Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Normally when I sell my gear I put it at a fair price and it sells pretty easily. This time nobody's biting for some reason. Usually you can sell a Ping wood in no time. Weird.

I'll be honest, second hand shoes that someone else's feet might have been in don't appeal to me. And I know you said never been worn but you never know if people are being honest about that. (Not saying you're not, but you don't know with some sellers.) Unless the labels are still on it I guess.

Be honest with you.. wait until after weather picks up a tad and more chance of a good price

Too many fair weather golfers out there put off by the weather at the moment

They are your market because the hardcore golfers will have their sets sorted

I picked up a bargain one length hybrid f9 model nearly new on eBay for £99.99 delivered (that's last year's model!!) Because he accepted my offer .. was up for £114.99

Demand is low ATM it's a buyer's market

Next month more chance

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Be honest with you.. wait until after weather picks up a tad and more chance of a good price

Too many fair weather golfers out there put off by the weather at the moment

They are your market because the hardcore golfers will have their sets sorted

I picked up a bargain one length hybrid f9 model nearly new on eBay for £99.99 delivered (that's last year's model!!) Because he accepted my offer .. was up for £114.99

Demand is low ATM it's a buyer's market

Next month more chance
You might be right but I also thought people might still be changing their bag up before the new 'season' really kicks in. I dunno. Maybe too many people selling off stuff they upgraded at Christmas! Could use the money now as we're going away at the end of the month and it's missus' 30th. Probably end up flogging it cheap if it doesn't go this time. :cautious:

U

User62651

People with their big trollies who loiter for a blether with other people with big trollies right at the entrance to Tesco with not a care for the melee they cause.....................GET OOT THE ******* WAY!:mad:

Issue often compounded by a charity stand.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mrs Slime went to Sainsbury's to do the weekly shop and noticed that there were no loo rolls whatsoever as they'd all been panic bought.
Absolutely pathetic, selfish and ignorant.

I hope the stockpilers' next poo is a hedgehog!
Might have been me. After all, I went out & bought a pack of 24 rolls even though there's only me & Mrs B in the house. But then, we were nearly out of bog-wipe, and we always buy a 24 pack. Does that count as stockpiling?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Normally when I sell my gear I put it at a fair price and it sells pretty easily. This time nobody's biting for some reason. Usually you can sell a Ping wood in no time. Weird.

I'll be honest, second hand shoes that someone else's feet might have been in don't appeal to me. And I know you said never been worn but you never know if people are being honest about that. (Not saying you're not, but you don't know with some sellers.) Unless the labels are still on it I guess.
Sell it when the Masters starts. People go nuts around that time. Fair weather golfers are still not interested right now, only us forummers are out playing :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sell it when the Masters starts. People go nuts around that time. Fair weather golfers are still not interested right now, only us forummers are out playing :D
Haha. When you put it like that, I've got some old tennis rackets I can probably shift during Wimbledon this year.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Haha. When you put it like that, I've got some old tennis rackets I can probably shift during Wimbledon this year.
You are getting the hang of it now :LOL:. I've always got best prices for gear around the time of the Majors and Augusta in particular. Augusta signals the start of the season for many people, full of hope etc. It is when they start buying replacement gear.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the subject of stockpiling, a friend of the wife works for Aldi, She got an internal email today saying all staff to work this weekend if possible as it's going to very busy with people stockpiling. Then it goes on to say that they suggest the staff do the same!!! How is that helpful??

We actually need some bog roll, am due to go to the shops tonight!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The bog roll we have only comes in a 24 pack and we were getting low so i got some one the way home only to find HiD had got some too
So we're inadvertently stockpiling......
Sorry..

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Someone in Chippenham Sainsburys bought £200 worth of toilet rolls yesterday, was mentioned on Jeremy Vine on R2. We mentioned it to the checkout woman when we were there this morning and she had served him. She didn’t recognise him as a regular and they also got loads of hand gel as well.

someone should tell these people what the symptoms of CV are!!!!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I get all my bog roll from Costco

40 rolls for £16 or so

Always get 2 and just store in garage

Don't need to replace often ..

However if we run out we always got the more hygienic bidet lol