Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The attempts at red carpet interviews at The Oscar's dominating the news channels this morning . Embarrassing, sycophantic and largely a waste of time. Give out the results and forget the interviews.

Watching the BBC news just after 6.00 this morning and these were non-interviews and a novice reporter hopelessly out of her depth desperately trying to fill and work out how the hell to get someone to speak to her. That seemed to be more of a story than the even and winners itself

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oscars, apart from those involved, who really cares and does it really matter?
Not I.
All these award ceremonies are just a load of luvvies telling each other how wonderful they all are - in between preaching to the rest of us on how we are ruining everything in the world and it is all our fault. Bunch of hypocrites

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Now that England knows what a real storm feels like (though ask a Hebridean about 'storms' and they tell you why traditional houses are often lashed to the ground :) ), maybe the weather people will think again about calling out a storm every time the wind speed is going to puff above the average. There is a danger that too many 'false storms' make us blase and we ignore the real ones. Only half jesting.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Why would Top Gear get more viewers on BBC1 than on BBC2? Do people not know BBC2 exists? Lost the remote and can't change channel? May be BBC2 is for left handed people only, or viewing time is rationed.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now that England knows what a real storm feels like (though ask a Hebridean about 'storms' and they tell you why traditional houses are often lashed to the ground :) ), maybe the weather people will think again about calling out a storm every time the wind speed is going to puff above the average. There is a danger that too many 'false storms' make us blase and we ignore the real ones. Only half jesting.

:)
Ciara barely registered. The 1987 storm down here was the one to talk about.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I find watching left handed golfers just odd. Randomely irritating if you like. Phil Mickelsons swing for example, just looks horrible. Even if you flip it with a mirror. What is worse, is that he has no excuse, he isn't even left handed.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I find watching left handed golfers just odd. Randomely irritating if you like. Phil Mickelsons swing for example, just looks horrible. Even if you flip it with a mirror. What is worse, is that he has no excuse, he isn't even left handed.

I must admit I think left handed golfers look so awkward.
its like they’re swatting flies so its a good job my swing is a thing of beauty!!!!

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Oscars, apart from those involved, who really cares and does it really matter?
Not I.

As a regular cinema goer, I quite enjoy "pitting my wits" against the committee & seeing where we agree or disagree.

My irritation as far as this is concerned is that you can no longer go to the cinema and see all the candidates. You now need Netflix or Amazon or Apple or whatever to see all the candidates, which I have no desire to do.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

He's got a perfect excuse, that being the way he learnt the game facing his father who was a righty.

Out of interest do you feel the same about Bob Charles, Mike Weir, Ben Hogan, Johnny Miller, Greg Norman, Curtis Strange, Nick Price, David Graham & Byron Nelson? They apparently all played from their non-natural side.