Random Irritations

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I don’t with trainers. Stuff them in my shoe once foot is in. Come from an era where the bow should not be on show.
thats fair enough but the number of people i saw today out on my walk just can't be bothered to tie them, with the things flapping around.... a H&S nightmare:ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Getting emails from work asking me to do stuff. Very simple things, and part of my role but I am annual leave and always been a firm believer if someone is on holiday they should only be contacted in an emergency. I did what was needed as I like to provide a good service and it just makes life easier for the unit but found it frustrating they couldn't find another way

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting emails from work asking me to do stuff. Very simple things, and part of my role but I am annual leave and always been a firm believer if someone is on holiday they should only be contacted in an emergency. I did what was needed as I like to provide a good service and it just makes life easier for the unit but found it frustrating they couldn't find another way
If you're on leave why are you looking at work emails?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So either you need to "have a word" with whoever sent it to your private email, or work out how they got it.
Either way, if you're on leave your'e on leave and work is finished for now.

Came from my matron and she and our lead nurse have had it so I could keep in touch when I was medically suspended a few months back. I could have ignored it, but it was a simple job, and as I say like to provide a good service. They did apologise so I'll keep an eye out for more and will have a word. As a one off it was irritating but not the end of the world

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Came from my matron and she and our lead nurse have had it so I could keep in touch when I was medically suspended a few months back. I could have ignored it, but it was a simple job, and as I say like to provide a good service. They did apologise so I'll keep an eye out for more and will have a word. As a one off it was irritating but not the end of the world
So why make it sound like it was a whole raft of emails and you were severely buggered off?

Wolf

Visit site
Here's a thought, you're on leave ignore the email or simply reply sorry I'm not in work I'm on holiday.. They can't complain of a bad service as you're not meant to be providing a service as you're not at work. The more you reply the more you're effectively saying is its OK for them to continue to do it......

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Also a Northern Irish thing. Butter is bu’er, shower is sharr etc.

And what about lickle for little and that irritating weather presenter who insists that the place north of England is called Scockland.?
I think in elocution /acting circles it is fashionable/correct if the "t" precedes an "l".
But, I ask you, Scockland!