Rick Garg

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Devastating news. You'll not meet a nicer guy than Rick and his amazing work with Richard on H4H really typifies what kind of gentleman he was. Generous and welcoming, absolutely nuts about golf and rarely without a smile on his face- but it's his humour and story-telling prowess that might just be remembered and missed the most.

God bless, Rick and my thoughts are with his family and everyone who knew him today.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I didn't know Rick personally but from reading his many posts on this forum he came across as a really nice guy. My condolences to his family.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Awful news.

Had the pleasure of his company only once on the course when he visited lee park. A gentleman he was indeed and great golfer.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Echo what everyone has said really, really sad loss. Had the pleasure (and it was a pleasure) of a round with him on the Trump trip, genuinely nice and friendly guy.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
OMG, can't believe this news. The man was a legend here, thoughts and prayers with his family.

A huge loss to everyone that knew him.

RIP Rick

DCB

Visit site
Played with Rick at Hillside on a GM meet in 2013. A true gentleman both on and off the course. Condolences to his family. RIP Rick.

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely deviated by the news. He was a great guy who put his heart and soul in to his golf and his work for HFH.

Over the years I had got to know him more through forum meets, always welcoming and easy to get on with.

A great memory, as Mike said, was the Miracle at Medinah at PYB at Gainsborough. We were the last ones to leave the bar and walk back to our hotel and had a great laugh all through the night.

RIP Champ, you will be sorely missed.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really upset by hearing about Rick this morning.

He was kind enough to take me up to the Centurion a few times, and I've never known somebody so proud and passionate of their club. Also went to an England game with him and got to see him away from golf, still as bubbly and excitable as always grabbing Ian Dowie for a selfie!

Seemed to give his life to help others, first in the military and then raising money for it when he'd come out. Just properly gutted.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
I can only echo what everyone else has said. Top guy, golfer and friend. Can't say much more then that.

I remember one of the first times I meet him at a HDID forum meet in Cheshire. He'd left his waterproofs in his car at Milton Keynes. He talked the pro into lending him a pair of GG's for the first round.

He went to play a shot from a ditch, planted one leg in the ditch up to his knee. He then had to buy them after the round.

Just one of my treasured memories of Rick Garg :swing:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Utterly devastated to hear this news. To me Rick was the epitome of a passionate golfer and a wonderful guy to be around. Quite simply Rick was one of the greatest forumers ever to post here. I remember our night with a bunch of forumers watching the miracle at Medinah at Gainsborough, the Benross Be Our Tour Pro final and of course the H4H days. From everyone at GM our heartfelt condolences to Rick's family and friends.
Rick Garg. GM Forum Legend. RIP
Beautiful Mike , well said