inbox anytime and we'll get something sorted. I'll also be visiting family down south a fair bit, so would be great to meet up for a game with some of you in the near future.

Love and best wishes to everyone!
The Lion aka Paolo :love:

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone

Finally getting around to writing a long one after travelling a bit and doing random things to boot!

First, I'd like to thank @richart and Vicky for all their hard work in organising a great day out for such a worthy cause. I enjoyed it very much and was grateful to both of you for putting on a good show. Blackmoor was a great venue for it and a successful one too. It was especially moving hearing stories about how veterans' lives have been improved through the charity's hard work :cry:

Shout out to @Bdill93, @Blakey and Ian for being good company and putting up with your boy for four tortuous hours over Blackmoor's delightful, yet challenging terrain. I think we all played quite poorly, but it was still a fair day. Whenever we get to return, I'm sure those scores will improve with that banked local knowledge, all really hard-earned!

Kudos also to @PhilTheFragger, @Midnight and @PNWokingham for some enjoyable and informative conversations too - and thx for that pint P, my shout next time!

As restrictions ease (and hopefully stay that way), I'm very keen to host a forum day out up north sometime next year at North Wales in Llandudno; it may even be good to do a North Wales/North West trip if anything is interested. Will see what I can do.

Meantime, if any forumers are visiting the North West, you're very welcome at North Wales, plus for us to grab a pint or two. Feel free to inbox anytime and we'll get something sorted. I'll also be visiting family down south a fair bit, so would be great to meet up for a game with some of you in the near future.

Love and best wishes to everyone!
The Lion aka Paolo :love:

It was good to meet and chat with you mate. Look forward to catching up with you again ??????