Reducing carbon emissions

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
It's difficult to describe the above as anything but 'a load of male bovine manure'!
Strange that when I got home and tuned into Simon Reeve's Lake District program he was pointing out how the LD has been reduced to an artificial landscape by tree felling and over grazing.
Similar to the point I was raising. We need to let the grass grow.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strange that when I got home and tuned into Simon Reeve's Lake District program he was pointing out how the LD has been reduced to an artificial landscape by tree felling and over grazing.
Similar to the point I was raising. We need to let the grass grow.
Take that back to basics though and this whole island would be covered in trees, including your house and mine.

D

Deleted member 23270

Not sure you’re going to win the argument by being abusive.
There’s no doubt EV’s are a future, they may not be the future, but after 2030 everyone’s choice will be limited.

The biggest issue I see with EV’s is still infrastructure. I charged one the other day, it took 18 hrs on a (inefficient) 7 kw charger. If you’re driving one, make sure you have access to fast charging. You seem really evangelical around climate change. Have you really done everything you can before you preach? Still got an ice ✅ gone full vegan? Flying anywhere soon?
Don't hold your breath for a reply, he ignores every response that goes against his argument.

D

Deleted member 23270

Each race, 23 in total, is in a different country. Many of the flights will be long haul. Each one will have every team loading up their cars, gear, hospitality etc onto planes, flying to the next country. £1 says the top drivers and team excecs will take private planes for the journeys. You can argue about the fuel used by the cars in driving, qualifying testing etc but I suspect all of that is dwarfed by the flight emissions.

World sport generally is not great for flying but for weight of gear, distance etc F1 must be near the top of the tree.
True but the other side of the argument is we ban everything and lead miserable lives instead ?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There isn't much data on carbon costs of sports, perhaps there should be? A quick look whilst I'm eating my lunch suggests

F1 in 2019 estimated to have emitted 256,1551 tonnes of CO2. But that doesn't account for any track facilities, crowd attendance or crowd transportation.

The Russia 2018 World Cup was estimated to cost 2,160,000 tonnes of CO2. But that didn't account for the building of any stadiums.

The City of London generates approximately 99,000,000 tonnes of CO2 in one year.

Ban cities I guess.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't hold your breath for a reply, he ignores every response that goes against his argument.

Or counter argument which you ignore? Just because Google doesn't tell you what you want to hear ..

Also surely if we are going to ban high polluting events forum meets are up there.. people traveling miles to play golf and fill the world with hot air ..

Or we can each do our little bit and not be whining pathetic little people picking holes in others attempts whilst the world burns up ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
True but the other side of the argument is we ban everything and lead miserable lives instead ?
Oh, I get that. In this instance I was replying to a specific question rather than making a moral judgement. I think @BiMGuy asked it genuinely, he isn't a sarky poster although he could have pulled the wool over my eyes on this one :LOL:.

Very few sports have green credentials, it is just a matter of how bad really. No point in just existing but we do have to exist and look after things a bit better though.

D

Deleted member 15344

Or counter argument which you ignore? Just because Google doesn't tell you what you want to hear ..

Also surely if we are going to ban high polluting events forum meets are up there.. people traveling miles to play golf and fill the world with hot air ..

Or we can each do our little bit and not be whining pathetic little people picking holes in others attempts whilst the world burns up ?

Everyone will be doing their own little bit

But they will be doing without the need to point fingers at others , show everyone how great they are , insult others and be a hypocrite

A lot of people would love to have an electric car and be fully green but it’s just not practical about

No one I know is doing “nothing” and people i know aren’t looking to do nothing because they don’t care about the planet or the future - things you have accused others off.

You don’t need to thrown all the eco stuff in everyone’s faces as if it’s a look at me and what are you doing about it - it doesn’t come across well at all

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everyone will be doing their own little bit

But they will be doing without the need to point fingers at others , show everyone how great they are , insult others and be a hypocrite

A lot of people would love to have an electric car and be fully green but it’s just not practical about

No one I know is doing “nothing” and people i know aren’t looking to do nothing because they don’t care about the planet or the future - things you have accused others off.

You don’t need to thrown all the eco stuff in everyone’s faces as if it’s a look at me and what are you doing about it - it doesn’t come across well at all

So let's look at the facts rather than the rubbish you like to post about it

I've reduced my carbon footprint by

Cutting down My boiler use for a more eco friendly heat pump.. from 100kw gas a day to 30kw

Reduced driving of the higher polluting car (that is still eco enough to get into the ultra low emission zone and will be road legal until it stops working)

Increased millage of the ev including car pooling with colleagues so they reduce their use of fossil fuels and use electric instead

Electric from green sources

Heat pump tumble over a normal tumble which uses far less electric

Cutting down on meat eating

Cutting down waste

Yet massive hypocrisy due to having air con (that's HVAC .. and very low pollution / energy use) and having a diesel that bearly does 3000 miles

Have a beautiful day Phillip.

D

Deleted member 15344

So let's look at the facts rather than the rubbish you like to post about it

I've reduced my carbon footprint by

Cutting down My boiler use for a more eco friendly heat pump.. from 100kw gas a day to 30kw

Reduced driving of the higher polluting car (that is still eco enough to get into the ultra low emission zone and will be road legal until it stops working)

Increased millage of the ev including car pooling with colleagues so they reduce their use of fossil fuels and use electric instead

Electric from green sources

Heat pump tumble over a normal tumble which uses far less electric

Cutting down on meat eating

Cutting down waste

Yet massive hypocrisy due to having air con (that's HVAC .. and very low pollution / energy use) and having a diesel that bearly does 3000 miles

Have a beautiful day Phillip.

That’s great you’re doing your bit for the environment- so am I and my company and my golf club etc but then I don’t need to show that off on the forum and then point fingers at others who you perceive and accuse of not caring about the planet.

We all want to make the place a nice planet to live on

D

Deleted member 3432

Maybe a few who have added nothing to this thread and just want an arguement all time

The likes of Phil, blue in Munich and DaveR could heed this advise?

Maybe just take all the bickering back to the football thread.

I understand there are no games this week but maybe spare the rest of us ?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: