Rick Garg

D

Deleted Member 1156

I know we have bust ups on this forum but reading all these comments really does bring home to me what a tight knit community we are, long may it continue :thup:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never met the bloke and my only interaction with him was him ribbing my complete inability to hit a long iron (from looking at my Game golf profile):rofl:

A bloody shame to die so young is all i can say. Seemed a decent bloke from reading his posts

I must also say Fish, that the last photo of the lone trolley looks very poignant indeed.

RIP

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know we have bust ups on this forum but reading all these comments really does bring home to me what a tight knit community we are, long may it continue :thup:
Indeed like a family ,
snap , bite, argue ,laugh, slag , encourage , celebrate together , but there for each other when thing go wrong

ok most of the stuff is just cyber emotion , but this is real , Family never forget their own , nor will we forget Rick ,

Commiserations to his close friends on here & once again to his family ..

R.I.P

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
RIP Rick. I remember that night in 2009 on HDID when I talked you into attending the Formby Hall trip. Met a few more times since and always a pleasure. Condolences to Karen and Jodie x

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have just noticed this thread and although I never met Rick I was certainly aware of his presence on here.

Very sad news and my condolences to his family and his friends on the forum.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I never met Rick as our paths didn't actually cross on course but had been conversing with him on golf forums for a long time. I often used to DM him to get his advice on gear as like him i tended to change all the time and he was never slow in replying about what he was looking at and what to recommend to a hacker like me. He was also an advocate of the TR47s for which i knew he got a lot of stick for !!! Incredibly sad new news to hear of his departure but he undoubtedly left his mark on the world and with many of us on here and beyond. RIP Rick Garg.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some absolutely stellar tributes on here Gents a testament to the positive effect he had on so many.

Rick hasn't been far from my thoughts since I heard the news late last week...Keep getting reminded of his infectious smile and laugh. Just an all around top bloke.

Just as a side note - can someone PM me if they've heard from Richart? I just want to make sure he's doing OK..I've messaged him, but I presume he's taking some time away from the forum, which is understandable...

I lost his home phone number and I'd call his mobile, but as we all know, no amount of friendship with Rick "I own every gadget" Garg would persuade him to join us in the 21st century!

Thanks!

V

vkurup

Condolences to the family... He will be remembered on this forum and in prayers..

D

Deleted member 15344

Had our swindle away day today and we played at Aldwickbury Park

Checked out the winners boards and found this name

image.jpg

The past two weeks has shown me a lot of faith in regards the forum community and how we all come together

It shows what sort of amazing person Rick was when you read everything that is said about him

I remember I was pretty nervous before my first meet at the Berkshire a couple years back so I was going to pull out but I spoke to Rick and he told me that everyone that was going was a down to earth person who would make me feel welcome and there was none more so than Rick himself

After the Berkshire Rick invited me to play at his place and it was a joy to play with someone so caring about his golf course and yet so competitive but within the right spirit. Whilst playing that round we found out how much we had in common - mainly RAF and Hockey and we both knew the same people. Over the next couple of years I was lucky to play with Rick a number of times and also shared some good times he night before. The trip to Liverpool was a great time - the hotel with Rick trying to squeeze onto the tiniest zip bed then the next day playing Royal Liverpool. It was only two weeks ago that we had our latest trip to Woodhall Spa - and again it was exactly how I would expect - great company , great competition and banter , curry and beers. We were already looking to plan the next little trip

The world is a poorer place without Rick - right now I expect he is having a competitive game behind those gates and making someone putt out for a win

Rick will always be missed and I'm very glad that I have so many happy memories to remember him by

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
really sad loss and my thoughts are with his family and friends. it is Good to read on here all the good memories you had of Rick and he sounds a superb guy.

I may be speaking out of turn and sorry if this cant be done but would the mag not be able to say a few lines or maybe an article highlighting all his done for the golfing world, charity events and also what he has contributed towards the forum?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had our swindle away day today and we played at Aldwickbury Park

Checked out the winners boards and found this name

View attachment 20597

The past two weeks has shown me a lot of faith in regards the forum community and how we all come together

It shows what sort of amazing person Rick was when you read everything that is said about him

I remember I was pretty nervous before my first meet at the Berkshire a couple years back so I was going to pull out but I spoke to Rick and he told me that everyone that was going was a down to earth person who would make me feel welcome and there was none more so than Rick himself

After the Berkshire Rick invited me to play at his place and it was a joy to play with someone so caring about his golf course and yet so competitive but within the right spirit. Whilst playing that round we found out how much we had in common - mainly RAF and Hockey and we both knew the same people. Over the next couple of years I was lucky to play with Rick a number of times and also shared some good times he night before. The trip to Liverpool was a great time - the hotel with Rick trying to squeeze onto the tiniest zip bed then the next day playing Royal Liverpool. It was only two weeks ago that we had our latest trip to Woodhall Spa - and again it was exactly how I would expect - great company , great competition and banter , curry and beers. We were already looking to plan the next little trip

The world is a poorer place without Rick - right now I expect he is having a competitive game behind those gates and making someone putt out for a win

Rick will always be missed and I'm very glad that I have so many happy memories to remember him by

Aye, probably making them putt out from less than a foot, the git! :D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm sure like most on here, I wont be at the funeral.

However, would like to know when it is, and will be thinking of Rick in prayers and thoughts at the time.

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have only just read this awful news

Had the pleasure of spending time in Rick's company on a couple of occasions, a nicer, more genuine gentleman you could not wish to meet

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends

RIP Rick

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Karen has posted Rick's funeral details

"Please find below the funeral arrangements for Rick Garg

Date: 5th September 2016
Time: 14.40 in the North Chapel
Service (Celebration of Life): West Herts Crematorium, High Elms Lane, Watford WD25 0JS

And afterwards at:

Centurion Club
Hemel Hempstead Rd,
Hemel Hempstead,
St Albans,
Hertfordshire
HP3 8LA

If you wish to send flowers, please send direct by 10am to:

The co-operative funeralcare
251 Lower High Street
Watford
Herts
WD17 2HN
Tel: 01923 223995 (Alison)

Or alternatively if you prefer to make a donation on the day to Harefield Hospital / Air Ambulance Service, there will be donation boxes after the service.

We would like to get a rough idea of numbers, if you are going to attend, please email karengarg@aol.co.uk, thank you."

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Absolutely gutted I wont be able to pay my respects due to the fact I will be on holiday as I have already mentioned to a fellow forummer I was going to go thinking it would be earlier.

I will pay my respects at the time stated wherever I am.

Give the guy a great send off as I'm sure you will my thoughts will be with you at such a sad time.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Absolutely gutted I wont be able to pay my respects due to the fact I will be on holiday as I have already mentioned to a fellow forummer I was going to go thinking it would be earlier.

I will pay my respects at the time stated wherever I am.

Give the guy a great send off as I'm sure you will my thoughts will be with you at such a sad time.

Like Tony, I won't be able to make it and am absolutely gutted. I'll pay my respects on the day and raise a glass to him on the 5th.