Random Irritations

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Our FLO from the job I'm on is off down to France for a wind farm job next week, that's why I asked. What wind farm roles are you looking for?

Client Marine Supervisor, apparently a lot of jobs kicking off in January if the Coronavirus handling is in a better position.
Just have to wait and see, only negative was it, was 2 and 2.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The obligatory buying and gifting of fizz for good news. We had good news today so my wife went out and bought some champagne to celebrate. We don't like it, we put a rasberry liquer in it to make it drinkable when people give it to us, so why buy it? We have even had the discussion previously about why buy it? Apparently this makes me miserable :rolleyes:

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The obligatory buying and gifting of fizz for good news. We had good news today so my wife went out and bought some champagne to celebrate. We don't like it, we put a rasberry liquer in it to make it drinkable when people give it to us, so why buy it? We have even had the discussion previously about why buy it? Apparently this makes me miserable :rolleyes:

Exactly what goes on here. Can't stand fizzy wines myself and probably half goes down the drain. We agree it's a waste but 30 years and it still happens :mad:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, so daft. I hate champagne, tastes like fizzy sick to me. Why not celebrate with a drink that tastes nice. You can still clink glasses no matter what's in it. :LOL:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another night of disturbed sleep this time courtesy of two massive thunderstorms and in particular the lightening which lit the room on a regular basis. Great display from the window once I realised sleep was futile

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, so daft. I hate champagne, tastes like fizzy sick to me. Why not celebrate with a drink that tastes nice. You can still clink glasses no matter what's in it. :LOL:
When you first arrive at a wedding reception you are usually offered fizz or fresh orange. I always choose the orange. I then get the third degree from a host of people, 'do you know there is champagne ', 'why aren't you drinking '? I then have to politely explain a preference for orange without wanting to put down the choice of fizz, it is supplied free after all. As you say there must be a better option.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When you first arrive at a wedding reception you are usually offered fizz or fresh orange. I always choose the orange. I then get the third degree from a host of people, 'do you know there is champagne ', 'why aren't you drinking '? I then have to politely explain a preference for orange without wanting to put down the choice of fizz, it is supplied free after all. As you say there must be a better option.

You could always mix the two together and then you could say you were making your mind up. I'll get my coat.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can normally tolerate buck's fizz so I'd go for that. At my wedding I think they gave the guests a choice of champagne or pink prosecco on arrival, and the pink prosecco was far nicer! Too nice - wife had about 6 before even got into the meal. :LOL:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can normally tolerate buck's fizz so I'd go for that. At my wedding I think they gave the guests a choice of champagne or pink prosecco on arrival, and the pink prosecco was far nicer! Too nice - wife had about 6 before even got into the meal. :LOL:

I had a winter wedding so had mulled wine as the first drink handed out. Far better option.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
R2, Ken Bruce, are playing the new Kylie song as their record of the week. Jeez it is bad. So heavily auto tuned that it sounds like Pinky or Perky singing. Who knows if Kylie was even present when it was made?

How has she made a career out of singing? It is an absolute mystery to me.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
R2, Ken Bruce, are playing the new Kylie song as their record of the week. Jeez it is bad. So heavily auto tuned that it sounds like Pinky or Perky singing. Who knows if Kylie was even present when it was made?

She doesn’t have to open her mouth for me;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I thought it was because she had a nice bum mainly.