Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
had to stop off for fuel on the way back from golf so went to Asda.... which has just had a Starbucks drive through open in the car park, they were queing out on to the access road for it...

I don't get it .... whats the atrraction of take away coffee ???

It's something I frequently ask myself. Seems we're following the American's obsession with take-away coffee. Soon be deciding our cars based upon the quanity and location of cup holders! Post lockdown we had a coffee delivery van...why? I've got a perfect working kettle thanks.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
had to stop off for fuel on the way back from golf so went to Asda.... which has just had a Starbucks drive through open in the car park, they were queing out on to the access road for it...

I don't get it .... whats the atrraction of take away coffee ???

I think it’d be inconvenient and hassle to make a extra coffee mocha Frappuccino with soy milk at home!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My memory. Seem to be forgetting a lot of things at the moment including my golf shoes from the club this afternoon. Hoping it's just down to a lack of sleep this week because of the heat but a tad worried it may be the start of something more

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
My memory. Seem to be forgetting a lot of things at the moment including my golf shoes from the club this afternoon. Hoping it's just down to a lack of sleep this week because of the heat but a tad worried it may be the start of something more
Happens to us all Homie... my most recent example was going to the golf club repairer, and getting 5 miles down the road before I realised I hadnt brought the club with me :rolleyes:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We washed a blanket yesterday afternoon which semi disintegrated. I spent a good hour or so emptying the filter, the pipe to the filter, cleaning the inside of the machine etc to make it function again. That in itself is quite irritating but this was overshadowed by where the filter is. 2-5mm from the base of the floor, give or take ?. This means that when unscrewing the filter access there is no chance of catching the water. As there was a lot to come out, it wasn't draining at all at first, that is a lot of water in the garage. I've semi carpeted the garage, so much better in winter ?, and a good area of this is wet now.

I understand this probably needs to be near the bottom of the machine but why not have it a height that allows a shallow tray or similar to be placed underneath it? I had some towels handy but the gush was too great ?.

I know there are some repair guys on here. I'm sure this is something that must irritate them regularly. It's bad design.

Last edited:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
These bull crappy US TV shows, usually on Discovery or similar.
An hour long but the actual content is about 15 minutes as after each break they recap for 5 minutes before continuing the story.
Just watched one called Lost Gold, what a crock of crap, have they actually ever found anything?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thursday : My holiday got cancelled.
Friday : Washing machine detonates.
Saturday : Chosen bathroom tiles out of stock 'til September, now have to delay bathroom refurb.
Today : I'm just holding my breath waiting for something bad to happen!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Changed our last holiday of this year to next year, same time same place, as we were worried about going to Cyprus given they require a Coronavirus negative test 72 hours before flying and I'm not sure we could be guaranteed to get one. So, all holidays this year either refunded or moved to next year but at least they are all paid for ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We washed a blanket yesterday afternoon which semi disintegrated. I spent a good hour or so emptying the filter, the pipe to the filter, cleaning the inside of the machine etc to make it function again. That in itself is quite irritating but this was overshadowed by where the filter is. 2-5mm from the base of the floor, give or take ?. This means that when unscrewing the filter access there is no chance of catching the water. As there was a lot to come out, it wasn't draining at all at first, that is a lot of water in the garage. I've semi carpeted the garage, so much better in winter ?, and a good area of this is wet now.

I understand this probably needs to be near the bottom of the machine but why not have it a height that allows a shallow tray or similar to be placed underneath it? I had some towels handy but the gush was too great ?.

I know there are some repair guys on here. I'm sure this is something that must irritate them regularly. It's bad design.
Our washing machine is the same when the filter gets blocked up. It's in the kitchen though. We have to tug it right out from it's space under the worktops, so that we can tilt it back slightly just to get a tray underneath the front where the water pours out. Effort.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our washing machine is the same when the filter gets blocked up. It's in the kitchen though. We have to tug it right out from it's space under the worktops, so that we can tilt it back slightly just to get a tray underneath the front where the water pours out. Effort.
If your filter is getting blocked that often, either you need to look at your washing regime or check your filter more regularly;)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Poor oppressed Lewis Hamilton View attachment 32062
They get pandered to and then they think that every thing they say has value.
Williams has the right attitude, the drivers were all good but the car made them win and so he did not pay the driver rates. This worked when he was a dominant force in racing and Mercedes should operate the same. F1 drivers championships aren’t that valuable in reality

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
They get pandered to and then they think that every thing they say has value.
Williams has the right attitude, the drivers were all good but the car made them win and so he did not pay the driver rates. This worked when he was a dominant force in racing and Mercedes should operate the same. F1 drivers championships aren’t that valuable in reality

How about team principles, are they not valuable and pampered?
As you mentioned Williams,.........

vv.jpg

At least Lewis has won 6 world championships with and for Mercedes.
Since Frank Williams gave his racing team to his daughter, Claire Williams OBE in 2013, their record hasn't been brilliant.
2014....320pts
2020 so far....0
She felt the need to have someone hold her umbrella for her 15 second interview.
And we hear Williams is now for sale.
I know who I think deserves pampering.

U

User62651

He's in the fastest car, that we do know.

How do you get the best team and fastest car though? By showng you're the best driver in another team's slower car fisrt, standout and move up!

I dont think Hamilton has anything to prove, it is a bit of procession for him so far but did Schumacher have it any harder in terms of competition for his 7 titles, probably not.