Return to Golf in Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not very polite there!
And seems 'blinkered' by previous interactions! :rolleyes:
While not having seem anything like the number of Press Conferences as MM, I'd agree that headlines in papers too often don't relate to the 'main focus' of the PC, but to some opportunistic selection of words used out of context!

D

Deleted member 27823

Having watched the briefing every day I can only say that the only mixed message came from Fleet Street not Downing Street.

When I read online the headlines and some of the content I can only say that I really couldn't understand from where they had reached their conclusion.

But it makes no difference you will, no doubt, continue to direct the blame on Johnson for something he never said.

Much like the blame for the crisis in care homes being laid at the UK Government's door whereas, according to some, the same problem in Scotland is the fault of the staff and care home owners rather than Holyrood.

Seems pretty apparent they are looking to ease the lockdown. The media may well be overblowing it but they're only reporting what the government are briefing them. It's already led to a slackening of public commitment to the lockdown IMO. Let's see what the PM says tomorrow.

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
They speak for me, all of my extended family and most of my friends. Not sure why they're disgusting either - is it just because you disagree with them. The truly disgusting are sitting on the govt benches in WM. We're quite a divided wee country/region at the moment.

Oh I absolutely disagree with them Mick but I also loathe the way they are running this country into the ground even with their limited executive powers. The constant scandal, corruption and their embarrassingly aggressive, xenophobic and petty behaviour is fitting reflection of that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is a Scottish scientific advisor talking now on BBC and one of the comments he made is 'the virus doesn't like outside'. That is quite a key statement in the discussion re the return of golf.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why? He IS the UK prime minister.
He is, but the Scottish and Welsh governments have already said what what they will do. BJ will effectively decide what happens in England. This is only what I have read on on various sites etc so don't shoot the messenger.

seve101

Visit site
And the fact that there is legislation in place re Covid 19 guidelines - good luck with that they must just hasten their departure from the game for good.
be interesting to see how she would deal with it
i think see'd cave in, dont think she'd have the balls for a fight :)

seve101

Visit site
And the fact that there is legislation in place re Covid 19 guidelines - good luck with that they must just hasten their departure from the game for good.
departure from the game, get real, giving the money golf in scotland generates through overseas visitors etc,

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulS

Visit site
I wonder how much golf tourism is worth to the Scottish Economy? Must be quite a decent chunk and it’s got to be killing some local areas where they rely on visitors

seve101

Visit site
I wonder how much golf tourism is worth to the Scottish Economy? Must be quite a decent chunk and it’s got to be killing some local areas where they rely on visitors
it's a lot of ££££, and some people on here want to close all the golf clubs down that are gonna defy :mad::mad::mad::mad:

seve101

Visit site
If brains were dynamite your head wouldn't leave your shoulders.
do you suffer from mental health problems, maybe being exasperated by the current lockdown situation and a lack of golf ?
hasten there departure from the game :):):):):):), eye right

Status
Not open for further replies.