Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Strangely there seemed to be plenty of rice on the shelves...prompting my theory of switch to a durum wheat based currency..
Cauliflower and sprouts, thankfully, remain unaffected so far..

Thank God for that, I was starting to get the sweats just thinking about it. (y)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Isn’t it fantastic that the UK press are there to keep us informed about our chances of surviving (or more accurately) dying from this virus, but… while I’m well aware of my death odds by age, gender and whether I have xyz condition or illness or lifestyle habit like being a smoker/drinker/fat etc what we are missing is a death ratio where more than one factor is considered i.e if a fat male is 2.3% and being a smoker is say 3.6 does that mean the death rate is the combined 5.9 or somewhere in between? :unsure:

I feel the press should provide a free app for us to input our details and get an accurate dead % How am I expected to go to work each day unsure if I have a 1.8 or 4.2% chance of dying from it, it’s just not fair. :eek:

C’mon British Press, get your finger out!! :rolleyes:

Wolf

Visit site
Mrs Slime went to Sainsbury's to do the weekly shop and noticed that there were no loo rolls whatsoever as they'd all been panic bought.
Absolutely pathetic, selfish and ignorant.

I hope the stockpilers' next poo is a hedgehog!
Absolutely agreed. People are going overboard on buying things and taking away from basic needs of others. Just seen one person in Facebook moaning about lack of alcohol hand gel so he bought a bottle of Asda smart price vodka to put on his hands ?

Can you imagine though if we did have another world war nobody would know how to ration a thing ...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
My electricity meter going pop last night so waiting for my supplier to come and sort it out.

In the meantime I am having to charge my phones via the charging port on my golf trolley

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
4 repair jobs and it finally worked. Handwash, hens teeth now apparently, if you are part of the media and want to start scaring people!
we are sorted. few years ago i was asked to become a director of a large Aussie Media agency that had been offloaded to a friend, they had all sorts of marketing promo freebies and for some reason they sent me a whole box of Hand sanitisers, 50 of the things, never been touched, maybe sell them on ebay;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ping G SF Tec
doesn't sound overpriced but i suppose 4 year old tech, its only worth what someone will pay, non as queer and folk as they say.

i have a pair Of top of the range FJ classic patent wing tip that are brand new, cost the wife over £200 new a couple of years ago, never been worn no takers even at £50 you can't even get a crap pair for that:ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
doesn't sound overpriced but i suppose 4 year old tech, its only worth what someone will pay, non as queer and folk as they say.

i have a pair Of top of the range FJ classic patent wing tip that are brand new, cost the wife over £200 new a couple of years ago, never been worn no takers even at £50 you can't even get a crap pair for that:ROFLMAO:
Normally when I sell my gear I put it at a fair price and it sells pretty easily. This time nobody's biting for some reason. Usually you can sell a Ping wood in no time. Weird.

I'll be honest, second hand shoes that someone else's feet might have been in don't appeal to me. And I know you said never been worn but you never know if people are being honest about that. (Not saying you're not, but you don't know with some sellers.) Unless the labels are still on it I guess.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Normally when I sell my gear I put it at a fair price and it sells pretty easily. This time nobody's biting for some reason. Usually you can sell a Ping wood in no time. Weird.

I'll be honest, second hand shoes that someone else's feet might have been in don't appeal to me. And I know you said never been worn but you never know if people are being honest about that. (Not saying you're not, but you don't know with some sellers.) Unless the labels are still on it I guess.

i get you but shoes you buy in a shop could have had feet in, after all people try things on. i have tried them on of course why wouldn't you, but they have never been out of the house or on a golf course. i gave up in the end and now they are just gathering dust somewhere.

the same shoes are £299 now