Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was just finishing last night's garlic pizza bread for a bite to eat and felt something crunch under my teeth - spat the mouthful out and saw two shards of broken glass! That's not what you want really. :confused:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was just finishing last night's garlic pizza bread for a bite to eat and felt something crunch under my teeth - spat the mouthful out and saw two shards of broken glass! That's not what you want really. :confused:

I was sure you were going to say you'd broken a tooth - which would be worse! How the hell they got glass in a pizza though?!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was sure you were going to say you'd broken a tooth - which would be worse! How the hell they got glass in a pizza though?!
No idea. I've sent a report to the local food standards agency! Didn't bother contacting the restaurant as I'm sure they'd just deny it. Impossible to prove that I didn't make the whole thing up. I assume they make the dough on a counter, someone must have broken a glass and it's not been swept up properly. Lucky I didn't cut my tongue (don't think I have).

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
No idea. I've sent a report to the local food standards agency! Didn't bother contacting the restaurant as I'm sure they'd just deny it. Impossible to prove that I didn't make the whole thing up. I assume they make the dough on a counter, someone must have broken a glass and it's not been swept up properly. Lucky I didn't cut my tongue (don't think I have).

Well, I hope you didn't swallow any because there's only one real exit!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A story from one of my lecturers at college..
He was at Uni and lived in a house with 4 others.
One day, he dropped a big jar of Nescafe
Being an impoverished student he swept it up and redeployed it into the recently emptied jar.
Then came the summer and the house was vacated for a couple of months and he returned a week later than the others
He was immediately told of the coffees they made which, mysteriously, had bits of glass in them.
They had immediately got on to Nescafe customer service who had quickly despatched a large hamper full of various goodies as recompense.
He didn't let on until several months later...just in case.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He is a hero not often listened to, allowing the same old errors to re-occur. Often paid homage to with phrases like “lessons learned “ but never acted on .. Highlight a major process issue like letting purchase make decisions on piece price and that is ignored or asking people to make decisions to lock in development timing and quality.. will always be ignored and when Captain Hindsight points this out with little no evidence to contradict him/her it goes down like a proverbial s@** sandwich ?‍♂️ So Captain Hindsight is a much maligned hero.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 today

1, my pressure washer won't work. I've tried running water through it, online advice suggests a possible air lock, but that hasn't worked. It may well be dead but it hasn't had that much use.

The previous owner of the house fitted a child safety device on one of the bedroom windows. It prevents it opening more than about 10cm. It's a spare room so I haven't attempted to do anything about it previously. We are currently redecorating the room and so I decided to sort this out. I've seen every YouTube video out there, I can't crack it ?.