Random Irritations

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How about team principles, are they not valuable and pampered?
As you mentioned Williams,.........

View attachment 32066

At least Lewis has won 6 world championships with and for Mercedes.
Since Frank Williams gave his racing team to his daughter, Claire Williams OBE in 2013, their record hasn't been brilliant.
2014....320pts
2020 so far....0
She felt the need to have someone hold her umbrella for her 15 second interview.
And we hear Williams is now for sale.
I know who I think deserves pampering.
You are completely correct, the team is in free fall. I couldn’t comment on whether she is doing a good job or a bad, all I can say is that some of her resources are not as technically adept as they think they are. I only know this from the conversations I have had and analysis of their performances. They have the basic ingredients for good performances, best engine, relatively reasonable chassis and aero package it’s just understanding strategy, setup and procedures.
I find it rather depressing but in F1 it is rife, no one there is a game changer at the moment lots of people get mentioned but deep dives will reveal they are just “okay” .. Williams was a good engineer as was Patrick Head they were a team .. she doesn’t have that.
Also you will find that the PR team were recording the interview and holding the umbrella, and they will do a press release .. so I suppose in the end the PR was being functionally useful ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How do you get the best team and fastest car though? By showng you're the best driver in another team's slower car fisrt, standout and move up!

I dont think Hamilton has anything to prove, it is a bit of procession for him so far but did Schumacher have it any harder in terms of competition for his 7 titles, probably not.
2002 2003 2004 .. the Ferrari was sublime .. 2003 car was poor so they went back to the 2002 car and the 2004 car was the correct evolution. 2005 and 2006 was a tyre rule change (Bridgestone didn’t react fast or accurately enough - although Imola 2005 is rather exciting if you want to google that) giving Alonso his championships.. without that change he would have been an also ran ( it made Fisichella look good and he was ordinary!)

U

User62651

my home made Kefir - apparently it's supposed to taste like sour milk (as I've been waiting for it to keep fermenting and improve). Bit the bullet, added canderel to make it consumable, had a glass, now my guts are doing cartwheels.......think I'll be staying in today.:censored:

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We agreed a sale on ours a month a go, (with the guy who offered 30k less than asking for anyone who remembers/cares), all going through nicely and we've had a sale agreed on the one we wanted.

He's pulled out today, we've got solicitors working on the sale and the purchase.
So we could lose the one that we wanted, I even texted him last week to keep him updated, he offered his congratulations and said he was hoping we could get it all sorted quickly. Now, pulled out with no reason given.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How do you get the best team and fastest car though? By showng you're the best driver in another team's slower car fisrt, standout and move up!

I dont think Hamilton has anything to prove, it is a bit of procession for him so far but did Schumacher have it any harder in terms of competition for his 7 titles, probably not.
If anything, I would argue that Schuey wasn't fighting his own team-mate as well as the rest of the field. At least Mercedes let their drivers battle it out, Schumacher was given some of his wins even on the line by his team-mate.

U

User62651

If anything, I would argue that Schuey wasn't fighting his own team-mate as well as the rest of the field. At least Mercedes let their drivers battle it out, Schumacher was given some of his wins even on the line by his team-mate.
I remember thinking Eddie Irvine just loved the lifestyle, don't think he was that bothered about who won as long as he could drive race cars be fabulously rich with the parties and the attention of the ladies, never any needle between him and Schuey.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife and MIL bickering and just trying to wind each other up. Told the wife to just let it wash over her and ignore it and get some patience .. been like a tinder box all weekend really is so annoying.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
my home made Kefir - apparently it's supposed to taste like sour milk (as I've been waiting for it to keep fermenting and improve). Bit the bullet, added canderel to make it consumable, had a glass, now my guts are doing cartwheels.......think I'll be staying in today.:censored:
Lol.
I'm a big fan of home made kefir.
There are a few variables you can tweak - timings, temperature, milk (i use full fat unpasteurised ).
I add a small amount of cranberry or pomegranate juice for my breakfast slug, but go plain in the evening.
I'm happy to acknowledge it could be a placebo, but my general health has been pretty good over the 2 years I've been brewing. Keep the faith!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember thinking Eddie Irvine just loved the lifestyle, don't think he was that bothered about who won as long as he could drive race cars be fabulously rich with the parties and the attention of the ladies, never any needle between him and Schuey.
Maybe he wasn't. but Schumachers record number of wins includes those where his team-mate was told to let him pass. I don't see Hamilton being afforded that luxury:)

U

User62651

Lol.
I'm a big fan of home made kefir.
There are a few variables you can tweak - timings, temperature, milk (i use full fat unpasteurised ).
I add a small amount of cranberry or pomegranate juice for my breakfast slug, but go plain in the evening.
I'm happy to acknowledge it could be a placebo, but my general health has been pretty good over the 2 years I've been brewing. Keep the faith!
Good info ta, so it should taste sour? The 'seeds' you keep in the sieve process for next batch are just nondescript lumps, is that right?
I'm a 28 handicapper in making kefir, total novice but anything to boost the immune system is worth looking at. Do you seal the jar or just put a loose cover on, my cover is loose for fear of pressure build up.?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good info ta, so it should taste sour? The 'seeds' you keep in the sieve process for next batch are just nondescript lumps, is that right?
I'm a 28 handicapper in making kefir, total novice but anything to boost the immune system is worth looking at. Do you seal the jar or just put a loose cover on, my cover is loose for fear of pressure build up.?
It's supposed to be sour, but in a "yoghurt with steroids" way rather than something gone really horrible.
I use a glass jar with a pickling lid designed to relieve pressure. A loose cover is fine.
I sieve out the kefir grains (weird rubbery mini brain things) every time and if they've multiplied too much I just chuck a bit away. As for volumes, I do 300ml fat milk with about a heaped teaspoon of grains about every 24-48 hours depending on how lazy I am. Too few grains means it takes too long to ferment, too many means it just goes crazy.
I started brewing mine after I had a bad hand injury which got infected and required a lot of antibiotics. I was really run down afterwards and had a couple of other infections. I was trying to rebuild my gut biome, and while it might (not literally) be horses**t, I'm happy with the results.
There is some literature which supports its use for this, but it's still not the most well understood area and full of misinformation and dubious claims.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Starting a training course today then finding out the government have now released an emergency 10k training fund for people who have lost there jobs in oil and gas.
Frustrating ?

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Got a new carpet fitted today in our unborn babies bedroom, they finished up quite quick and I checked all the work before paying them. Happy as Larry.
Wasn’t until my wife went and had a look, and noticed they fitted the wrong carpet.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We book two hour-long sessions back to back on the badminton court at Harrow Leisure Centre (run by Everyone Active). Half way through a member of staff tried to tell us we need to exit the sports hall, walk all the way round to the front of the building and enter again. What?? Why on earth would we do that? Mumbled something about Covid regulations but it didn't make a blind bit of sense. The court next to us had the same two hour rolling booking as well so we just asked him what the hell he was on about. Surely all of us marching around touching all the doors again is increased risk? Eventually having failed to explain it properly to the 8 of us he just left us to it. I get that things are different but surely what they tell people to do has to make sense??

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The company general manager sent out a long winded email last night explaining how things have been tough recently and in a nutshell, how we should try as hard as we can, not moan about long hours and not expect a pay rise for a while. I thought it had originated from when a couple of fellow engineers had complained about the amount of hours they had been working recently.
What the manager has forgotten to do is remove the thread of emails from beneath the one he sent out ?
It starts with one of the lads in the factory very politely asking for a chat about a pay rise, the manager and one of the directors then make scorn of this lad and the rest of us, how we should he lucky we have a job and how the lad is cheeky asking for a pay rise.
Now I found it hilarious but some of the other lads are really miffed by it.
Btw I couldn't decide which thread to put this in ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The company general manager sent out a long winded email last night explaining how things have been tough recently and in a nutshell, how we should try as hard as we can, not moan about long hours and not expect a pay rise for a while. I thought it had originated from when a couple of fellow engineers had complained about the amount of hours they had been working recently.
What the manager has forgotten to do is remove the thread of emails from beneath the one he sent out ?
It starts with one of the lads in the factory very politely asking for a chat about a pay rise, the manager and one of the directors then make scorn of this lad and the rest of us, how we should he lucky we have a job and how the lad is cheeky asking for a pay rise.
Now I found it hilarious but some of the other lads are really miffed by it.
Btw I couldn't decide which thread to put this in ?

That is so unprofessional of them all round. I hope they're embarrassed! Did remind me of once when I forwarded an email from one of our reps to the MD saying what an idiot he was...except I pressed reply and not forward :oops:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is so unprofessional of them all round. I hope they're embarrassed! Did remind me of once when I forwarded an email from one of our reps to the MD saying what an idiot he was...except I pressed reply and not forward :oops:

?
Yes, it doesn't fill me with confidence re how professional they are. The replies about the lad in the factory were really poor despite them sort of having a point. It left me thinking they care very little about their employees.