Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Out of interest why the need to mention his Nationality, of what relevance is that being told you have grey hair?
Because someone would have asked if it was my French barber - believe me - someone would have :)

Since @Bunkermagnet asks - it cost me £12 as I felt I didn't need to go for a 30min cut in the English barber I used to use that would cost me £18.

...aand he said that though Petra and other historical sites in Jordan are great - Amman is a bit boring. Apparently Damascus is a fascinating place - but not the best place to visit at the moment...

...aaand as @Dando asked - he didn't say anything political and the views about Brexit expressed by a Maltese customer sitting waiting are not worth mentioning, suffice to say he wasn't very complimentary. But he's Maltese - what does he know about the Brits.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

Customers who mither you to do a job then when it's done and time to pay you they disappear.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Aylesbury Park finally closed mate?
Closed almost a year ago.
Hs2 walked in one Monday morning and served an order giving the club 1 month's notice of allowing them to enter the site and take over with 1 day's notice
Cant run a business like that so they shut up shop within 2 days.
Fortunately it was the end of the month so members, who were paying month by month, didn't lose out.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Closed almost a year ago.
Hs2 walked in one Monday morning and served an order giving the club 1 month's notice of allowing them to enter the site and take over with 1 day's notice
Cant run a business like that so they shut up shop within 2 days.
Fortunately it was the end of the month so members, who were paying month by month, didn't lose out.

oh wow didnt know that :(

you left the zoo yet?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you ever find a pair that a/ don't leak and b/ aren't painful to your eyes, then please let me know. I've tried too many over the years and they always let me down one way or the other.

Best I had was the large AquaSphere goggles which I used for triathlon. Don't half look a numpty in them but also created less panda eyes! Might have to invest in another pair.

D

Deleted member 16999

Best I had was the large AquaSphere goggles which I used for triathlon. Don't half look a numpty in them but also created less panda eyes! Might have to invest in another pair.
Amazon UK got some decent deals on Aqua Sphere goggles, ordered a pair at the weekend.(y)

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
As of yesterday I'm now on my 71st orbit of the sun.
This feels dreadful, but of course I mustn't grumble.
Mark Twain quote:
"I have achieved my seventy years in the usual way, by sticking strictly to a scheme of life which would kill anybody else....I will offer here, as a sound maxim, this: That we can't reach old age by another man's road."

Anyone know how to reverse the ageing process? :D

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Funnily enough I am currently reading a book about a guy who creates an age reversal drug. It wouldn't surprise me if this becomes reality some time in the future.

Wolf

Visit site
Funnily enough I am currently reading a book about a guy who creates an age reversal drug. It wouldn't surprise me if this becomes reality some time in the future.
Really do you actually believe they're going to stop the ageing process... You can't stop people gettinf older and the body becoming more frail

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Really do you actually believe they're going to stop the ageing process... You can't stop people gettinf older and the body becoming more frail
The body has at least 37 trillion cells. I don't see how a pill can keep them all healthy.

I'm going to ratchet up the Yoga, Tai Chi and Qigong and see how it goes.
I've also started a bit of jogging again, but nobody gets faster as they get older. I'll try and aim for a sub 10 minute mile.
As for golf scores, they don't get lower.
Keep you posted.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If they do it will be the beginning of the end of the world, since nobody would die naturally and all our resources would quickly become insufficient.