Random Irritations

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
As someone moving down to Devon, I do the A303 regularly and will do in the future coming back up to visit family. The tunnel would be a godsend to stop all the morons who slow right down or even block the road whilst they take pictures.
If the primary objective is to stop motorists slowing down to look at the stones, it would be much cheaper to just build a wall so that you can't see Stonehenge from the A303.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the primary objective is to stop motorists slowing down to look at the stones, it would be much cheaper to just build a wall so that you can't see Stonehenge from the A303.
Ha ha, that is an engineers answer. Simple and effective.

If that happens can we please have the remaining money up here to dual the A1 fully and the A69 across to Carlisle? I'm sure that tunnel would cover the cost of both ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The DVSA
Absolutely everything about them.
Worse than useless.
Proof..as if it were needed.
A Government Agency that can't read a communication informing them of how long they are to suspend driving tests and lessons.
They put out a statement saying tests and lessons were suspended from 5th November to 2nd December....further on it says they will restart on 2nd December.
Sadly, according to the Government, restrictions apply up to and including 2nd December....
Having already peed off thousands who have had tests moved to March/April they have now done the same to people who had tests on the 2nd.
Some of these people contacted DVSA in the last couple of days and were assured their tests would go ahead.
They are utterly useless and aren't even issuing an apology for getting dates wrong..
I hope, but doubt, heads will roll, they've been completely ineffective during the pandemic.
If only I didn't have to deal with them.

Mandofred

Visit site
Yeah and make the Druids pay for it! ?
Oh sure...more taxes!!!
tenor.gif

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Michael Buble performing local to me in July next year. Had a look at tickets and thought I'd treat my mum and Mrs Colch. £175 (+ £17.50 service charge) per ticket for a standing area. £385 for the two of them and they don't even get a seat to sit on.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Michael Buble performing local to me in July next year. Had a look at tickets and thought I'd treat my mum and Mrs Colch. £175 (+ £17.50 service charge) per ticket for a standing area. £385 for the two of them and they don't even get a seat to sit on.

So it should be. It's a tax on people who want to suffer through a terrible singer performing a terrible repertoire.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
He's a good singer but quite boring, I couldn't listen to him for too long, sitting or standing. :devilish: