Help for Heroes Charity Golf Day - Blackmoor Golf Club Friday 8th October 2021

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
For the 12th Golf Monthly Forum Help for Heroes Charity Golf day we are returning to beautiful Blackmoor Golf Club in Hampshire on Friday 8th October. We last played the event there in 2012 and that was the first charity day that I teamed up with the founder Rickg. (Rick Garg). He is still greatly missed, and I know a lot of regulars play as a show of support for him and to not let him be forgotten on the forum.

Blackmoor is a lovely Harry Colt Heathland course, not overly long but tight, which should suit all standards of golfer ? It is always ranked in the top 100 English courses and in the top five in Hampshire. If Fish can win round Blackmoor, it must give all of us a chance ! Unfortunately Robin will not be able to talk us through his winning round, but he has very kindly donated the prizes etc from his Rick Garg memorial golf day. The lowest gross score will now win the Rick Garg trophy.

It has been much harder to find a course to hold the event this year due to Covid-19, with many clubs not wishing to commit to the numbers we need to make the day a success. Others have also wanted to charge too much, so we are very grateful to Blackmoor to give us the following deal: -

£65 to include bacon rolls on arrive, 18 holes individual stableford and a two-course meal.

Blackmoor do not normally allow societies on a Friday, so special thanks to the Captain and committee for allowing us to play.

There will be a two-tee start from the 1st and 10th, starting from 8.30 a.m. The total number of players we can have is 80, which the club can easily cater for with the recently enlarged dining room and lounge. A round at Blackmoor would normally cost £80, so I think we have got a good deal.

The donation to the H4H charity will be £25 again this year, so the total cost will be £90. I will set up the charity JustGiving site shortly and once a donation has been made your place will be secure. In the meantime, put your names down on this thread if you would like to play.

To speed up registration, I will collect monies due to the Club, £65, in two payments. £30 by the end of May and £35 by the end of August. Please note these payments will be made to me and not to the JustGiving site. If you have to pull out after making these payments to me, you will receive a refund as long as cancellation is not within the last week leading up to the event. Donations to the Charity site cannot be refunded in any circumstances.

Initially places will be allocated to forumers, but if spaces are still available, guests will be invited to play.

Mike Harris and the GM team are up for this years’ charity golf day, so hopefully, Covid-19 permitting, we will return to our more normal schedule, with a charity auction and a proper prize giving on the day. We should also have a representative from Help For Heroes to give details of this fantastic charity.

Dave (Papas1982) is looking to arrange a game on the Thursday 7th October and will put up a new thread with details when he has them. A double header will hopefully encourage those that will have to travel a decent distance to make the trip and find accommodation in the area. We may even be able to get local members to sign forumers in at their courses over the weekend.

If you have any queries regarding the day, please ask on this thread or drop me a pm.

Rich.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
1. Blue in Munich
2. Paperboy
3. SteveW86
4. Jobr1850
5. JamesR
6. Imurg
7. PhilThe Fragger
8. Pieman
9. SaintHacker
10. The Swedish Bandit
11. Cake
12. LiverpoolPhil
13. NW Jocko
14. Traminator
15. Stu
16. Duffers05
17. Anotherdouble
18. Junior
19. PNWokingham
20. Captainron
21. Papas1982
22. Dando
23. Srixon 1
24. Qwerty
25. Chrisd
26. Swingalot
27. Evemccc
28. Crow
29. Smiffy
30. Homer
31. ArnoldArmChewer
32. IanM
33. Whereditgo
34. wookie

Wookie’s alive!!! ??

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If anyone is already looking for hotel alternatives, the Purple Palace aka Premier Inn in Farnham is the lucky establishment that will host myself and @Papas1982 and I believe a few others the night before H4H for the obligatory beers and curry.

all booked in. might be tempted to go for the breakfast option before the bacon rolls at the golf club

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Hotels booked already!! lets hope we're all free by then!! Rich, i'll be going home on the Friday after the round, can't afford to stay 3 nights!! if i can get early tee off like last year, that would be Really great, its near enough a 6hr drive (336 miles) home if i don;t stop!! Looking forward to this again, playing Camberly (edited, don't know why i said Hankley Doh!! the day before. Long way to go for a game, but worth it for H4H and to see you lovely lot!! See yas in October!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

Hotels booked already!! lets hope we're all free by then!! Rich, i'll be going home on the Friday after the round, can't afford to stay 3 nights!! if i can get early tee off like last year, that would be Really great, its near enough a 6hr drive (336 miles) home if i don;t stop!! Looking forward to this again, playing Hankley the day before. Long way to go for a game, but worth it for H4H and to see you lovely lot!! See yas in October!!

You coming solo Stu?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Hotels booked already!! lets hope we're all free by then!! Rich, i'll be going home on the Friday after the round, can't afford to stay 3 nights!! if i can get early tee off like last year, that would be Really great, its near enough a 6hr drive (336 miles) home if i don;t stop!! Looking forward to this again, playing Hankley the day before. Long way to go for a game, but worth it for H4H and to see you lovely lot!! See yas in October!!
Good to have you playing Stu, and hopefully Dave will join you. Always find a space for him.(y)
Drop me a pm nearer the date re tee time. You know how your memory is not so good as you get older.:eek:

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Good to have you playing Stu, and hopefully Dave will join you. Always find a space for him.(y)
Drop me a pm nearer the date re tee time. You know how your memory is not so good as you get older.:eek:
Will do Rich, he's not got back to me, so it looks like a no no - just edited my post, had Hankley down on Thursday, not Camberley!!, as my BnB is close, can;t wait till then.. cheers (y)

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
1. Blue in Munich
2. Paperboy
3. SteveW86
4. Jobr1850
5. JamesR
6. Imurg
7. PhilThe Fragger
8. Pieman
9. SaintHacker