Proud dad alert

Yorkhacker

Visit site
GCSE results today, and couldn't be prouder of my son. He's had a few struggles in his life with his health - some hearing loss so he has to wear hearing aids. Juvenile Arthritis has caused him quite a few problems and just before his exams started he was diagnosed with uveitis which is a severe eye inflammation which caused blurry vision and pain and got so severe that he had to have an injection in his eye and eye drops every hour or so.
He's been at a very good comprehensive and worked his heart out, so was expected to do well.
Just got back and he's got grade 9s in all 11 of his exams. Very pleased for him even though its going to cost me £550 as I promised him £50 for each 9!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
GCSE results today, and couldn't be prouder of my son. He's had a few struggles in his life with his health - some hearing loss so he has to wear hearing aids. Juvenile Arthritis has caused him quite a few problems and just before his exams started he was diagnosed with uveitis which is a severe eye inflammation which caused blurry vision and pain and got so severe that he had to have an injection in his eye and eye drops every hour or so.
He's been at a very good comprehensive and worked his heart out, so was expected to do well.
Just got back and he's got grade 9s in all 11 of his exams. Very pleased for him even though its going to cost me £550 as I promised him £50 for each 9!

A small price to pay, well done to your boy.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Good work, well done! I was offered a very similar deal by my parents for my GCSE's.....they didn't pay out nearly as much!! :oops:

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Brilliant. Love seeing things like this. I don't use Facebook that much these days but seeing proud parents posting about their children always brings a smile to my face.

My son did his last year and did very well considering the circumstances. From last year to this, going to college and getting a part time job he's come along so much. I hope your son continues to grow and find confidence in his amazing results and difficult circumstances that he's overcoming.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Brilliant. Love seeing things like this. I don't use Facebook that much these days but seeing proud parents posting about their children always brings a smile to my face.

My son did his last year and did very well considering the circumstances. From last year to this, going to college and getting a part time job he's come along so much. I hope your son continues to grow and find confidence in his amazing results and difficult circumstances that he's overcoming.
Thanks for your very kind words. He is very resilient considering and incredibly stubborn, which has really helped him. He never gives up and is not afraid to get things wrong.
My hope for the next couple of years is that he grows as a person. He has only just turned 16 in the last month, and has a bit of growing up to do, in that he does very little for himself at home and has absolutely no sense of direction! I want him to be ready to move out in 2 years, as he's threatening to go to uni in York and live at home!

RRidges

Visit site
(y)(y)(y)(y)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Had my own proud dad moment today. My daughter had her first uni interview a few days ago and has just received her first offer.

She’s worked so hard up until now, and has been worried about the application process. There’s still a way to go, but a huge pressure valve has just been released.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Had my own proud dad moment today. My daughter had her first uni interview a few days ago and has just received her first offer.

She’s worked so hard up until now, and has been worried about the application process. There’s still a way to go, but a huge pressure valve has just been released.

Fantastic Christmas present for her, and you. One of your hardest days will be when you drop her off for her first term, assuming she’ll be in residences. We had 5 go to uni, 4 of which saw them leave home.