Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chickenpox

On the plus side it is good they all seem to have it together

On the downside I seem to have tonsillitis and Mrs has a very bad chest infection which is taking her asthma to the next level so it's another hurdle we didn't need this week

Poor little mites.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Chickenpox

On the plus side it is good they all seem to have it together

On the downside I seem to have tonsillitis and Mrs has a very bad chest infection which is taking her asthma to the next level so it's another hurdle we didn't need this week

Poor little mites.

Good luck PJ. Not much fun buddy

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good luck PJ. Not much fun buddy

God no your right it's not

Eldest is asleep all fine. Think she couple days ahead
Youngest twin has spots
Eldest twin.. she's just not stopped being sick since 6 apparently (I got home at 8:30) she must be at the stage eldest was Sunday morning

marksman

Visit site
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

we have arrived home to find a locksmith’s business card in the letterbox. Hey, maybe he’s doing a card drop around the local houses. Opened the gate and got onto the drive no problem. Opened the front door no problem. Mrs Hobbit tries to open the back door…. No joy!! She goes outside and finds the back(grill) door wide open. She tries the key in the grill door and then the back door, neither of which work.

OMG! Have we got home just in time to stop an attempted break-in? Oh, hang on a minute…why is there a business card for a locksmith in our letter box? A quick call reveals he‘d received a call from number 5 Los Guigerlleras, next road down, the owner saying they’re locked out. They also advised him that there’s a Toyota Yaris on the drive.

We‘re number 5 Los Golondrinas(the swallows), and with a Toyota Yaris on the drive. Yes, he’d done the wrong house, and in doing so he’d trashed the original locks. We now have new locks. And the piece of mind of knowing there wasn’t an attempted break-in.
What sort of locksmiths do you have operating in Spain ? A locksmith that started work on a property without a client in attendance and having no proof of identity or ownership of the property is shocking .

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The current series of Love Island is terrible - and yes I know that plenty think that of every series but sometimes it’s been interesting and a good laugh. Damnably, me and my Mrs have invested so much time watching it that we feel obliged to watch it to the bitter end - thankfully only a week to go.

We are not alone in recording it and watching after it’s finished or we don‘t start until half and hour in. That way we can fast forward past the ads (that take up almost half the running time); skip the utter garbage that is much of it, and get to the end without wasting too much of our lives.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Kay burley again.

I just want to punch her in the face as she’s so rude and loves talking over guests
No idea of today’s context of this, but it’s usually a result of the guest not answering the question she’s asked, and so she interrupts to ask the question again - she will have limited interview time and so can’t simply hang around waiting for the guest to finish answering a question she didn‘t ask.

I too can find it a bit irritating if it’s incessant, but I find it equally irritating when guests prevaricate and avoid answering the question. It’s just a game they all play - to the viewer‘s irritation. Fortunately the truth is that we usually know the answer to the question asked.

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The current series of Love Island is terrible - and yes I know that plenty think that of every series but sometimes it’s been a good laugh. Damnably, me and my Mrs have invested so much time watching it that we feel obliged to watch it to the bitter end - thankfully only a week to go.

We are not alone in recording it and watching after it’s finished or we don‘t start until half and hour in. That way we can fast forward past the ads (that take up almost half the running time); skip the utter garbage that is much of it, and get to the end without wasting too much of our lives.

I think the golden goose is dead!

It was great TV for a few years but they've not been able to freshen it up enough and now its dull as dishwater. Talent selection is at an all time low.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
not sure there is much "talent" on the show

Beg to differ!

Quite a few have done very well for themselves - but only the first 4 seasons casts.

Chris Hughes - ITV racing pundit
Josh last name escapes me - England Football involvements
Molly Mae and Tommy Fury
Maura Higgins

The newer series are just younger and thicker than ever.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Beg to differ!

Quite a few have done very well for themselves - but only the first 4 seasons casts.

Molly Mae and Tommy Fury
Maura Higgins

Ekin-Sue and Davide from last series were a laugh and seem to be doing OK - unsurprisingly perhaps they are a few important years older than most of the current bunch. And of the current bunch…well…Lana and beauty products may make her the only one to make anything of her being on it outside of general social media following. The rest are deluded if they think otherwise.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Beg to differ!

Molly Mae and Tommy Fury
Maura Higgins

Tommy Fury is a below average boxer, stealing a living due to his surname.

Not sure what "talents" the others have