Random Irritations

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Strangely enough, in a shop earlier today in London, a couple speaking to each other both without masks and both with a Scottish accent.
I suppose thats symptomatic of all Scots is it?:rolleyes:

I certainly wasn’t implying all the English personnel weren’t wearing masks, it just seemed a high percentage from what I seen, you don’t need to lower yourself to making it an England / Scotland thing ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I certainly wasn’t implying all the English personnel weren’t wearing masks, it just seemed a high percentage from what I seen, you don’t need to lower yourself to making it an England / Scotland thing ?
So better then to not start off your comment “down in Englandshire..”.
I was in 2 shops yesterday, saw 5 people and only the 2 Scots Werner wearing masks. I know that doesn’t equate to 40% of the UK population not wearing masks, but If I were going on that stupidly small sample it might..;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Put some blinds up, and perhaps invest in a mobile air conditioner unit;)
you’ll be surprised how much of a difference they can make:)
We never sorted it out in time, I only have a miniature desk fan from Argos. Oops. There are blinds on the windows & doors which are down at the moment.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We never sorted it out in time, I only have a miniature desk fan from Argos. Oops. There are blinds on the windows & doors which are down at the moment.
Think you might melt then:)
Perhaps fix a sheet inside the roof . That will help keep the sun from getting through.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
people who sit in a queue for more than an hour to take the Sandbanks ferry. It only takes 45 minutes to drive round the longer way, and that is starting from the ferry. If you start from the end of the queue, it's probably 35 minutes.

Visit site
The USPGA is on telly ............................... but why spoil it with live golf when we can spend ages watching Woods warm up!! :unsure:

Sky commentary has been dire IMO
  • Every time after an advert Ewan Murray comes back on and describes the leader board for 5 minutes - "yes Ewan we know we have been watching"
  • They all spend most of the time rehashing the same cliches, Brendon Todd = 1,00000 millionth in the OGWR 2 years ago, Bryson blah blah blah" just unimaginative laziness
  • They could try to actually comment on the shots we are watching i real time rather than a brief summary afterwards

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
people who sit in a queue for more than an hour to take the Sandbanks ferry. It only takes 45 minutes to drive round the longer way, and that is starting from the ferry. If you start from the end of the queue, it's probably 35 minutes.

Not this weekend it doesn't!!
Why do you think there is a big queue for the ferry?

Because half the world and his Mrs wants to get to the isle of purbeck-
And the other half ( and mrs) is going there via Wareham?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Came home after a few days away to discover that the BBC in their infinite wisdom have decided to change the programme title of their cricket coverage.
It was "Cricket: Today at the Test", and now it's just "Today at the Test".
Which means my MythTV system that's set up to record everything that begins "Cricket" missed the first 3 days of the test match. :mad:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not this weekend it doesn't!!
Why do you think there is a big queue for the ferry?

Because half the world and his Mrs wants to get to the isle of purbeck-
And the other half ( and mrs) is going there via Wareham?

Was quoting Google maps timings on the cross country route, so it should take traffic into consideration.

Massive queues to get off the peninsula. Times to get off, probably worse than queues to get on this morning. Still totally gridlocked outside. Some cars haven't moved for 30 minutes.
Hope they had a good day to make it all worthwhile.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Came home after a few days away to discover that the BBC in their infinite wisdom have decided to change the programme title of their cricket coverage.
It was "Cricket: Today at the Test", and now it's just "Today at the Test".
Which means my MythTV system that's set up to record everything that begins "Cricket" missed the first 3 days of the test match. :mad:

The BBC is abysmal. When broadcasting a sports event they think itvquite acceptable to go from BBC 1 to bbc2 , or vice Versa etc.
Hidebound or what?