Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some of those "masks" people are wearing are no more than a footie shirt. They are just some sort of material which does NOT block the stuff we breathe out. I've got a full face thing. Look damn stupid but at least me glasses don't steam up.
People don't have to wear masks, just face coverings. The guy in BIM's post lifting his shirt over his face is actually doing enough if it covers his mouth and nose. There is no stipulation on what you use, just use something.

My PP on a Saturday gave me a couple of those roll up snood, headband, face covering thingies that people are wearing. Leave it around your neck, lift it up when going into a shop. They are probably the material you mention. He is a council worker, they were given to him by the council, they have the council promo spiel on them (he has been given so many that he is handing them on to others now) Dont get stressed by the style of covering, just be pleased they are using something.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good news is that I start my new job today, after the start date was postponed for four months. The irritation is that I have been sent a laptop and phone so I can work from home, but I have not been sent the passwords and so cannot login and get the induction stuff out of the way. The IT support team are only taking numbers to call back when they are free. Been waiting for three hours now, hence I am looking on here.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
People don't have to wear masks, just face coverings. The guy in BIM's post lifting his shirt over his face is actually doing enough if it covers his mouth and nose. There is no stipulation on what you use, just use something.

My PP on a Saturday gave me a couple of those roll up snood, headband, face covering thingies that people are wearing. Leave it around your neck, lift it up when going into a shop. They are probably the material you mention. He is a council worker, they were given to him by the council, they have the council promo spiel on them (he has been given so many that he is handing them on to others now) Dont get stressed by the style of covering, just be pleased they are using something.
Agree with that. Loads of the ones you buy online, particularly the more 'fashionable' ones aimed at women are simply made of stretchy material, no different to what a t-shirt would be made of.

When we went to Drift Limits the other day for my wife's supercar driving day, they specified that you had to wearing a proper KN95 mask to enter their building, and her material one wasn't allowed. But I've not seen many places stating that. Luckily my one is a KN95 so she just wore that for her safety briefing thing and I waited outside.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

Thing is a doctor on the TV demonstrated how useless these things are. Try blowing a match out through them. Easy peasy. Now put on a proper mask and try. MASSIVE DIFFERENCE

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Had he pulled it up over his nose and mouth I’d have said so, but I didn’t because he only pulled it up over his mouth. Hence my irritation.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had he pulled it up over his nose and mouth I’d have said so, but I didn’t because he only pulled it up over his mouth. Hence my irritation.
Sorry, I tried to avoid to criticise the irritation itself as it is your irritation and you can be irritated by anything. That is how the thread works. I replied to Crazyface to make a general point.

I've seen plenty with proper masks who don't cover their noses either. Planks are planks, whether wearing a mask, a snood or a pulled up football shirt.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thing is a doctor on the TV demonstrated how useless these things are. Try blowing a match out through them. Easy peasy. Now put on a proper mask and try. MASSIVE DIFFERENCE
The govt needs to change its guidelines then.

Saying this I read an interesting article about Holland yesterday. They aren't going down the face covering route, they don't think they help sufficiently.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Just to add a variation to this- woman in shop yesterday, mask on correctly. Until she decides she needs to speak with an assistant and removes said mask to chat!

Wolf

Visit site
Taking out the corporate Gym membership through the golf club; with DW Fitness, who look like they are going under.

Big news in fitness industry that but really not surprised at all when you know their business model. Up until January last year I was managing one of their largest gyms and helping train people at national level. Problem is the 2 different arms to their fitness brand are hugely mismanaged and top heavy with over paid management and board members take huge dividends out of the business and putting nothing back into it.

The DW side that's going into administration is firmly mid range price gym which in current industry is always going to be out done by the low price point. The problem is any profit they do make doesn't go back into DW, it gets funnelled of to dividends or used to cover their other brand Fitness First and all its high costs because that business has always run at a huge loss but tried to upscale to compete with likes in David Lloyd but it just doesn't have brand recognition.

With COVID lockdown it was inevitable as a business they would suffer and that it would be the DW part that would go under as all the care is about FF and the board have taken so much out. The big reason I departed there was the fact I couldn't put up with the mismanagement at top level and inability to adapt and accept each brand had equal importance.