Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Amazon is introducing a feature for Alexa respones with the voice of Samuel L Jackson.....swearing can be toggled off.
But you cant get it here:mad:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife's school can do a simple PAYE system

HMRC sent my wife a letter in October saying she owed them £1000 in tax... She isn't liable for that much over a year she's only part time

So school said don't worry we have sorted it

Today another letter saying she owes them this

Useless

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If the 'gross' income is £15k I'd be very surprised that he'd be paying any taxes after the personal allowances, SE NI contributions. If he's self employed in the entertainment/music business he can claim ALL his legitimate expenses like mileage, telephone, 3rd party liability insurance. Spend some time reading the HMRC tax guidelines it could be very worthwhile, remember is there is a'net' loss it can be set against future profit. I apologise if I'm 'teaching granny to suck eggs'.

Just had a look on the HMRC website and I'm thinking you're suggesting I look here...

https://www.gov.uk/expenses-if-youre-self-employed

Should this tell me all I need to know - there are plenty of other sites talking about self employed tax deductable expenses.

But I'll start on the HMRC website.

cheers (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have just realised that the document management system we've been using for 4 months is calculating workflows on working days and not calendar days. Hence the two week review cycle we set up has actually been as many as 20 days in some cases. And they are still overdue!! :cautious:

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have just realised that the document management system we've been using for 4 months is calculating workflows on working days and not calendar days. Hence the two week review cycle we set up has actually been as many as 20 days in some cases. And they are still overdue!! :cautious:

+1
The reports I like are the ones that work daily data from calendar month records and then forget to account for the fact that there a different number of working days in each month

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
+1
The reports I like are the ones that work daily data from calendar month records and then forget to account for the fact that there a different number of working days in each month
Our Information Management Consultant had several ample opportunities to tell me the system runs on working days as well, but overlooked all of those opportunities. Thanks for that. Sod it, I make that home time - beer o'clock I think.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There'll be an option/options in the 'Setup' process that needs to be set to reflect your organisation's preference!
RTFM applies! So does this!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our Information Management Consultant had several ample opportunities to tell me the system runs on working days as well, but overlooked all of those opportunities. Thanks for that. Sod it, I make that home time - beer o'clock I think.
Jeez - some basic user acceptance testing should have spotted that...and that would be UAT after all the client-specific configurations has been set. It really isn't rocket science (and I know rocket science to know)

Wolf

Visit site
Mrs Wolf's step dad.. The guy is an absolute cock Womble..

I've just spent 40mins talking to his son (Mrs step brother) decent enough lad he's 23 mur old and been struggling for work for the last year. Tells me he has decided to try and get in the Navy, he always liked the idea of it but always been held back He's been speaking to recruitment team for 3 weeks an had all his booklets with him and decided to come seek me out to see if I'd help him with the fitness & swim tests preparation to give him the best chance. Of course I said id help but when he told me he has put off doing this for nearly 5 years is because his dad always told him he won't pass because he's useless and physically weak, won't make anything of himself I got really wound up.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One of the main open air car parks in town has, for many years, been free for 2 hours if you get a ticket from the machine.
This month they've installed ANPR cameras and small booths with a screen to tap your numbar plate in.
First time I've been there since it was installed...no instructions at all, just a list of costs if you exceed your 2 hours.
I get to the machine and there's 5 people waiting.
First in the queue taps the number in and the system takes 1 minute to search and not find it.
Tries again
Same
Tries again...this time it takes 2 minutes
By this time there's 10 of us
Along comes the parking Nazi and he casually informs us that, unless we intend to stay more than 2 hours, we dont need to register details...we can park, shop and drive away.
Well thanks a bundle....a couple of signs wouldn't have helped much....:rolleyes:
Peasants :mad:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Coming home to a flooded utility room :(

Sparky had swapped a switch (which hasnt fixed the problem sigh), in the process turned off the switch for the waste water pump. Wife didnt realise and put the washing machine on. Return home several hours later to find water everywhere as it had nowhere else to go

Mopped everything up, no towels left and have stuff drying everywhere round the house lets hope thats all it is, will see if theres any residual damage in the morning

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mrs Wolf's step dad.. The guy is an absolute cock Womble..

I've just spent 40mins talking to his son (Mrs step brother) decent enough lad he's 23 mur old and been struggling for work for the last year. Tells me he has decided to try and get in the Navy, he always liked the idea of it but always been held back He's been speaking to recruitment team for 3 weeks an had all his booklets with him and decided to come seek me out to see if I'd help him with the fitness & swim tests preparation to give him the best chance. Of course I said id help but when he told me he has put off doing this for nearly 5 years is because his dad always told him he won't pass because he's useless and physically weak, won't make anything of himself I got really wound up.

That should be all the incentive he needs and gives you the opportunity to stick it to the cock womble.
Go for it, I'd say. (y)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I have really been struggling with my depression and lack of sleep so mrs d has been using my car to drop me at the station, go to work and pick me up which is nice
on Sunday there was 1/2 tank of petrol.
This morning I got in the car and drove to the station to find the petrol light on ?

Wolf

Visit site
That should be all the incentive he needs and gives you the opportunity to stick it to the cock womble.
Go for it, I'd say. (y)
Exactly what i said to him.. I've set him up with a training plan and I'll also train with him once a week to. No surprise he wants to get away from the bloke..

I've been blessed with great in laws on the FiL side, but on the MiL side I wouldn't waste my breathe..

Wolf

Visit site
I have really been struggling with my depression and lack of sleep so mrs d has been using my car to drop me at the station, go to work and pick me up which is nice
on Sunday there was 1/2 tank of petrol.
This morning I got in the car and drove to the station to find the petrol light on ?
It's compulsory mate no matter whose car they use. My Mrs needs my car tomorrow as she's off on a girly trip to visit her friend, guess who had to fill the car up ?..
As a result I need to use her little car tomorrow to get to work and shes kindly advised me her petrol lights on. So ultimately after tonight she's getting 2 cars fully fueled at my expense when she's the reason we're having to swap ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's compulsory mate no matter whose car they use. My Mrs needs my car tomorrow as she's off on a girly trip to visit her friend, guess who had to fill the car up ?..
As a result I need to use her little car tomorrow to get to work and shes kindly advised me her petrol lights on. So ultimately after tonight she's getting 2 cars fully fueled at my expense when she's the reason we're having to swap ?
My wife used to run the tank low when we just had the one car, till one day I deliberately ran it even lower knowing she was using it next which caused her a delay having to fill the tank. Strangely it stopped her doing it again:)
Now she has her own, she will sometimes run the tank close but as I don't use it I just leave her to deal with it...your car, your problem:)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

My wife has a special self fueling car

Taxes, insures and fuels itself

Blooming marvelous she says