Random Irritations

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've had mine
Oh cool, maybe they fixed it then!! How long have you had setup?? I must have set mine up 18 months ago and it didn't work then. Was a common gripe on forums..
We had the Sky Q put in at the end of May this year. The engineer didn't know how to sort it and left us with a booster to try to improve the signal. That didn't work. I tried to use the Sky Q mesh system without the TP Link, but that was giving pretty slow and inconsistent speeds, so I did a search online and found exactly what you said. It's a known issue. But I did eventually find the solution that worked for me.
  • Go into the Sky hub on your browser (http://192.168.0.1/) and disable the 2.4 and 5.0GHZ WiFi in your router (untick the Enable Wi-Fi box).
  • Connect the main hub via cable to your router.
  • I usually keep the same name and password as on the router.
  • Go into engineer mode on your Sky Q box
    • Press the ‘Home’ button on your remote control.
    • Scroll down to ‘Settings’ and DO NOT press select.
    • Press ‘001’.
    • Press ‘Select’
    • Goto network and switch off both bands and confirm before exit.
  • I then connected each of my Deco satellite nodes directly to the Sky Q box via cable.
Not the most elegant solution as you can't connect the Sky Q box wirelessly to the internet, but it worked for me.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had mine

We had the Sky Q put in at the end of May this year. The engineer didn't know how to sort it and left us with a booster to try to improve the signal. That didn't work. I tried to use the Sky Q mesh system without the TP Link, but that was giving pretty slow and inconsistent speeds, so I did a search online and found exactly what you said. It's a known issue. But I did eventually find the solution that worked for me.
  • Go into the Sky hub on your browser (http://192.168.0.1/) and disable the 2.4 and 5.0GHZ WiFi in your router (untick the Enable Wi-Fi box).
  • Connect the main hub via cable to your router.
  • I usually keep the same name and password as on the router.
  • Go into engineer mode on your Sky Q box
    • Press the ‘Home’ button on your remote control.
    • Scroll down to ‘Settings’ and DO NOT press select.
    • Press ‘001’.
    • Press ‘Select’
    • Goto network and switch off both bands and confirm before exit.
  • I then connected each of my Deco satellite nodes directly to the Sky Q box via cable.
Not the most elegant solution as you can't connect the Sky Q box wirelessly to the internet, but it worked for me.

OK cheers, so its hardwired, I'm out.. So I'm right! they don't play nicely!! the BT ones connect to the Q boxes wirelessly, so in hindsight I would have bought them. My solution works well! Its just complex to setup!

D

Deleted member 23270

Having my desk stolen. I can understand why they didn't think anything of it since I'm only in twice a week. But they could have been nicer about it - I arrive today and someone is sat my desk using my monitor, my charger etc, and I get pointed to another desk with a huge knot of leads sitting upon it for me to untangle. Thanks a lot.
There is probably a guy going into your office 3 days a week complaining on a forum somewhere that his desk gets stolen 2 days a week :ROFLMAO:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Insurance companies again. Been with Aviva for years. more fool me. Their quote this year was nearly £1000.00 a year more than Direct Line for a 2 car multi car policy.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
OK cheers, so its hardwired, I'm out.. So I'm right! they don't play nicely!! the BT ones connect to the Q boxes wirelessly, so in hindsight I would have bought them. My solution works well! Its just complex to setup!
Hardwired from the node to the Sky box. All the nodes connect together wirelessly. I bought the Deco before I got Sky Q, so I had to come up with the workaround which works fine for me, just using the Ethernet ports on the hubs.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hardwired from the node to the Sky box. All the nodes connect together wirelessly. I bought the Deco before I got Sky Q, so I had to come up with the workaround which works fine for me, just using the Ethernet ports on the hubs.

So if you do chose to move one, you can run the Q's wirelessly. You just need to switch back on the sky SSID (Then hide it) and have the Q boxes connect to the sky Router/Network. all of your other traffic stays on the deco mesh. It works well for me

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
So if you do chose to move one, you can run the Q's wirelessly. You just need to switch back on the sky SSID (Then hide it) and have the Q boxes connect to the sky Router/Network. all of your other traffic stays on the deco mesh. It works well for me

Since when have we stopped using English on this forum????

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Insurance companies again. Been with Aviva for years. more fool me. Their quote this year was nearly £1000.00 a year more than Direct Line for a 2 car multi car policy.

Coincidently I was just about to post my irritation about Direct Line. I spent ages yesterday filling in their online car insurance quote questionnaire. Only to get a message saying " oops sorry we have a problem, but your details will be saved for 24 hours ".
So I called the help line, the guy apologised saying their system was down but should be back on 2.30ish and don't worry all your details will be saved for 24 hours.
I tried online again today to retrieve my quote using my account details but no joy .
So I phone again today, only to be asked to give all my details AGAIN .
I explained that I had already filled in all the details twice online and had been previously their customer 2 years ago, so all my details should be on the system and nothing has changed except for being a year older.

Finally I had to give all my details AGAIN over the phone.
Quote comes back £91 dearer than LV=.
:mad:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
what bs is he spouting this time?

was disappointed not to see him interviewedon ITVs FA Cup coverage when non-league Chesterfield went through to the 3rd round yesterday

Distribution of wealth to even the playing field. As was pointed out, why should the better commercially run clubs subsidise the poorly run ones?