Return to Golf in Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Pathetic comment, Mental health isn't something to be flippant about nor used to deride someone or their opinions.

I have zero issue with what he posted. The fact that they still don't understand what post #93 means for golfers and golf clubs sums up why they're now on the bench with HJS. Life's too short.

Diamond

Visit site
I'd suggest 'dedicated to Scotland' would be a better description. As FM of Scotland, when something is proposed that is 'good for England, but not (so) good for Scotland' isn't she entitled to kick up a fuss?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but she does seem to be dour and negative every time she is on my TV, which is pretty much every day at the moment.
Between her and Laura Kuenssberg its like watching night of the living dead. I know I should stop watching the BBC...old habits...

Wolf

Visit site
I have zero issue with what he posted. The fact that they still don't understand what post #93 means for golfers and golf clubs sums up why they're now on the bench with HJS. Life's too short.
You may not Jacko and fair enough, but many people especially in this time are suffering with mental health issues and suicide is biggest killer in younger men. Imo not something someone on a forum should have been so flippant in throwing at another poster.. As to people not understanding post 93, I agree with you totally and another reason my clubs are remaining benched for the foreseeable depsite the comments yesterday.

As for Nicola Sturgeon, she isn't my cup of tea at all, but what I've seen of her during this pandemic is she has spoken well, clearly has her countries interest at heart and if she as FM believes lockdown needs to remain in Scotland depsite Boris speech then fair play to her.

seve101

Visit site
You may not Jacko and fair enough, but many people especially in this time are suffering with mental health issues and suicide is biggest killer in younger men. Imo not something someone on a forum should have been so flippant in throwing at another poster.. As to people not understanding post 93, I agree with you totally and another reason my clubs are remaining benched for the foreseeable depsite the comments yesterday.

As for Nicola Sturgeon, she isn't my cup of tea at all, but what I've seen of her during this pandemic is she has spoken well, clearly has her countries interest at heart and if she as FM believes lockdown needs to remain in Scotland depsite Boris speech then fair play to her.
lighten up
btw, was it you that was the grass ?

Wolf

Visit site
lighten up
btw, was it you that was the grass ?
No sorry I won't lighten up about a subject that is important to people's health.

And no I wasn't the grass, I don't feel the need to hide behind a report or ignore function I'd happily call you out on it as I have here or to your face. Your comments were derogatory towards people that have illness that severely impacts their lives. Rather than telling me to lighten up maybe you should grow up ??

Reactions: Val

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
No sorry I won't lighten up about a subject that is important to people's health.

And no I wasn't the grass, I don't feel the need to hide behind a report or ignore function I'd happily call you out on it as I have here or to your face. Your comments were derogatory towards people that have illness that severely impacts their lives. Rather than telling me to lighten up maybe you should grow up ??

Wolf don't waste your time entertaining him.

"Grass"

Shows the level. ?

Reactions: Val

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but she does seem to be dour and negative every time she is on my TV, which is pretty much every day at the moment.
Between her and Laura Kuenssberg its like watching night of the living dead. I know I should stop watching the BBC...old habits...

This is the same Nicola Sturgeon who was on Piers Morgan this morning and refused to be drawn or criticise other countries? Where she spoke so well that a critical care doctor in England contacted the show to say if you want to stay safe listen to Nicola and not BJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wonder how much golf tourism is worth to the Scottish Economy? Must be quite a decent chunk and it’s got to be killing some local areas where they rely on visitors

No different to any other tourist related areas in the UK eg seaside resorts, London, lake district, Snowdonia, Cotswolds, Peak District, theme parks, castles, farm parks etc etc etc.
Not all Scots tourists come for the golf you know.:unsure: St Andrews might be feeling the pinch but most of the damage will be to individual golf clubs finances

seve101

Visit site

f
??

I'm just here for the popcorn ?
see you can be light hearted when you try, it's not that difficult
maybe should have switched it on a bit earlier

seve101

Visit site
Nothing light hearted about mental health.
difference of opinion then, anyway need to go to work
got to keep the economy moving, none of this sitting on yer @rse doing sfa and getting 80% of your wages for me, dont work , dont get paid

Status
Not open for further replies.