Return to Golf in Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The point made was that Sturgeon is making the most of how this situation is making her some sort of queen of an independent Scotland.

I like her, and if I lived in Scotland I daresay I would vote for her. Right now though, it does appear from the outside (the beautiful South) that she is almost enjoying what she has got out of this situation.
Whenever I have seen the First Minister speak she seems to be hating every minute of this epidemic and tries her upmost to play down any division between Scotland and the rest of the UK.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You clearly don't remember her point scoring when she tried to point out that Scotland was doing better than the rest of the UK in terms of number of tests being carried out a couple of weeks ago.

My wife works for NHS Scotland, currently doing her role from home.
She and her colleagues were asked if they would help with testing. Said yes, two weeks later told she was not needed!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Nicola like her predecessor is an extremely articulate and intelligent politician who would wipe the floor with the rest of the party leaders in a head to head debate.

Care home deaths are not caused by Nicola Sturgeon they're caused by poor infection control by individuals. Whether that be staff, management or deliveries. Tragically the most vulnerable and those susceptible to this disease reside in these homes.

Sadly some see this as some sort of political point scoring exercise!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You clearly don't remember her point scoring when she tried to point out that Scotland was doing better than the rest of the UK in terms of number of tests being carried out a couple of weeks ago.

She and her colleagues were asked if they would help with testing. Said yes, two weeks later told she was not needed!

See you're successfully taking another thread iff track.

Have your team produced any evidence yet?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I can only go on the things that I have seen her on which have been a reasonable number and she has persistently in spite of many highly loaded questions by the press refused to go down routes of being divisive between Scotland and England.
I think it is fairly common on both sides of the border in a fluid situation to be a bit uncertain of how staff are being deployed.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I can only go on the things that I have seen her on which have been a reasonable number and she has persistently in spite of many highly loaded questions by the press refused to go down routes of being divisive between Scotland and England.
I think it is fairly common on both sides of the border in a fluid situation to be a bit uncertain of how staff are being deployed.

I'd also suggest Nicola herself didn't ask his wife to do testing but rather NHS have made a pigs ear. Its easier to post the blame at someone else's door though when it doesn't suit your agenda.

?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd also suggest Nicola herself didn't ask his wife to do testing but rather NHS have made a pigs ear. Its easier to post the blame at someone else's door though when it doesn't suit your agenda.

?

Is the person in charge of the country not ultimately responsible for all successes or failures?

D

Deleted member 18588

Nicola like her predecessor is an extremely articulate and intelligent politician who would wipe the floor with the rest of the party leaders in a head to head debate.

Care home deaths are not caused by Nicola Sturgeon they're caused by poor infection control by individuals. Whether that be staff, management or deliveries. Tragically the most vulnerable and those susceptible to this disease reside in these homes.

Sadly some see this as some sort of political point scoring exercise!
And yet on other threads where the crisis in care homes throughout the UK is discussed many are quite happy to place the blame upon the UK Government.

PaulS

Visit site
So when will golf return to Scotland ?

I expect a lot of clubs will struggle if they stay closed too long with how many that are potentially held up by foreign ( many US ) visitors

Apologies for asking a question that’s relevant to the OP

Mick68

Visit site
I live in Scotland and can't stand her or her corrupt party.
I think she's one if the most honest, straight forward and intelligent politicians in the UK. Certainly miles better than any we've got in WM but we better not carry this discussion on any further as it is a golf forum. Leave politics for twitter - which I try to avoid for that very reason.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
And yet on other threads where the crisis in care homes throughout the UK is discussed many are quite happy to place the blame upon the UK Government.

Who has done that?

I'm talking to an individual who wants to apportion blame.

I can't help what others post.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Actually yes, I work in education. Not making a decent job of that are they?

So when you apply for another job in a different area/department/school is it Nicola or Boris who sanctions the decision or is it decided at a much lower level in local government and in reality they have nothing to do with it?

And back to the golf question. I still have no idea when I'll get to hit a ball. It'll be when its deemed safe to do so i guess.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Whenever I have seen the First Minister speak she seems to be hating every minute of this epidemic and tries her upmost to play down any division between Scotland and the rest of the UK.
I can't say that I've found that myself, but I would admit that I am only seeing her in fleeting moments on what is possibly slightly biased media. But there is still now talk of stopping people at the border, and that does seem to me a little bit like a grab at mini-indepence.

This thread has turned very political, but then the question of when golf will open up is understandably in the hands of governments.

Mick68

Visit site
I can't say that I've found that myself, but I would admit that I am only seeing her in fleeting moments on what is possibly slightly biased media. But there is still now talk of stopping people at the border, and that does seem to me a little bit like a grab at mini-indepence.

This thread has turned very political, but then the question of when golf will open up is understandably in the hands of governments.
I'm a supporter of Nicola Sturgeon but if England opens up their courses and we don't I might have to reconsider.
Only joking btw before someone tells me my priorities are all wrong and I'm a selfish, entitled golfer.

D

Deleted member 18588

Who has done that?

I'm talking to an individual who wants to apportion blame.

I can't help what others post.
I was not suggesting you had.

Merely pointing out the different attitudes displayed on the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.