Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Two radio ads currently bugging me...

Apparently we've been pronouncing it wrong all this time - it's shkoda...

And as for our (apparent) inability to say Galbani (a cheese brand) without getting it wrong...ach..just annoying. But I guess the ad men would say 'job done' How irritating.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Two radio ads currently bugging me...

Apparently we've been pronouncing it wrong all this time - it's shkoda...

And as for our (apparent) inability to say Galbani (a cheese brand) without getting it wrong...ach..just annoying. But I guess the ad men would say 'job done' How irritating.
The funny thing about the Skoda ad is that when someone reels off the T & C's at the end they deviate from the ad and pronounce Skoda without the shk again. Well done continuity.

I always think the ad people have run out of ideas when they go down this route. I'd be changing agencies if I was either of these brands.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
The funny thing about the Skoda ad is that when someone reels off the T & C's at the end they deviate from the ad and pronounce Skoda without the shk again. Well done continuity.

I always think the ad people have run out of ideas when they go down this route. I'd be changing agencies if I was either of these brands.
You remember the ad, right?

Their job is done. You’ve literally taken exactly what they wanted you to take away from that advert.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Their job is done. You’ve literally taken exactly what they wanted you to take away from that advert.
I remembered the ad because I have a Skoda and so I notice them anyway. I understand your point but the problem is, as Hogie is proving, the ad is making a negative link to the brand, not a positive one. Instead of subconsciously thinking positive thoughts about Skoda you hear the advert and store away a negative thought. I always think that is a dangerous road to go down for advertisers.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Same with the Dacia add for me.. I remember it because they pronounce it differently from how James may did

And for me James may is more likely to get it right than finchy from the office!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
The use of the word Staycation in advertising a week away in Jersey, Roof boxes at Halfords, some holiday park the other side of the country. A staycation, is when you have time off work and stay at your home!! Maybe have the odd day trip, but the clue is in the name STAY... It does not mean a Holiday in the UK. DoorKnobs.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The use of the word Staycation in advertising a week away in Jersey, Roof boxes at Halfords, some holiday park the other side of the country. A staycation, is when you have time off work and stay at your home!! Maybe have the odd day trip, but the clue is in the name STAY... It does not mean a Holiday in the UK. DoorKnobs.
Don't you mean "vacation in the UK" ? ?

Yep more US nonsense to perhaps look "trendy" by the retailers

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Parked my (reasonably) clean car at the golf club.

Come back, and it's as if there has been a saharan sand storm. The whole car is covered in sand. Can't see through the windows, and can hardly tell what colour it is.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
My car's awful MW reception, it's virtually unlistenable .......................... if that's a word.

What on earth is worth listening to on mw?

Anyway, a simple(ish) solution is to just download radioplayer app on your phone and get perfect digital quality played through your cars bluetooth, assuming you have a smartphone and a Bt radio ofc.
Almost every station now broadcasts on t' interweb thingy.