Random Irritations

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Buses that start moving forward away from the bus stop whilst you are passing them with no consideration of the traffic behind or along side.

RichA

Visit site
Not really an irritation, just an observation of different personality types when it comes to money...

My team from work went out last night for food and drinks. To avoid that cringeworthy scenario where everyone is poring over the bill then asking the staff to split it into individual payments, I stuck it on my credit card and put the receipt on the team WhatsApp group.
It's interesting how those who earn least money add up their bit correctly then round up to the nearest £5 or £10.
The one who earns most added up their bits to the penny, took off the 20% discount we received, ignored the 12.5% service charge then rounded down to the nearest pound. 🤣
It worked out about right for me, but it's the same every time with this and other social groups.

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
r
The absolute fear I get everytime I need to update a system BIOS on a PC that doesn’t belong to me.

Praying that there is no power outage or I accidentally knock something and brick someone’s motherboard.
I had to order a new bios chip for my pc after bricking it during an update, fortunately it was the type that plug on to the mobo as opposed to solder[/QUOTE]

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Not really an irritation, just an observation of different personality types when it comes to money...

My team from work went out last night for food and drinks. To avoid that cringeworthy scenario where everyone is poring over the bill then asking the staff to split it into individual payments, I stuck it on my credit card and put the receipt on the team WhatsApp group.
It's interesting how those who earn least money add up their bit correctly then round up to the nearest £5 or £10.
The one who earns most added up their bits to the penny, took off the 20% discount we received, ignored the 12.5% service charge then rounded down to the nearest pound. 🤣
It worked out about right for me, but it's the same every time with this and other social groups.

Major annoyance... people who demonstrate their lack of manners, character etc etc in these situations....

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

100% whenever we order in at work I put either on my credit card or deliveroo account

People give me the exact money

Ok so your not paying the deliveroo charge and not gonna give the guy a tip eh?

Always prefer to tell them the prices went up £1.50 and blame cost of.living

Tight sods

D-S

Visit site
The ONS ‘sharply revising‘ their figures about UK recovery - doom and gloom splashed across the news when the poor figures came out. The revised upwards figures barely making a footnote.
Seems as the media think that “Good News is No News”.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
When it has wheels it isn’t hand luggage.

We could probably board and disembark planes in a fraction of the time if there wouldn’t be 100 people trying to wheel suitcases through the narrow bits.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My son gets the name and phone number of the guy who reversed his van into my car (son had been driving), but forgets to get registration number before van drives off…🙄 and now he’s struggling to get the reg of vehicle from the guy or his company for my insurance. 😡

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The ONS ‘sharply revising‘ their figures about UK recovery - doom and gloom splashed across the news when the poor figures came out. The revised upwards figures barely making a footnote.
Seems as the media think that “Good News is No News”.
Simply the bedfellow of the newspapers and other news outlets that misreport, distort or fail to report the truth about bad news 🤷

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My son gets the name and phone number of the guy who reversed his van into my car (son had been driving), but forgets to get registration number before van drives off…🙄 and now he’s struggling to get the reg of vehicle from the guy or his company for my insurance. 😡
Always take pictures. Pic of the Reg is the first one you should take

If he did take pics he may have caught the Reg accidentally, worth a look

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
£5 drop off charge at Gatwick- absolute thieving ….
Same everywhere these days sadly. I use the airport drop offs a lot and use the free one where I can. Stansted are good and have a shuttle bus , Luton make you walk!!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have done a test and it's negative so potentially just come down with a bug due to playing in the rain for 2.5 hours and lack of sleep following!
Both my wife and I had it, spikey throat, cough, mega temperture, aches and tiredness, we both tested negative. A friend had it exactly same time, exactly same symptoms and tested positive one day, and not the next. Suspect it's the new strain not showing with the old tests.
Many I come across have had exactly the same symptons.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Always take pictures. Pic of the Reg is the first one you should take

If he did take pics he may have caught the Reg accidentally, worth a look
He did, but of the damage to our car and no reflection or anything of reg of van. He was with his girlfriend who is a useless piece of uselessness and would have been distracting him 😡

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
We've got one slippery, elusive mouse in our house. It's constantly evading our two humane mouse traps and our two Maine *** cats are useless. It even appeared in the centre of the kitchen the other day in a robe, slippers and dressing gown, whilst puffing on a cigar. 🐀🐁🐭
Your cat has been censored 🤣🤣

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've got one slippery, elusive mouse in our house. It's constantly evading our two humane mouse traps and our two Maine *** cats are useless. It even appeared in the centre of the kitchen the other day in a robe, slippers and dressing gown, whilst puffing on a cigar. 🐀🐁🐭
...and the mouse just rocked up in the centre of the lounge during the Smith - Eubank fight 😳🤣🐭

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Accept it as part of the family, the mouse has won 🤷‍♂️.

I heard a humane pest control guy on the radio a few months ago. Your mouse friend has found a source of food, whether proper food or crumbs. To get rid of the mouse, stop the source. Make sure everything is boxed up, sealed, surfaces wiped down etc. If there is no food to eat, your friend will move on. Unless of course he/she now feels an affection for you all 😄.

Incidentally have you ever seen your pal come through a hole? I'm in a rural area, field mice are common. I saw one come through a crack once that was just ridiculously small. It was like watching Flat Stanley in action 😳. Remarkable little things.