Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, I got on the Gmail wagon early so I managed to register my name without any silly numbers after it. Like you said before, I have a second account (that I registered first actually) that I still use for websites and whatnot, so if the spam content ever gets too high I can just shut it down. 😁
Silly numbers are amazing. How else would people know how many pairs of pyjamas you own.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I have a gmail account which I use for testing my own server. The inbox is mainly filled with spam but I get a suprising number of messages to people who think my email address is theirs.

Long time ago, I had a .f9.co.uk address, which I think was taken over by BT. But my server still polls it every day, 24 years later! Just sent it a message from gmail and it still works!

My freeserve (fsnet.co.uk) died a long time ago I think.

Used to be a point on fidonet. As the internet came into being, I had an email address on that

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Log onto your hotmail via a web browser and have a good old clear out, get rid of junk / Spam and empty the deleted items folder

Then have a look at sent items and have a good prune

Then revisit the deleted items folder as all the stuff you delete will go there.

That should give you a chunk of space 👍
Cheers Phil, sorted, I managed to clear out files going back to 2017 o_O (y)(y)

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers Phil, sorted, I managed to clear out files going back to 2017 o_O (y)(y)

I've just had a look at mine. My sent folder has emails from 2016. I then checked the folder for emails from my mum and I've got email in there going back to my grandfather's funeral. In 2008. Then checked in the folder from my dad and have got an email about his change of address. In 2006. Might be time for a clear out.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The screaming and hooting and hollering on US talk shows. (canned screaming)
I know they tend to be a rowdy crowd but for goodness sake sit down and shut up.
Jimmy Kimmel, a prime example

oleinone

Visit site
Do not transit Charles de Gaulle ,Paris, on a golf trip if your bags aren't checked through. To get from one terminal to the other involves, a bus, a train and a very, very long schlep. Dragging along your golf bag and other luggage. The staff are singularly unhelpful and the signage is crap. Avoid like the plague.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
If you had watched any of the interviews Kate Garraway has done this week publicising the documentary, you will have seen/heard that she has not pleaded poverty and has said that she is, in fact, lucky that she was able to pay for the care herself. It is the press that is saying she will have to sell her 2nd home, not Kate herself.

But let's not let facts get in the way of internet outrage.
I've just seen the programme. Very moving and she obviously loved him very much. Irrespective of the financial arguments, and there are undoubtedly people worse off financially, but what you saw on that programme was the effects of a debilitating illness on not just the person, but also on the whole family. The care and love was obvious throughout the programme and so the loss for her was immense. That loss is felt throughout the UK for people who have to do this on their own, and the support is not there from the care system. What this programme has done has highlighted the issues that many people face. And for most, those issues are far worse financially.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll not get into a debate about this fear it will get carried away politically.
But there are two sides to this argument not just the one that the press are spoon fed by the DoT

That's the problem tho, everyone gets angry at the little guy and ignores the actual problem and where the anger should be directed.