Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
t
Exactly

we have problems on our 15th and 16th with drainage and were closed yesterday and yet lo, open today 1-14 and 18. No way can it all have drained away and been mainly playable but it's Friday and the weekend and we can't risk upsetting members and them not getting a game. Very short sighted and to be honest given the forecast for tomorrow and Sunday, keep it closed today and all weekend and Monday and give it a rest and then reassess on Tuesday

I think that's what the course in question is doing

Hopefully from Tuesday will be fully open so we can play

I doubt we will play there though. I can see us moving to another venue who close less so we can defo play .. it's getting a bit silly

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Driving home and on the radio they were saying they hope people had a nice Galentines day... That's not a typo either apparently this is a real thing that's being promoted each year for women to send other women cards to show them how amazing they think they are..

Why do we need yet another hallmark card selling day for something so silly can't people simply just have a conversation and tell people they admire what they did or go for a coffee together.

It came from an American tv series Parks and Recreation

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wasn't aware of that as never seen the series, but its a bloody stupid idea.
That is classic Parks & Rec, it pokes fun at that type of thing. Highly recommend that show, it is brilliant.

The funny thing is that people have taken a fictional concept, something that is mocking an idea, and then turned it into something real o_O. Yes it is a stupid idea but people are stupid.

Just wait until National 'Treat yo'self day' :LOL:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That is classic Parks & Rec, it pokes fun at that type of thing. Highly recommend that show, it is brilliant.

The funny thing is that people have taken a fictional concept, something that is mocking an idea, and then turned it into something real o_O. Yes it is a stupid idea but people are stupid.

Just wait until National 'Treat yo'self day' :LOL:

think you'll find theres already plenty of sites for that ;)

Wolf

Visit site
There is a Global Wellness Day it's on 13th June this year . http://www.globalwellnessday.org/about/what-is-gwd/
Another ridiculous day. The theory behind it is good but we should be encouraging people to do these things each day to help improve their lives, physical and mental well being. Its like we need a national day for everything instead of actually encouraging people to be decent human beings and love each other every day

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Driving home and on the radio they were saying they hope people had a nice Galentines day... That's not a typo either apparently this is a real thing that's being promoted each year for women to send other women cards to show them how amazing they think they are..

Why do we need yet another hallmark card selling day for something so silly can't people simply just have a conversation and tell people they admire what they did or go for a coffee together.
I'm sure that originated in Parks and Recreation - Lesley Knope does it every year for her female friends. I didn't know it had caught on in real life though.

Edit: Just seen Bob already said this, my bad. Parks and Rec is awesome though.

Wolf

Visit site
Just signed up to the Hurricane 80k in 80 days challenge. Basically you run, walk, cycle, swim whatever but you have to do thsy distance in a set 80 day period. It commemorate the 80 years since Battle of Britain & raises money for the RAF museum. Seeing as Mrs Wolf is going through the joining process thought I'd do this with her and realistically its an easy distance to cover in that time.

Its £20 to do it and you get a little medal at the end, all proceeds except for the cost of medal go to the charity. None of this irritates me its all very nice, the actual irritation is the amount of servicemen posting on the social media ad for it asking for a 50% discount in order to take part.. Why would you do that!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm looking at cars at the moment and a Prius is an option. Neither of the two dealers closest to me have one in their showroom to view. How can that be? A family car, big seller and neither have one in, nor is one coming in shortly.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly

we have problems on our 15th and 16th with drainage and were closed yesterday and yet lo, open today 1-14 and 18. No way can it all have drained away and been mainly playable but it's Friday and the weekend and we can't risk upsetting members and them not getting a game. Very short sighted and to be honest given the forecast for tomorrow and Sunday, keep it closed today and all weekend and Monday and give it a rest and then reassess on Tuesday

Don't let the rain get in the way of a good round! Come and get yourself a #ProQuip waterproof suit and you'll be looking forward to rain by the time you leave the shop ? ?

Your closed because of the weather ...... Idiots

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Internet being down in the office all day. Am having to use my work mobile as a WiFi hotspot, and the connection with that is inconsistent to say the least.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

There is a Global Wellness Day it's on 13th June this year . http://www.globalwellnessday.org/about/what-is-gwd/

The fact that there isn't a 'Send Money to Slime Day'. ;)