Random Irritations

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Incidentally have you ever seen your pal come through a hole? I'm in a rural area, field mice are common. I saw one come through a crack once that was just ridiculously small. It was like watching Flat Stanley in action 😳. Remarkable little things.
Any mice we get in the house certainly come through a hole - the cat flap. And they do so carried in the cat's mouth. He then lets them go, unharmed, to find some dark corner in which to take up residence. Stupid bloody cat.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any mice we get in the house certainly come through a hole - the cat flap. And they do so carried in the cat's mouth. He then lets them go, unharmed, to find some dark corner in which to take up residence. Stupid bloody cat.
Yup that is exactly what is happening!

I've just pulled out the fridge and there's evidence it's been here a while. It's eating well, endless supply of cat food, kitchen crumbs and lately the cheese that it burgles from the mouse traps. I've ordered next level mouse traps...

Rent will be charged and I'll cut it a key at this rate.🐭

Last edited:

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site

I've just pulled out the fridge and there's evidence it's been here a while. It's eating well, endless supply of cat food, kitchen crumbs and lately the cheese that it burgles from the mouse traps. I've ordered next level mouse traps...

We had one once that lived in the washing machine that was close to the cat food. The little bugger would eat the cat food and then vanish up inside the workings of the machine whenever we saw it. When we pulled the washing machine out and tipped it over, it ran across the room and vanished underneath the fridge - lesson learned - when you flush them out, never leave them another place to hide!

Our cats bring 'runners' in quite often. I have a wooden port bottle case with a sliding see-through plastic cover which I find perfect to trap them in when they are cornered (they often run into it) and take them outside and release them at a distance.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Mouse trap 2.0 has been deployed. 🐁

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

One of mine brings them in dead, the other carries them up to the landing, toys with them a while and then gets bored and lets it run off only to be found later by the smell. Wish to was just mice but over the last month he has added birds and now bats to his repertoire.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Paid for the drink we had with dinner after golf on Saturday, £253 🤬😂😂

One of my staff put his PIN number in when the waiter handed him the card machine, and handed it back to the waiter. “It’s not taken your PIN number sir,” say the waiter. He enters it in again and it goes through. He’d only entered his PIN number for a tip! :ROFLMAO:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of mine brings them in dead, the other carries them up to the landing, toys with them a while and then gets bored and lets it run off only to be found later by the smell. Wish to was just mice but over the last month he has added birds and now bats to his repertoire.

Have posted this before I think but I was woken up one morning by crashing and banging downstairs. Went down to find one of my cats coming through the cat flap backwards with a full grown pheasant in its mouth.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trying to contact Stansted airport mid stay car parking. We're out in Spain and Mrs Colch has fallen and broken her leg. She's in a full leg cast so the airline won't fly us home as she can't bend her leg. Need to extend our car park booking but there's no way to phone them to do it. I can email but there current response time on emails is 10 days. Not much help when we're supposed to fly home on Wednesday.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trying to contact Stansted airport mid stay car parking. We're out in Spain and Mrs Colch has fallen and broken her leg. She's in a full leg cast so the airline won't fly us home as she can't bend her leg. Need to extend our car park booking but there's no way to phone them to do it. I can email but there current response time on emails is 10 days. Not much help when we're supposed to fly home on Wednesday.

You will be charged for the additional days in which you stay in the car park, based on the overstay rate applicable to the car park and Airport.

Please be aware that if you have booked Meet & Greet parking and know in advance that you will be delayed, need to stay longer than expected or need to collect your car earlier than expected, please contact the Meet & Greet operation to inform them of your late/early return as soon as possible.

The Meet & Greet Operation contact details can be found on the booking receipt given to you by your Meet & Greet Receptionist when you drop off your keys. However, these details are also noted below:

London Stansted Meet & Greet: +44(0)1279 680095

For further details of these Overstay charges please refer to the terms and conditions on your booking confirmation or to ‘Section 6. Car Park Conditions of Use’ in the car parking terms and conditions on the Airport website.

Please note overstay charges are only applicable if you leave the car park 6 hours after the departure date and time entered at time of booking.

Dunno if that is any use found it in the help section

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think I’ve posted this before. Ours came home with two chipmunks once. Both dead, and about one hour between the captures. Someone over the back of us used to keep them in a big outside enclosure. No idea how the cat got into there.

RichA

Visit site
Have posted this before I think but I was woken up one morning by crashing and banging downstairs. Went down to find one of my cats coming through the cat flap backwards with a full grown pheasant in its mouth.
The night of the great storm of 1987, I was staying at my sister's in Kent. Electricity was out. I was sleeping on the dining room floor - the spare bedroom wasn't safe because it was next to the chimney breast and we could hear the chimney rocking in the wind.
That was the night that her two cats decided to drag a live rabbit through the cat flap and spend 2 hours torturing it to death while I tried to sleep in the next room. No torch so I couldn't do a thing about it. And who knew that rabbits can scream?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Poor Mrs C :-(

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The night of the great storm of 1987, I was staying at my sister's in Kent. Electricity was out. I was sleeping on the dining room floor - the spare bedroom wasn't safe because it was next to the chimney breast and we could hear the chimney rocking in the wind.
That was the night that her two cats decided to drag a live rabbit through the cat flap and spend 2 hours torturing it to death while I tried to sleep in the next room. No torch so I couldn't do a thing about it. And who knew that rabbits can scream?

That was the night my wife's waters broke when she was pregnant with our son!
Getting to and from the hospital was 'interesting'.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why have one mouse in the house when you can have two? 🐁🐀

One of our cats decides to bring in a small mouse, dump it in our room and then just stare at it. Useless. I have to use a fishing net to snag from behind the chest of drawers.

Let's hope original large mouse takes the bait in mouse trap 2.0 overnight. 🐁