Return to Golf in Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 18588

What a strange thing to say. Do you think Scots don't pay taxes? There are also only 5.5m of us to support. Comments like that will only make independence more likely.
As an Englishman I hope so.

Reactions: C&R

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Because England/UK might have a guy in charge that I'm not a fan of, but to my knowledge he hasn't ever campaigned for independence. Scotland has someone in charge who has, and still does. That's her whole shtick. I mean, her party is called the Scottish National Party.

….and what about Wales and NI, you seem to have surprisingly ignored them. ;)

D

Deleted member 27823

Too soon to ease the lockdown, which hasn't been stringent enough anyway IMO. Very annoyed by the mixed messaging from westminster which is doing nothing other than encourage more people to relax their vigilance.

Glad NS seems much more realistic about it and definitely shows up BJ and co for the charlatans they are. Just a shame she didn't take action earlier, we might not be in such a bad situation.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
….and what about Wales and NI, you seem to have surprisingly ignored them. ;)
Because you suggested in a thread about Scotland, that perhaps England wanted independence. I'm pointing out that the current government have never suggested that they want this, whereas the majority party in Scotland clearly do.

D

Deleted member 18588

Too soon to ease the lockdown, which hasn't been stringent enough anyway IMO. Very annoyed by the mixed messaging from westminster which is doing nothing other than encourage more people to relax their vigilance.

Glad NS seems much more realistic about it and definitely shows up BJ and co for the charlatans they are. Just a shame she didn't take action earlier, we might not be in such a bad situation.
Having watched the briefing every day I can only say that the only mixed message came from Fleet Street not Downing Street.

When I read online the headlines and some of the content I can only say that I really couldn't understand from where they had reached their conclusion.

But it makes no difference you will, no doubt, continue to direct the blame on Johnson for something he never said.

Much like the blame for the crisis in care homes being laid at the UK Government's door whereas, according to some, the same problem in Scotland is the fault of the staff and care home owners rather than Holyrood.

PaulS

Visit site
Having watched the briefing every day I can only say that the only mixed message came from Fleet Street not Downing Street.

When I read online the headlines and some of the content I can only say that I really couldn't understand from where they had reached their conclusion.

But it makes no difference you will, no doubt, continue to direct the blame on Johnson for something he never said.

Much like the blame for the crisis in care homes being laid at the UK Government's door whereas, according to some, the same problem in Scotland is the fault of the staff and care home owners rather than Holyrood.

Johnson didn’t help himself when he stated in the commons that he was hoping to relax some guidelines on Monday - then half retracted that a couple of days later , those sort of mixed messages the press will leap on and that’s what created the headlines. The “freedom Monday” etc was because of what he stated.

D

Deleted member 18588

Johnson didn’t help himself when he stated in the commons that he was hoping to relax some guidelines on Monday - then half retracted that a couple of days later , those sort of mixed messages the press will leap on and that’s what created the headlines. The “freedom Monday” etc was because of what he stated.
But is that not what the devolved authorities in Wales and Scotland are doing.

All along Johnson said any relaxation would be gradual over a period of time.

In other words the "roadmap" that various people, including Starmer, have been requesting.

If Fleet Street then decide to put their own spin upon it is it the PM's fault?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

The same press that are demanding what the lockdown relaxation plan is, demanding he remains flexible to change and then jumping all over any change as a negative as well as telling him its too early to end lockdown but that if he doesnt end lockdown well have lots more problems and asking again when hes relaxing lockdown

If youre still hanging on every word of our press currently more fool you

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Getting back to the original question I hope it's soon. I walked the course today and it looks great. Suggestion is that when it opens it wil be for two balls at 10 minute intervals playing seperate halves of the course, so two two balls can go out simultaneously.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

What a stupid reply. Can you point me to any evidence that the crisis within care homes was caused by any individual in Holyrood? Which minister in their went round care homes spreading it???

Its quite clear that the C19 virus is from poor practice of individuals employed within.

Exactly the same as the care home crisis in any other part of the country. Let that bee out of your bonnet before you get stung on the bonce!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What a stupid reply. Can you point me to any evidence that the crisis within care homes was caused by any individual in Holyrood? Which minister in their went round care homes spreading it???

Its quite clear that the C19 virus is from poor practice of individuals employed within.

Exactly the same as the care home crisis in any other part of the country. Let that bee out of your bonnet before you get stung on the bonce!

Not very polite there!

D

Deleted member 18588

Whoosh!!!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
...she has persistently in spite of many highly loaded questions by the press refused to go down routes of being divisive between Scotland and England.
And that's the key 'issue' that any FM has to be aware of when speaking to the press. Any FM, particularly her, has to be aware that many of the questions asked by 'the press' are not about the particular issue, but about getting a quote that can be used as a headline for a divisive story!

Status
Not open for further replies.