Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a sore hip the last week or so, tried to get a doctors appointment, earliest is 19th April. Woke up this morning to find a rash on my shin. Went to work, one of my colleagues pointed out it looked like shingles.. as I work I a large Government building with lots of visitors I was advised to go and seek medical advice as its sort of contagious.got to the docs not a sole around, no one waiting.. I think I have shingles, reception disappeared off, comes back you have to go to the pharmacy!!

I think if you can get anti virals quickly the symptoms won't be as severe/last as long...

Springveldt

Visit site
Council tax bill for the new year. Yet another near the maximum rise, the same as it has been every year since I moved into this house. Bill has more than doubled since 2007.

Having to pay this out of money I've already been taxed on is pretty annoying.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Council tax bill for the new year. Yet another near the maximum rise, the same as it has been every year since I moved into this house. Bill has more than doubled since 2007.

I have lived in the same house for nearly 40 years. If my income had gone up by the same % as my council tax each year my income would be £250K a year by now .

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

we seem to have got maximum rise, and reduced services, we now have to pay for garden waste collection and even then they will only collect for 9 months of the year sigh

despite the last election promises being no increase and no reduction in services lol

Springveldt

Visit site
we seem to have got maximum rise, and reduced services, we now have to pay for garden waste collection and even then they will only collect for 9 months of the year sigh

despite the last election promises being no increase and no reduction in services lol
We’ve had to pay for garden waste for quite a few years now. You get an extra wheelie bin and about 12 collections a year I think. I’ve never used the service though.

Same with the tip. Got to pay for soil and brick disposal, last time I used it it cost me £12 a bucket.

And now my council tax is £3K a year.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
We’ve had to pay for garden waste for quite a few years now. You get an extra wheelie bin and about 12 collections a year I think. I’ve never used the service though.

Same with the tip. Got to pay for soil and brick disposal, last time I used it it cost me £12 a bucket.

And now my council tax is £3K a year.

Our Green bin subscription has gone up 20% this year to £84. Councils skint so trying to wring every penny out of us they can.

Springveldt

Visit site
Our Green bin subscription has gone up 20% this year to £84. Councils skint so trying to wring every penny out of us they can.
Just checked, ours is £52 so I guess good value? It’s also more regular than I remember, it’s fortnightly for 9 months from March through November.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours is fortnightly but it is for 12 months of the year. I always use it every time.
Ours is weekly, all year round apart from a 3 week period over Xmas and New year. It also takes the food waste, and it's part of the service.
Having said that, our council has recently got a loan from the Govt to stop them going bankrupt.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours is weekly, all year round apart from a 3 week period over Xmas and New year. It also takes the food waste, and it's part of the service.
Having said that, our council has recently got a loan from the Govt to stop them going bankrupt.

Same as fade and dies.

Funding to all councils has been very poor, they have no option but to cut services and put prices up

Sad times

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
i remember a training ride in the mid 90 with a load of other racing cyclists. we used to head to to a tea stop out the other side of Buckingham from Hemel. going down Ivanhoe beacon my mate Russ bounced off his saddle after hitting the wheel in front. he landed arse first on the rider next to him's rear wheel. he ended up with two massive red burn marks on his cheeks and ripped shorts. luckily his crack was untouched and he carried on out to the tea stop some 30 miles away. he couldn't sit down in the tea room due to the pain , much to all our amusement. give him his due he made it home though in quite a lot of pain. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I once treated a kid in the medical centre at Rufford pit.His dad brought him in. The kid was being given a backy or coggy. basically he was sat on the seat as his mate was cycling. His mate forgot he was there and went to sit down. He knocked the kid off the seat and the kids coccyx and Butt cheeks acted as brakes and he stopped the bike. Luckily just before his meat and two veg went under the rear brakes assembly
There was burnt rubber from the tyre between the kids butt cheeks. The top two layers of skin were gone for about 6” either side of his crack. It stopped about 1” short of his trapdoor. It was weeping and the kid was in agony. Am sure I used something called flamazine. He walked outta the medical centre like John Wayne had been on a horse for two weeks.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

Why pay for garden waste? Just revert to what we used to do. Put grass into black bags and then into black bin. Got a hedge? Burn the cuttings on a mini bonfire or if you have one a firepit

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Google maps recently

Leave my house 0540 today. Slightly later than planned

Route to work comes up 59 mins (should be 45 but traffic fair)

Finally get to near the A10 turn off "route available 18 mins quicker) well ofc I'm going to take it. Why wasn't it offered? It's always quicker than route anyways lol

Got in 0630 instead of the 0648 predicted in the end as the time kept rising on the normal route because of traffic

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The cart upon which our garden hose is wound is broken and lost a wheel.. so looking for a replacement. Most Garden hose Reel cart on Amazon seem naff. Equally I realised that it is cheaper to buy a new hose + cart than just a cart!! What do I do about 30m of perfectly good hose?