Help for Heroes Charity Golf Day - Blackmoor Golf Club Friday 8th October 2021

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
You didn't want your prize then. :p

Still think you fell for the nearest the pin on 18 being cancelled.:unsure: If you didn't fall for it Bratty did. He offered to find you a prize personally.:LOL:

Haha! Yep, he was absolutely outraged! Smiffy and me knew better.

Also, special mention to Vicky for her Oscar winning performance “we’re all in tears” ???

D

Deleted member 1147

View attachment 38864
@JamesR & @TonyJ bowing to the Majesty that is Blackmoor GC.
Great playing with you James. Next time we play you’ll be a Scratch player, no doubt. @Stuart_C was great fun, as usual. My mate @TonyJ as a member of Blackmoor showed us the way round & was top company.
Well done to @richart & Vicky and their team in arranging this annual event. Extra pressure hosting at his own club. Smashed it! Loved every minute of the day.
Hope to catch up with a few of you over the winter period. Stay safe. Cheers!
Thanks Mark, I’ve just got to remove the stupid mistakes, and I have half a chance of scratch.
Tony as a brilliant guide.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Could I request that any photos of the day are posted in a new thread in the 'your golf pictures' section of the forum. Would be great to have a permanent record of a cracking day (so I am told:whistle:)

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always plays the hardest hole on the course. You wouldn’t catch me starting on that hole. ?

Thanks for the heads up on that hole Rich. Lay up left short of the fairway, lay up short of the bunkers, lay up short of the green, chip and run on, and 1 putt. 5 net 4, 2 points ta very much. 1st time I've scored on that hole. You obviously play it like that every time :ROFLMAO:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on that hole Rich. Lay up left short of the fairway, lay up short of the bunkers, lay up short of the green, chip and run on, and 1 putt. 5 net 4, 2 points ta very much. 1st time I've scored on that hole. You obviously play it like that every time :ROFLMAO:
Not quite Roger. I hit a reasonable drive, 200 yards in and dcecided to lay up with a three wood.:eek: That heavy dew was taking a lot off my tops.:(

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A bit late posting, but thanks to Dave for organising Camberley Heath and Richart and his team for Blackmoor. I thoroughly enjoyed the two days, helped by playing just about my best golf of the year, but also meeting up with forumers who I know and some that I didn’t. It was great to get to play with Dean and Dando who I had seen around, but had not had the opportunity to play alongside before and well done to Grizzly for keeping going for both days when the golf was a struggle (I hope that we get the opportunity to play again when the form returns).
Also thanks to Swinger, Frankie and Slasher for letting me join them for dinner on Thursday evening. Good to get to know you guys and show what a lightweight I am with Guinness.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
A message from John Carpenter at Help for Heroes

Hi everyone,

Absolute pleasure to meet you all on Friday and thank you for the support you have shown the event over the past 12 years. To date you have raised over £140,000 which is absolutely amazing!

Help for Heroes offers our veterans unique experiences and the opportunity to find a new activity that will aid them with their recovery. As you can imagine golf has proven to be very popular in that regard.

We are currently looking for golf ranges around the south (Wiltshire, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire & Berkshire) who would be willing to host our veterans for a morning/afternoon.

Ideally we would want to have a free session and ability for the guys to use some clubs (most won't have their own) but the free part isn’t a deal breaker. If they had a golf pro available that could give them some pointers that would be awesome!!

If you can help please contact me via email on john.carpenter@helpforheroes.org.uk or call on 07583860312

John Carpenter
Area Fund Raising Manager

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Just a quick thank you to everyone that has supported the Help For Heroes day this year. (y)

This includes all those that played on the day, the helpers including Gordon, Guy, Tom from Titleist and Laura who gave up their time on the day, and especially to Vicky who gave up a lot of time not only on the day.;)

Playing at Blackmoor made it easier for us, with less travelling, and being able to set up the day before. It was unfortunate we couldn't have a shotgun start due to Covid rules when I booked the course, so it was inevitable that the early starters would have a long wait. I knew the Club would not let us down, provide a decent test of golf, and have the facilities for an enjoyable meal, auction and prize giving. Blackmoor is a top members course, and I hope everyone enjoyed their day. If not don't bother telling me.:eek:

Thanks to Steve, Frankie and Slasher for their company. I moved the nearest the pin in two from the first to the second as Steve could drive the first. Typical that he should then win the prize on the second. Slasher winning the nearest the pin on 17 just proves the blind squirrel saying is true. Aztecs27 two on 18 was impressive and he will get a prize, eventually.

Well done to all the winners, some great scores.(y)

Hopefully see you all next year.

Rich

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a quick thank you to everyone that has supported the Help For Heroes day this year. (y)

This includes all those that played on the day, the helpers including Gordon, Guy, Tom from Titleist and Laura who gave up their time on the day, and especially to Vicky who gave up a lot of time not only on the day.;)

Playing at Blackmoor made it easier for us, with less travelling, and being able to set up the day before. It was unfortunate we couldn't have a shotgun start due to Covid rules when I booked the course, so it was inevitable that the early starters would have a long wait. I knew the Club would not let us down, provide a decent test of golf, and have the facilities for an enjoyable meal, auction and prize giving. Blackmoor is a top members course, and I hope everyone enjoyed their day. If not don't bother telling me.:eek:

Thanks to Steve, Frankie and Slasher for their company. I moved the nearest the pin in two from the first to the second as Steve could drive the first. Typical that he should then win the prize on the second. Slasher winning the nearest the pin on 17 just proves the blind squirrel saying is true. Aztecs27 two on 18 was impressive and he will get a prize, eventually.

Rich

......and thanks also to you for arranging such an amazing day (again). You're lucky getting to play your golf there mate. Next years captain (Kev) needs a handicap cut ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Rich

another great H4H Day

It was really nice to see both you and Vicki being there this year - it wasn’t the same last year

The day is what the forum is all about , and it’s always good to see people travel from the four corners to come play golf, help out and put a little of money towards a great cause