Return to Golf in Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, according to Nicola, it looks like it will be a few more weeks before we get back out on the course North of the border. ?

Tommy10

Visit site
She's within her rights to change restrictions as and when the data supports that. Could be that we see some restrictions eased by the end of next week. They are just playing safe for now though and buying themselves another 3 weeks as things stand.

Would appear we are 5 or 6 days behind England as far as the reductions in virus stats go, may well be we end up a week behind when restrictions start to be lifted.

It'll be interesting to see what Johnson announces on Sunday night.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Golf in Scotland will return when it's good and ready to return. Safety has to come first, it's paramount to the country moving forward.

At the end of the day Nicola Sturgeon has (for me) handled this C19 situation very well and if we need to wait and see our "curve" drop from the current plateau then so be it. Over 30k tragic deaths suggest an extra two/three weeks in "lockdown" isn't the worst situation ever.

Keep faith.

seve101

Visit site
Golf in Scotland will return when it's good and ready to return. Safety has to come first, it's paramount to the country moving forward.

At the end of the day Nicola Sturgeon has (for me) handled this C19 situation very well and if we need to wait and see our "curve" drop from the current plateau then so be it. Over 30k tragic deaths suggest an extra two/three weeks in "lockdown" isn't the worst situation ever.

Keep faith.
yes but its not 30k deaths in scotland, it's around 1800 out of a population of 5.5 million, and nearly half of those deaths where in care homes.
and nichola surgeon is arguably to blame for the high number of deaths in these care homes, mainly due to lack of testing
it was well known that the virus effected older people, yet she choose to ignore

peld

Visit site
Peoples jobs and the economy is also paramount to the moving the country forward too. Most deaths are now care homes which only impacts a minority.
Sturgeon has failed to control this probably through testing and poor enforcement of rules.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. All the politicians are in a tough spot right now. There isn't really a right answer to this as there are trade offs everywhere.

I don't see a demarcation along devolved assembly lines here, it's more urban/rural. What is right in Glasgow/London isn't right for Shetland/Cumbria.

I am no fan of Sturgeon, but she or anyone is in a tough place right now, and be glad it isn't you sat in the firing line.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. All the politicians are in a tough spot right now. There isn't really a right answer to this as there are trade offs everywhere.

I don't see a demarcation along devolved assembly lines here, it's more urban/rural. What is right in Glasgow/London isn't right for Shetland/Cumbria.

I am no fan of Sturgeon, but she or anyone is in a tough place right now, and be glad it isn't you sat in the firing line.

She'll be loving the attention, no doubt about it.
Stories (yes they may be stories) in newspapers today about the police turning cars around at the "border" if Boris lightens the lockdown.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I think it's reasonable to say that Scotland is a week or two behind England (London and the South in particular) so stands to reason it might take a bit longer for the infection rate to slow. Although I admit I don't actually know if the rate is faster in Scotland or not.

There's also a dangerous game going on with London & Unionist Politicians trying to goad / harrass the Scot Gov into just accepting Westminster's timetable. It seems Sturgeon emphatically won round 1 yesterday as Westminster tried a bit of kite flying with the right wing press and realised yesterday afternoon that if Scotland adopted a different path, they would be lynched if their figures were worse (which they almost certainly would be).

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
She'll be loving the attention, no doubt about it.
Stories (yes they may be stories) in newspapers today about the police turning cars around at the "border" if Boris lightens the lockdown.
was a post last nigh on one of the toursim groups about a load og German Campervans and Caravans heading north to Scotland particular the highlands, when this happened at Easter, some were turned round

D

Deleted member 3432

was a post last nigh on one of the toursim groups about a load og German Campervans and Caravans heading north to Scotland particular the highlands, when this happened at Easter, some were turned round

Cumbria police have been turning loads of fcukwits around this week and sending them home. Plenty have been trying to have days out in the Lakes and quite a few heading across the border. Several have been trying to get to Glasgow to buy new cars.

As long as they are coming up the M6 they won't get as far as Scotland

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Cumbria police have been turning loads of fcukwits around this week and sending them home. Plenty have been trying to have days out in the Lakes and quite a few heading across the border. Several have been trying to get to Glasgow to buy new cars.

Is same happening for idiots heading Lake District from the North?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
The point made was that Sturgeon is making the most of how this situation is making her some sort of queen of an independent Scotland.

I like her, and if I lived in Scotland I daresay I would vote for her. Right now though, it does appear from the outside (the beautiful South) that she is almost enjoying what she has got out of this situation.

D

Deleted member 3432

Is same happening for idiots heading Lake District from the North?

Caught a few from the north east yesterday.

For a relatively small population we have a high rate of Covid 19 infections and Cumbria police are being very proactive in stopping and turning vehicles around.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
If its another 3 weeks then so be it I've zero interest in playing golf just now. Was never an SNP supporter in the past but am now Nicola Sturgeon in my eyes has been superb through out this whole crisis wheres as Boris is a hiding seek champion and the rest of his cabinet are just spin masters who don't give people clear facts.

Care homes why Sturgeon faults surely the owners of these place have a duty of care the the people who stay in them when there charging thousand of pounds a month for the privilege or am i missing something the quicker we get Indepence the better.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
But in the care homes they've not had access to appropriate testing.
Private companies yes but no experience of dealing with a situation like this and zero support has been provided.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
But in the care homes they've not had access to appropriate testing.
Private companies yes but no experience of dealing with a situation like this and zero support has been provided.

No one has any experience in dealing with this situation and no one has had appropriate access to testing , I've worked thru out this whole crisis and only last week we were told we could get a test if needed.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That may be true but if they could build a hospital with thousands of empty beds could the people in care homes not be thinned out and housed there for a kick off?
It just seems to me that the care homes were forgotten about when half the deaths were taking place there.

Status
Not open for further replies.