Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 1740

Having to pick food for dogs and cats.
There, now I've annoyed just about everyone on here now.

PS ... where's Fish?

Probably whizzing round the M40,M42 M25 motorways.....

Blackballed for a bit of an outburst at a particular forummer

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why do you think your son is not getting the education he needs?
If all the girls can read and write at a higher level, then they need to address the issue and seek out methods to teach the boys effectively.
Also school trips for girls only to see women in science won’t promote equality, the boys should be shown women‘s achievements, not removed from it.

It’s controversial I know, people don’t want to hear it but the system is letting boys down and we are suffering with issues associated with it.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
If all the girls can read and write at a higher level, then they need to address the issue and seek out methods to teach the boys effectively.
Also school trips for girls only to see women in science won’t promote equality, the boys should be shown women‘s achievements, not removed from it.

It’s controversial I know, people don’t want to hear it but the system is letting boys down and we are suffering with issues associated with it.

This sounds absolutely bizarre, I would be taking it up with the headmaster, then governors. If still unresolved then the local press.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This sounds absolutely bizarre, I would be taking it up with the headmaster, then governors. If still unresolved then the local press.
I am sure the mothers will make a comment or two. I know boys are different and require a different approach and have different interests but they have buttons you can press to engage them ... and that shouldn’t be ignored.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

When I was at school we were a rugby school no football until year 10

However suddenly a girls team started which didn't seem fair

Especially as they got to meet Joe Cole lol

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I am sure the mothers will make a comment or two. I know boys are different and require a different approach and have different interests but they have buttons you can press to engage them ... and that shouldn’t be ignored.

Seems like the schools approach is wrong and needs addressing... why should the boys be excluded from a trip that promotes women in science? Surely a more inclusive attitude is what the school needs to promote, letting the boys and girls know that it’s talent not gender that is important in a scientific career.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My daughter did one of these visits a couple of years ago. The whole point is to show girls that science is a career option for them. The numbers going down this route are feeble so this is to promote the field.

There are regular scientific visits open to all, she went on those as well, and no doubt when they get there most of the people doing the talking will be men.

Take a step back and think about it, there is nothing sinister about this.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seems like the schools approach is wrong and needs addressing... why should the boys be excluded from a trip that promotes women in science? Surely a more inclusive attitude is what the school needs to promote, letting the boys and girls know that it’s talent not gender that is important in a scientific career.
Exactly that.. a far more positive approach

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Female sports pundit makes stupid statement.
Apparently it’s sexist to point out that she made a stupid statement ?‍♂️

Was it Karen Carney? If it was .. it's not the first time

During a west ham game once she remarked yarmenlko was the best in league at cutting in from right onto his left foot

If he was the best in league he wouldn't be at West ham!

It's not because she's a lady it's because Karen is really bad at the job

Give me Alex Scott any day. She knows the game.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My daughter did one of these visits a couple of years ago. The whole point is to show girls that science is a career option for them. The numbers going down this route are feeble so this is to promote the field.

There are regular scientific visits open to all, she went on those as well, and no doubt when they get there most of the people doing the talking will be men.

Take a step back and think about it, there is nothing sinister about this.
It probably is done with good intentions but it’s not sending the right message .. and It should be a case of giving all an opportunity.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was it Karen Carney? If it was .. it's not the first time

During a west ham game once she remarked yarmenlko was the best in league at cutting in from right onto his left foot

If he was the best in league he wouldn't be at West ham!

It's not because she's a lady it's because Karen is really bad at the job

Give me Alex Scott any day. She knows the game.
This is it, generalising because of gender is negative... be more precise name the person who is poor , their gender is irrelevant