Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The map is going to have those colours. The overground lines will be parallel lines rather than solid.
And the names are just names. Nobody calls the Central Line the Red Line.

I like that. "Watford Line" etc. Can't offend anyone.
Are the line names offensive though? I just thought they were crap personally. 😆 The "Lioness" line runs through where I live - but I think it'll be like anything that gets renamed, people will just keep calling it the Overground for a fair while.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are the line names offensive though? I just thought they were crap personally. 😆 The "Lioness" line runs through where I live - but I think it'll be like anything that gets renamed, people will just keep calling it the Overground for a fair while.

It's amazing how easily people get worked up by things that will never effect them.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
There are plenty of things in life that don’t affect me personally, but annoys me that they happen. I’m confident there would be for you too.
It's difficult sometimes to avoid this but I try not to get annoyed at things that don't/won't affect me.
But sometimes it's hard to avoid the maronic and childish behaviour of some people.
I blame the media.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They could have just used a station or direction to name them, equivalent to the Victoria or Northern line. Would have remained in keeping with the rest of the map (bar the Elizabeth line) and been far more inclusive and far less divisive.
Was thinking the same

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We've had coloured lines on the map for many decades without an issue and I can't see any issue rebranding the overground in differing colours, which I think are distinguishable enough. There is the choice to use station names to direct tourists as well and from my own experiences in London, most find their way. Is it any different to us travelling to somewhere with a similar underground system and try to navigate our way round

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is why this thread is so much bigger than things that gladden...

Debate after debate about what irritates someone whereas the things that gladden might get a like or a couple of responses.

So we're not grumpy old gits - just argumentative, stubborn ones :unsure:
I don't know why people get such a stick up their bum about people replying back on their irritations though. It is a forum after all, we're here to discuss. If you didn't want a response or to justify yourself then just ignore said response and get on with your life. 🤷🏻‍♂️

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know why people get such a stick up their bum about people replying back on their irritations though. It is a forum after all, we're here to discuss. If you didn't want a response or to justify yourself then just ignore said response and get on with your life. 🤷🏻‍♂️

To be fair this hasn't been about that rather the pros and cons of naming some railway lines and spending money on it. Could have had its own thread!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is why this thread is so much bigger than things that gladden...

Debate after debate about what irritates someone whereas the things that gladden might get a like or a couple of responses.

So we're not grumpy old gits - just argumentative, stubborn ones :unsure:

Usually it’s just so the universal experts can tell people why they are wrong AND have the last word.

D

Deleted member 15344

Apologies for getting the thread back on track

Our local co op in on the road out of the town towards the M1 , it’s near some industrial areas , it’s becoming a nightmare now where trucks are deciding to stop on the road outside to pop in and use the shop - causing loads of traffic issues on the road and no surprise there was a 4 car prang today with someone try to go around a truck whilst someone is coming out of the car park 🤬

Oh and it’s Friday - the sun is out , it’s dry - time for chill everyone