Rick Garg

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
Saddened to hear of the news. A lovely man with a great nature, he will be sorely missed.
Sending love and strength to Karen and Jodie. Rick did great things for H4H and a golf meet with him being there you always knew was going to be fun and it most certainly was.
Im pretty stunned and it's taken me nearly 3 days to be able to compose a message of any structure.
Gone but never forgotten.
Love always buddy x

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I was too shocked to say anything worth saying when I first opened this thread but have since had time to read so many moving posts and also reflect on the various occasions that I met Rick.

Without fail he met you with his big welcoming grin that instantly put you at ease and even if it was only your first or second time of meeting you felt you'd known him for years.
I think that the first and last times I met him paint a good picture of his character.

The first was in the Golf Magic vs Golf Monthly match at Forest Pines, yes I was on the dark side back then. I had the pleasure of playing against Rick on day 1. The match was played in great competitive spirit but at the same time with great camaraderie. I had two putts for the match on the 18th green from about 15 feet but got too aggressive with the first and so three stabbed for the half, Rick took delight in reminding me of this, not in a nasty way but a way that brought a smile to my face. Rick's personality was one of the major reasons I left Golf Magic and joined Golf Monthly.

The last time was at the recent Seniors Open at Sherwood Forest. I was playing in a different group but on the green near the clubhouse I saw Rick and 2blue behind the green waiting for me to hole out. Rick, with his usual big smile, was genuinely interested not just in how I was playing but in how I was.

He always put a positive spin on things and cheered up any meet he was at.
Even though the times I met him were few and fleeting in the grand scheme of things, I feel that I've lost a very good friend who has left a lasting impression and many good memories that will stay with me.

The loss to Karen and Jodie must be unimaginable and my sincere condolences go out to you both.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
OMG Just seen this. Shocking and Terrible news.Met Rick a few times and always a top bloke. Great forum stalwart and great work for H4H. RIP mate.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah crap, what horrendous news, added to similar news I was given at lunchtime about someone else I have worked with

But this has really shocked me

What a lovely guy,who was so friendly, welcoming, inclusive and great fun

I remember playing with him at Woburn when he went up the left on the split fairway par 5 and then hit his second onto the green - he was sooooooo happy. As he was on the various other various events and days we played.

Wonderful guy. Terrible loss
RIP
Very deepest sympathies to the family

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Looking back on my photo's & videos I've had the pleasure of playing with Rick on no less than 12 occasions, 6 of them at his beloved Centurion Club of which he was so proud of being a member of.

We shared quite a few courses together that at least 1 of us had not played before; like a trip to Wallasey where he filmed me hacking out from behind a grass bank and I fell backwards down the hill after my follow through, The Hotchkin with GB72 and his brother, my first meet at Cooden in 2013 in terrible weather but I've been back ever since, The PGA where we were both fitted out along with Fundy with new SLDR drivers with James Somerside and Taylormade, and then only a few weeks ago in my Invitation Day here at Coventry where he was my guest for the day, then add into that all the meets whether there was just a couple of fourballs or on masse like the Help for Heroes Days, King of Kings etc and Rick was never far away, especially if we were at these meets the night before and there was a drink and a curry to be had.

It was Rick who told me about the GM Forum through our chats on HDID when I first started this crazy game in the summer of 2011 and he was instrumental and encouraged me to attend my first ever meet at the H4H Day at Blackmoor in 2012 even though I was very apprehensive being such a new learner of the game and had only been on the forum a couple of months, but he assured me I wouldn't come last, and I didn't!

For me personally Rick was inspirational, not only as a golfer who lived the dream playing golf around the country at every opportunity in a great spirit, but he was without doubt, to me, inspirational as a person.

As a fostered/adopted only child he was the brother I'd have always wanted, whether he would have wanted me would be another story :rofl: but, I feel I have lost much more than someone just off the forum who I shared some golf courses with, if the forum is indeed a family, then we've just lost our father.

Thanks for the memories buddy....

WE.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10-B6D6E291-13333446-960.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

1382205248406.jpg

Belfry Fitting.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

Centurion 2.jpg

GM-HFH-133-low-res.jpg

H1.jpg

H2.jpg

H4.jpg

H5.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Invitation Day Coventry.jpg

mentmore.jpg

Paul & Rick.jpg

Rick1.jpg

Rick2.jpg

Rick3.jpg

Rick4.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

TM1.jpg

TM2.jpg

TM3.jpg

1.jpg

[video=youtube_share;GIC5OIusiso]https://youtu.be/GIC5OIusiso[/video]

7.jpg

.Can't get rid of these attached thumbnails below?

Attachments

• PGA Belfry.jpg
    PGA Belfry.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 105
  • PGA Fitting.jpg
    PGA Fitting.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Sandy.jpg
    Sandy.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
I have just had a text off Cookelad telling me of the very sad news.

I only met Rick the once at Woodhall Spa, but I instantly knew who Cookie was talking about. A very friendly bloke who was full of joy and seemed to lift the whole group into a smile.

My thoughts go out to his family at this very sad time.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking back on my photo's & videos I've had the pleasure of playing with Rick on no less than 12 occasions, 6 of them at his beloved Centurion Club of which he was so proud of being a member of.

We shared quite a few courses together that at least 1 of us had not played before; like a trip to Wallasey where he filmed me hacking out from behind a grass bank and I fell backwards down the hill after my follow through, The Hotchkin with GB72 and his brother, my first meet at Cooden in 2013 in terrible weather but I've been back ever since, The PGA where we were both fitted out along with Fundy with new SLDR drivers with James Somerside and Taylormade, and then only a few weeks ago in my Invitation Day here at Coventry where he was my guest for the day, then add into that all the meets whether there was just a couple of fourballs or on masse like the Help for Heroes Days, King of Kings etc and Rick was never far away, especially if we were at these meets the night before and there was a drink and a curry to be had.

It was Rick who told me about the GM Forum through our chats on HDID when I first started this crazy game in the summer of 2011 and he was instrumental and encouraged me to attend my first ever meet at the H4H Day at Blackmoor in 2012 even though I was very apprehensive being such a new learner of the game and had only been on the forum a couple of months, but he assured me I wouldn't come last, and I didn't!

For me personally Rick was inspirational, not only as a golfer who lived the dream playing golf around the country at every opportunity in a great spirit, but he was without doubt, to me, inspirational as a person.

As a fostered/adopted only child he was the brother I'd have always wanted, whether he would have wanted me would be another story :rofl: but, I feel I have lost much more than someone just off the forum who I shared some golf courses with, if the forum is indeed a family, then we've just lost our father.

View attachment 20545

View attachment 20547

View attachment 20548

View attachment 20549

View attachment 20551

View attachment 20552

View attachment 20553

View attachment 20554

View attachment 20555

View attachment 20556

View attachment 20557

View attachment 20558

View attachment 20559

View attachment 20560

View attachment 20561

View attachment 20562

View attachment 20563

View attachment 20564

View attachment 20565

View attachment 20566

View attachment 20567

View attachment 20568

View attachment 20569

View attachment 20570

View attachment 20571

View attachment 20572

View attachment 20573

View attachment 20576

View attachment 20577

View attachment 20578

View attachment 20579

View attachment 20570

View attachment 20581

View attachment 20582

View attachment 20583

View attachment 20546

View attachment 20550

Great memories mate.

Love the way he played the game always with a broad grin.

Gone yes forgotten never.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I spent most of last night remembering the great times I had with Rick.

Without doubt, my favourite was our 2 days at Gainsborough for the Ping play your best competition. Spending all day watching the "Miracle at Medinah" with a great bunch of forumers whilst drinking the bar dry, heading back to our B&B at about 3am knowing that we were teeing off from 8am. We managed to play the round the next morning, and when I got back to the Clubhouse he was waiting for us and asked how I'd played. "I would have won if I hadn't taken a bloody 7 on the Par 3 17th I replied". He just looked at me for a second, gave me a big hug and said "I took an 8 on that hole" and we both burst out laughing.

He had the great talent of making any situation seem more positive. I don't remember ever seeing him without a smile on his face. I'll never forget that smile and laugh.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I spent most of last night remembering the great times I had with Rick.

Without doubt, my favourite was our 2 days at Gainsborough for the Ping play your best competition. Spending all day watching the "Miracle at Medinah" with a great bunch of forumers whilst drinking the bar dry, heading back to our B&B at about 3am knowing that we were teeing off from 8am. We managed to play the round the next morning, and when I got back to the Clubhouse he was waiting for us and asked how I'd played. "I would have won if I hadn't taken a bloody 7 on the Par 3 17th I replied". He just looked at me for a second, gave me a big hug and said "I took an 8 on that hole" and we both burst out laughing.

He had the great talent of making any situation seem more positive. I don't remember ever seeing him without a smile on his face. I'll never forget that smile and laugh.

I vividly remember your "bouncing Bomb " shots on that hole and Ricks reaction at the end. What a day, what memories, what a man, what a loss .

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

View attachment 20545

View attachment 20547

View attachment 20548

View attachment 20549

View attachment 20551

View attachment 20552

View attachment 20553

View attachment 20554

View attachment 20555

View attachment 20556

View attachment 20557

View attachment 20558

View attachment 20559

View attachment 20560

View attachment 20561

View attachment 20562

View attachment 20563

View attachment 20564

View attachment 20565

View attachment 20566

View attachment 20567

View attachment 20568

View attachment 20569

View attachment 20570

View attachment 20571

View attachment 20572

View attachment 20573

View attachment 20576

View attachment 20577

View attachment 20578

View attachment 20579

View attachment 20570

View attachment 20581

View attachment 20582

View attachment 20583

View attachment 20546

View attachment 20550

Lovely words, Robin, I'm sure he would have been proud to call you a mate.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Life can be so very, very cruel sometimes - my condolences and prayers go to Rick's family and to those many on here who knew and valued Rick as a good and dear friend. You will it is clear keep his memory alive in meets and conversations, and though the sadness will pain sorely at the moment I am sure you will eventually be able to smile and laugh at your fond recollections. RIP Rick, God Bless,

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been totally unable to find an appropriate ruling for this situation in the Rules of Golf - It's not fair, it's not just and there is no concept of equity in this.
The last week has been a maelstrom of emotion for me; and I've only had, but really appreciated, a light touch relationship with Rick over the last 8 years.
My thoughts are with his close family and associates now and in the future.

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
2 pics i found with Rick on, 1 being the day we visited the tin hut to see the guys who Help4Heroes depend on... the other was the curry night... that was fun... Rick will be missed, but remembered...
Help4Heroes 200.jpgHelp4Heroes 083.jpg

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Extremely sad news. Didn't know him but it is clear from his posts and H4H work that he was a very popular and well respected man. Condolences to his family.