Rick Garg

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
It is with much sadness to report that Rick Garg, (RickG) passed away today following a heart attack at Centurion Golf Club on August 7th.
News of his illness was kept off the forum at the request of his wife

Rick was a Forum Stalwart, a great friend a very good golfer and a nicer bloke you could not wish to meet. His work with Richart has raised thousands of pounds for Help 4 Heroes.

This is a very sad day indeed, he will be sorely missed and our thoughts are with his family at this time

Karen has asked that this message be posted

" It is with immense sadness that I write to inform you that Rick Garg, my wonderful husband and Jodie’s very special Daddy passed away today following a heart attack whilst playing golf at the Centurion on Sunday 7th August. Despite exemplary care from the wonderful NHS staff at Harefield Hospital there was nothing more that could be done.

Funeral arrangements will be announced soon."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

Absolutely gutted, very very sad news and I'm stuck for words.

RIP mate x

D

Deleted member 15344

The golf courses will be missing one of the kindest nicest man you will ever meet - very sad news - RIP Rick , thoughts with the family , you will not be forgotten

D

Deleted member 16999

Very, very sad news, without a doubt one the best guys I've met through the forum, always a laugh and had some great stories,
RIP Rick, thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

HDID Kenny

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Very sad news, still struggling to come to terms with it, golfed with Rick often over the years, always found him to be a true gentleman and full of laughter. My thoughts go out to Ricks Wife & Daughter.

Rest in Peace Rick :fore:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am in absolute shock. Rick was a true gent, great company on the course and off. A nicer bloke you could never wish to meet.

A truely sad loss.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A real character & great guy who had time for everyone & anyone.... a true gent who went, living life to the full...... RIP Rick ... thoughts & condolences to his family :(

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't know him personally, but believe your spirit lives on in the memory of others.

From the looks of it his spirit will be around for a while.

Rest in peace Rick.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Utterly tragic news, one of the nicest guys you could ever want to play golf with, have a meal or beer with. Thoughts are with his wife and daughter. RIP Rick

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Says everything when I only met him a couple of times but he was one of the nicest blokes you could meet had the pleasure of playing at centurion with him and only spoke to him a few weeks ago, such a shock RIP Rick,