Random Irritations

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Leaky swimming goggles. I must have an odd shaped head as the right side always leaks.

https://themagic5.com/collections/all-products

Not brave enough to bite the bullet, but am so tempted with these! You basically scan your face using their app and they custom make them for you.

For now, i am ok with my Zoggs Predator flex (last seasons version, the 2019 version is not as good apparently)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
https://themagic5.com/collections/all-products

Not brave enough to bite the bullet, but am so tempted with these! You basically scan your face using their app and they custom make them for you.

For now, i am ok with my Zoggs Predator flex (last seasons version, the 2019 version is not as good apparently)

Wowza! Just bought a pair from Amazon which get good reviews (i-swim pro) and only a tenner. Like the fact they clasp at the back so no twanging as you pull them on! Tried out of the water and for once both eyes got suction so swim tomorrow to test in the pool.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depressing few posts. Looking forward to a happy weekend LT?
A thought "Life starts and end in pretty much the same fashion ...in knappies :mad::mad:"
Sorry, my MiL has fairly advanced Alzheimers so I am seeing first hand the pointless nature of having a working body but a failing mind. The ability to live forever only works well if everything keeps functioning.

What it does do is remind you to live your life now and live it with a smile. Go on, have a biscuit with your cuppa (y)

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sorry, my MiL has fairly advanced Alzheimers so I am seeing first hand the pointless nature of having a working body but a failing mind. The ability to live forever only works well if everything keeps functioning.

What it does do is remind you to live your life now and live it with a smile. Go on, have a biscuit with your cuppa (y)

Sorry about the MiL - I apologise that my post was in bad taste. Seeing someone go down hill slowly is a wake up call, I was left looking after my kids of 5 and 8 when their mother died after 10 of progressive illness. (y)(y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry about the MiL - I apologise that my post was in bad taste. Seeing someone go down hill slowly is a wake up call, I was left looking after my kids of 5 and 8 when their mother died after 10 of progressive illness. (y)(y)
No bad taste at all (y). I took it the tone you meant it which I took to be light hearted, 'a couple of miserable looking posts, cheer up lads'. Stuff happens, as you are clearly more than aware, and it does make you look at certain things in a different way. I'm lucky in a way as it is my MiL, not my own mum. My job is largely to cheer up my wife when she struggles with it, give up more of my own time visting and having them over than we usually would because of the circumstances. Not a great deal to ask really and humour, black humour in particular, is essential in all of this.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My MiL has a very limited life span left due to lung disease meaning she is on oxygen 100% of the time and the FiL has worsening dementia 87 and 92 years old respectively. As I work full time my wife takes on the responsibility for them as well as caring for our grandchildren at various times in the week. We still have a laugh with the in laws and try to keep them going with trips out at the weekend. They are doing their best to stay strong and remain positive but I do feel sorry for my angel of a wife.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No bad taste at all (y). I took it the tone you meant it which I took to be light hearted, 'a couple of miserable looking posts, cheer up lads'. Stuff happens, as you are clearly more than aware, and it does make you look at certain things in a different way. I'm lucky in a way as it is my MiL, not my own mum. My job is largely to cheer up my wife when she struggles with it, give up more of my own time visting and having them over than we usually would because of the circumstances. Not a great deal to ask really and humour, black humour in particular, is essential in all of this.

Thanks for the response.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The weather. This is our 10th, and we drain well :oops:

CGC%2010th%20hole%2013th%20february.jpg

Wolf

Visit site
Driving home and on the radio they were saying they hope people had a nice Galentines day... That's not a typo either apparently this is a real thing that's being promoted each year for women to send other women cards to show them how amazing they think they are..

Why do we need yet another hallmark card selling day for something so silly can't people simply just have a conversation and tell people they admire what they did or go for a coffee together.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Our society first event of year is next Thursday at one of the best draining courses around

The course has been closed for 2 days.

Worrying

However less draining courses are open though hmm
Exactly

we have problems on our 15th and 16th with drainage and were closed yesterday and yet lo, open today 1-14 and 18. No way can it all have drained away and been mainly playable but it's Friday and the weekend and we can't risk upsetting members and them not getting a game. Very short sighted and to be honest given the forecast for tomorrow and Sunday, keep it closed today and all weekend and Monday and give it a rest and then reassess on Tuesday