Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My car's awful MW reception, it's virtually unlistenable .......................... if that's a word.
I'll side step a jibe of 'what age of car is this that has MW on it still' and suggest looking at getting a Pure DAB radio fitted. The difference is night and day and it does not cost much. If you listen to many MW channels then it really is worth it.

Incidentally, if it isn't a word then is should be. I may well have used it myself, it is a good word :D

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll side step a jibe of 'what age of car is this that has MW on it still' and suggest looking at getting a Pure DAB radio fitted. The difference is night and day and it does not cost much. If you listen to many MW channels then it really is worth it.

Incidentally, if it isn't a word then is should be. I may well have used it myself, it is a good word :D
Unlistenable ! I heard that word a few times, when i was a gigging musician :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bought car in April
Due to lockdown been waiting patiently to drop off to get full link activated for apple and Android car plays

Called just now to say they got the wrong part and it is only andriod which I said that's fine because I ditched iPhone

Just can't decide if I've made the correct choice lol

But hey. I didn't want to wait an extra day without my car.. it's 25 mile drive away to the dealer Ive done it around work today tomorrow doesn't work out as well

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went for a swim. All well set out and about 10 tables in reception with hand sanitisers and instructions to use on entering and exiting the facility. Wall mounted hand sanitiser outside entrance to gym and pool.

Two guys came in to use the gym and neither went near a hand sanitiser. Watched them both use the same handle to open the door and imagined how little cleaning they'd be bothered to do in the gym as clearly didn't worry them the risk of spreading germs.

Then went to Lidl and 80% wearing masks but the other 20% not bothering and not being questioned. A couple with 2 kids, a double pram and a single pram and no mask and no following of the signs to follow round the store.

Too many people relying on others to follow rules or simply thinking they're invincible and tough titties to everyone else.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Went for a swim. All well set out and about 10 tables in reception with hand sanitisers and instructions to use on entering and exiting the facility. Wall mounted hand sanitiser outside entrance to gym and pool.

Two guys came in to use the gym and neither went near a hand sanitiser. Watched them both use the same handle to open the door and imagined how little cleaning they'd be bothered to do in the gym as clearly didn't worry them the risk of spreading germs.

Then went to Lidl and 80% wearing masks but the other 20% not bothering and not being questioned. A couple with 2 kids, a double pram and a single pram and no mask and no following of the signs to follow round the store.

Too many people relying on others to follow rules or simply thinking they're invincible and tough titties to everyone else.

I’m not sure where you stay Amanda but the amount of people down in Englandshire not wearing masks in garages, service stations was shocking, it is mandatory in England now unless medically exempt?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m not sure where you stay Amanda but the amount of people down in Englandshire not wearing masks in garages, service stations was shocking, it is mandatory in England now unless medically exempt?

Mandatory in shops for sure. Unless exempt but unless pressed to justify a lack of mask the non-wearers will continue I guess. I was getting seriously narked at a mask-less guy leaning over to the fridge and wandering back and forth. Bearing in mind my mask is protecting him I guess it doesn't bother him a jot as he's allright jack!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strangely enough, in a shop earlier today in London, a couple speaking to each other both without masks and both with a Scottish accent.
I suppose thats symptomatic of all Scots is it?:rolleyes:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It was the same in Asda but it was about a third of the staff who weren't wearing the masks.
I understand some were probably exempt wearing masks but don't then put them on the tills.
Three tills open and two not wearing masks :mad:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It was the same in Asda but it was about a third of the staff who weren't wearing the masks.
I understand some were probably exempt wearing masks but don't then put them on the tills.
Three tills open and two not wearing masks :mad:
Strangely shop assistants don’t need to wear masks, possibly due to them being behind a screen. In our local Sainsburys the till staff don’t wear masks but all shop floor shelf stackers do. I have been in twice since masks came in and think I have only seen one person not wearing a mask- must be better people here in Wiltshire ?