Random Irritations

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Because one day, when you and I are dust, and barring any catastrophe, humans will live on the place, having given it back an atmosphere etc etc.
Think it outlandish? Imagine being in Ancient Rome, and forecasting today's world.?

I can just imagine Crazyfaze sitting in ancient Rome complaining about the money wasted on a mission to Cheshire! :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can just imagine Crazyfaze sitting in ancient Rome complaining about the money wasted on a mission to Cheshire! :LOL:
To be fair, the conquest of Britain largely was a waste of money. He would have been right :LOL:.

A bit of tin in Cornwall and a few slaves. Not much else, certainly not the tax windfall or harvests they hoped for.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair, the conquest of Britain largely was a waste of money. He would have been right :LOL:.

A bit of tin in Cornwall and a few slaves. Not much else, certainly not the tax windfall or harvests they hoped for.

And the expense of a big wall just to keep the savages out. If he'd been smarter, like DJ Trump for example, he could have gotten the picts to pay for it regardless of whether they wanted to, or even knew about it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Same at Lidl this week - it needs enforcing or what's the point.

The problem is the police have said they can't afford to allocate staff to shopping centres to enforce this (although you could argue it's perhaps ideal for the PCSO's to do) and so these stores take the easy way out and don't challenge shoppers. Given the new messages and the fear of the R number rising it seems a cop out but you also have to then put the blame back on the selfishness of the shoppers being too lazy to comply. I'd love to see stores get tough and no mask no shopping (although I accept there are some with valid reasons) and try and drive the message home. Won't happen of course

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Insurance companies & comparison websites; one tells me my cheapest quote is £355 through Devitts; the second tells me my cheapest quote is £378 through Devitts. Same bike, same rider, same risk so how does the same company give me two quotes £23 apart?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Insurance companies & comparison websites; one tells me my cheapest quote is £355 through Devitts; the second tells me my cheapest quote is £378 through Devitts. Same bike, same rider, same risk so how does the same company give me two quotes £23 apart?

Possibly commission as us poor insurance brokers need to earn a crumb

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
First friendly today, won 3-1 and my calf injury was fine, played 60 minutes with no problems.
But...the manager is still insisting on playing a formation that just doesn't suit our team, we don't have the players for it and he can't see it ?