Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Raining every single day this week up to and including Saturday according to the forecast. So our course will be ruined, not even sure it'll be open. This is the wettest winter I can remember in my lifetime, it's ridiculous.
That's odd cuz the forecast I been looking at says pretty dry after today

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
whoever cancelled the open at Royal Porthcawl tomorrow around 2pm today when some of the boys were already on route down.
Weather isn't great tomorrow but from the forecast certainly not enough to close a Links course.

Yesterday the pro described the course as dry, hole 1 a little damp but drying due to strong winds and people coming off the course with clean shoes.

thats pretty poor, I guess they were trying to cancel early enough to avoid exactly what has happened but needed to be several hours earlier :( hotels to cancel too no doubt then a long journey home

D

Deleted member 15344

thats pretty poor, I guess they were trying to cancel early enough to avoid exactly what has happened but needed to be several hours earlier :( hotels to cancel too no doubt then a long journey home
Well I got to just past Bristol with about an hour to go - spoke to the hotel and because it was after 12 we couldn’t move the date or cancel with a refund so we are out of pocket . Spoke to the club and expected a better answer than what I got from a club of that standing - and they failed to understand that some people were travelling 3/4 hours and that the call could have been earlier to help those. I can’t make the rearranged date and I’m not sure if I’ll go back again even if it is great value.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well I got to just past Bristol with about an hour to go - spoke to the hotel and because it was after 12 we couldn’t move the date or cancel with a refund so we are out of pocket . Spoke to the club and expected a better answer than what I got from a club of that standing - and they failed to understand that some people were travelling 3/4 hours and that the call could have been earlier to help those. I can’t make the rearranged date and I’m not sure if I’ll go back again even if it is great value.

ouch thats some journey :( is the fcast that bad?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Club is open until six contractually. I rock up at 4.00 and one person in the bar. I told the steward I intended to hit some balls for an hour and he said "I can't guarantee I'll still be open". I countered with the what about the 5.00pm soaks. "One has been and won't be coming back and the other isn't coming" I was told. Took a punt and went out to do some pitching but was rushing and couldn't really focus so binned it about 4.45 with the intention of a beer and letting him lock up. Verrily it came to pass that at bang on 5.00 the usual suspects arrived (more than the two we mentioned) so I could have done some practice.

You are supposed to be open. You know the clientele, so don't try and pull a fast one to close ahead of time and deprive a member who took the courtesy to ask the question and didn't assume upon his hospitality and mug him off.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Sad folk (allegedly on the left of the political spectrum) who are calling for a boycott (no pun intended) of Yorkshire Tea after the Chancellor was pictured using the brand to make tea for his team.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sad folk (allegedly on the left of the political spectrum) who are calling for a boycott (no pun intended) of Yorkshire Tea after the Chancellor was pictured using the brand to make tea for his team.

Yeah i saw that, is that what the world is coming to? What a bunch of sad twunts.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One Hope's they're going to boycott Waitrose Skimmed milk, find out what brand clothes he wears and what car he drives so they can boycott those too....oh, and what public transport..
But here's an idea....maybe they could do us all a favour and boycott breathing the same air........
Either that or just go hunting for a life

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The new docking stations at work are complete and total :poop:. I've only had it 8 weeks and it already doesn't work properly. I have to unplug it and plug back in a couple of times before it actually shows my desktop on the monitors. It was already annoying that you can't put the laptop on without opening it like you could on the old docking stations. Bah.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fingers crossed it remains just an irritation , I've been badgered into picking up my wife's nephew at the airport tonight :mad:.
Slightly concerned as he's coming back from 2 weeks holiday in the Ukraine coming back via Amsterdam to Glasgow.
So he's been mingling with god knows who for 2 weeks been on 2 flights in 3 crowded airports :eek: seemingly airports are the most likely place to pick up this latest virus , then he'll be sitting next to me for a hour or so in my car :mad:.
So if you don't hear from me , you'll know who to blame , goodbye all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Fingers crossed it remains just an irritation , I've been badgered into picking up my wife's nephew at the airport tonight :mad:.
Slightly concerned as he's coming back from 2 weeks holiday in the Ukraine coming back via Amsterdam to Glasgow.
So he's been mingling with god knows who for 2 weeks been in 3 crowded airports :eek: seemingly airports are the most likely place to pick up this latest virus , then he'll be sitting next to me for a hour or so in my car :mad:.
So if you don't hear from me , you'll know who to blame , goodbye all.
Make him sit in the boot......in a body condom.:censored:

Wolf

Visit site
Getting a parking charge notice from Northampton court stating I owe £200 for a parking fine for a car park in Gainsborough that wasn't physically possible for me to get considering my car on that date and time was parked in a secure long stay car park at Manchester Airport and the only 2 people that could possibly drive the car (my wife and I) were in Italy with the car keys in a safe in our hotel room...
Following on from this irritation, thought it was all sorted as I'd sent all proof to courts. Except just arrived home to a letter from Northampton small claims telling me the car park company are willing to accept some fault but want the issue settled by mediation or small claims to get the a portion of the fine ?

So tomorrow will be wasted sorting this again and telling them there will be no settlement and no acceptance of any guilt on my behalf as i can prove I wasn't in the country and was infact on honeymoon in Italy where the keys were locked in a safe, can prove the car was parked 84 miles away in a secure hotel car park on the date in question.... Thank god for pancakes...